anyone know why this forum seems to have died?

Thank you. The reason i asked details is because my daughter did not get any deal with Rogers. For me it worked out ver y well for my two lines with Fido. I do not get why Rogers and all carriers ask so much for voicemail. If you have call forward ing you my forward to a internet no or voip and is cheaper. I use fongo and freephoneline.

I have a fongo phone account set up on my phone as a second line.
I sell on the web and dont want people having my home number so when I am expecting calls or text messages from these customers, I turn on Fongo account.

I have used it for several years but I don't personally think its the best system.
Yes, its very good, especially for a free service but for my needs i would not wish to use it as my main phone but it does do what I ask of it perfectly.

As for voice mail, don't go by my deal as I hate voice mail and never take it or use it if I do have it.
I don't push for friends or family to call me unless absolutely necessary.
Phones for me are an intrusion so i prefer people text me. I don't use them to chat on. I am a simple "be there in 5 minutes type of caller" hence, no one needs to leave me a message IF i want them calling me. i see they have called and I will call them back.

So i don't use voice mail as I find all the spam calls annoying and have various block call programs to filter out spam calls. I just set them so the phone picks up and hangs up all the time or, if that phone is jailbroken/rooted I have it set to be busy any time they call so the last thing i want is the Weston Hotel, Air Canada, and whatever other ones are presently making the rounds of spamming us all ;)

Whether voice mail was originally included or not on this, I can't say, because i don't use it.

Edit: WestJet, cant forget the #1 spammer, West Jet /sighs

Thank you for these thoughts. Indeed each of us has the needs in different way. It is our choice to prioritize to better fit for us. It seems that lot of people use now a days internet phone services. I also have fongo app previously Dell voice. Good luck.

$50 for 8gb plan. Took a lot of talking before she agreed to it. It also includes unlimited texting with picture and video and unlimited Canada wide talking. When my sister tried after I told her about my plan she got the same thing for $60. It seems that who you talk to there can make a difference.

$60 for 8 gigs sounds pretty good.
Especially with the Canada wide calling and voice mail options.
Were you able to negotiate subsidized HUP as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$50 for 8gb plan. Took a lot of talking before she agreed to it. It also includes unlimited texting with picture and video and unlimited Canada wide talking. When my sister tried after I told her about my plan she got the same thing for $60. It seems that who you talk to there can make a difference.

That unreal pricing in today market...

My sister got a sweet deal on a iPhone 7 as well.

Is anyone having any luck negotiating with retentions?
Getting them to price match Wind/freedom or Public Mobile

Is anyone having any luck negotiating with retentions?
Getting them to price match Wind/freedom or Public Mobile
I think these are not comparable products/services and you won't get very far. You should find a more comparable service, like with Telus or Bell, etc. I don't think there is any incentive for them to give you anything better because there isn't much choice even jumping to a different carrier. The other poster getting 8GB for $50 is the best I've seen.

I find Rogers is a bit of a pain to negotiate with because they have no reason to negotiate because they make a lot of profit every year. I was a customer with them for over 20 years and they really didn't offer me anything very good so I switched to Telus. However, most Canadian carriers offer mediocre plans and I eventually switched to a US provider because I'm in the US much of the time these days. I've got a US plan where I pay US$2/GB of data. A plan that I will likely never give up and never move back to a Canadian carrier.

My daughter did not get any from Rogers,she will be waiti g till next month to find the new deal after passing the 2 years of contract, despite she is not able to use navigation no matter what app she us using. For me with Fido i got 4gb for 60 bucks on pulse plan.

Sent from my SM-P550 using HoFo mobile app

Back