AT&T AT&T data breach! 73 million may be affected!

Well, it's a third party, completely unrelated to att. How did they get my att account number???? That number hasn't been used or shared with any other entities in the 5 years i've been a fiber customer. In fact, I don't use that number for anything other than providing to att when their ivr doesn't populate the profile based on calling number CID.

I think the class action will gain traction in the coming weeks/months.

Consider yourself lucky.

Well, it's a third party, completely unrelated to att. How did they get my att account number???? That number hasn't been used or shared with any other entities in the 5 years i've been a fiber customer. In fact, I don't use that number for anything other than providing to att when their ivr doesn't populate the profile based on calling number CID.

I think the class action will gain traction in the coming weeks/months.

Consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, that’s kind of odd that they have your number? I would definitely try to find out why if you can.

At least my DOB and SSN weren't found.

That’s it…I’m switching to T-Mobile where my data will be secure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s it…I’m switching to T-Mobile where my data will be secure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha I think AT&T and T-Mobile are sharing the same cyber security company.

Now instead of spam calls, I am getting 1-2 spam emails per day pretending they are from AT&T about the data breach. At the bottom there is a link to "Sign in". Each one I have got is from a different Gmail account and the Sign in link is always different, never going to an actual AT&T page.

And in other breaking news, the sky is often blue.

This stuff is just the new normal, welcome to the modern world.

Now instead of spam calls, I am getting 1-2 spam emails per day pretending they are from AT&T about the data breach. At the bottom there is a link to "Sign in". Each one I have got is from a different Gmail account and the Sign in link is always different, never going to an actual AT&T page.

Yeah, I got a couple of emails myself that looked a little suspicious. I didn’t bother clicking on any of the links inside the emails.

Got an email from Experian that my SSN was in the AT&T data breach... I haven't been an AT&T customer for 13 years. It's ridiculous that we let these companies keep our sensitive info indefinitely.

Until there are real sensible Federal regulations requiring adult supervision of our data, real requirements to disclose things like rates, fees and taxes, this and other thefts will continue to happen to consumers over and over again. As I said on another thread about the old man who T-Mobile served up with a $144K bill for roaming, the triopoly act exactly like the "Honest Cable TV" ad states.
The time has come for all of these companies to be held accountable and play it straight.

That time will only come after radical changes to the fundamental processes that govern how US "democracy" operates.

The trends do not make me optimistic that our political representatives and governmental entities can or will ever be more focused on the public interests rather than serving the ever-concentrating wealth and power of our oligarchs and their de facto monopolies (not a D/R difference there)

Starting with measures that eliminate "money as free speech" and "corruption only means proven quid pro quo"

and that allow us to break free of in-effect only having two parties.

Ironically, I left At&t Wireless back in 2012 or 2013 and received the email about the possible data breach. Seems irresponsible for a company to retain my data for that long. When I worked for a large grocery store chain corporate office in NY, the main office only had to retain hard copies of documents for about 7 years before shredding them at that time.

Got an email from Experian that my SSN was in the AT&T data breach... I haven't been an AT&T customer for 13 years. It's ridiculous that we let these companies keep our sensitive info indefinitely.

And just think they’re talking about making everyone provide checking account number or debit card number to keep autopay discount smh.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

And just think they’re talking about making everyone provide checking account number or debit card number to keep autopay discount smh.

That, also, has already happened.

That’s if you were paying with a checking account or debit card back in 2019? Isn’t that when the breach took place?
That's true.

But other poster was saying AT&T was talking about making everyone use debit or checking to keep autopay. As of October 2023, that's been required to keep the full autopay discount. So "next time," there will be even more people impacted more severely.

That's true.

But other poster was saying AT&T was talking about making everyone use debit or checking to keep autopay. As of October 2023, that's been required to keep the full autopay discount. So "next time," there will be even more people impacted more severely.

If there is a next time, I think I’m just gonna jump to visible and be done. I really hope AT&T gets there **** together and make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Make a Cash App account and get the Cash App debit card. Just pull what you need from your regular checking account when you pay.

Or just use a secondary checking account but you don't get overdraft/NSF fees with Cash App as it's more like a prepaid account so it's safer from a fraud perspective.

Make a Cash App account and get the Cash App debit card. Just pull what you need from your regular checking account when you pay.

Or just use a secondary checking account but you don't get overdraft/NSF fees with Cash App as it's more like a prepaid account so it's safer from a fraud perspective.
So, instead of trusting AT&T with your banking info, you trust Cash App.

CashApp is as bad as TF and FP as a fintech, bottom of the barrel.

There are literally hundreds of much more ethical and reliable FIs that are themselves real banks and CUs you could use for that purpose.

If you want to play with fintechs instead, then apps like Revolut, Dave, Lili, Chime, Serve, Sofi are all 100x better than CashApp

Back