AT&T Anyway to disable Cortana on Windows Mobile 10 (Lumina 640 XL) ?

FreeWil

Carrier(s)
AT&T
Device(s)
Nokia Lumina 640 XL
Windows phone/mobile seems to be a dying breed but I'm not ready to sell my soul to Google/Gmail or Apple been with Microsoft since day one (actually before). I don't wanna give anymore to their database than I have to either...SO...
Anyone know best way to disable, block, limit Cortana in Windows Mobile 10 ? I'm not talking about using the "quiet hours" thing either. When I hit my magnifying glass I want Bing not Cortana. Thanks...anyone? Anyone?

I am sorry to say, but I do not believe there is a way to turn off Cortana in WinPhone10. I was searching the microsoft support site and there are plenty of others asking that as well with no solution.

I didn't want to give up my windows phone either, but on T-Mobile with only the Alcatel Fierce XL which was chronically unstable I just gave up and went back to android. I still use all my microsoft services (outlook.com, here Maps, calendar, etc.) as well as Bing as the search like you are trying to use on your Lumia. I turn all the google stuff off.

I hope there is a solution for you with the cortana turn off.

Back