AT&T Turbo Add-on?

I know this is anecdotal, but Sneed did a test with it turned on and with it off. And it’s a pretty big difference. Makes me wonder if AT&T is slowing QCI 8 customers even more than the norm?

It's more likely simply the fact that all the previous QCI 7 elites, are now QCI8, and only people who added turbo are now QCI7.

In reality, there isn't likely to be that many turbo addon subscribers.

It's more likely simply the fact that all the previous QCI 7 elites, are now QCI8, and only people who added turbo are now QCI7.

In reality, there isn't likely to be that many turbo addon subscribers.

I have no desire to turn it on. Speeds are still pretty good on QCI 8.

if ATT reports how many signup for turbo, which they may not do we will finally get a sense of how people are willing to pay extra for higher priority. i am guessing it will be a very small number.

the carriers have talked a lot about how large number have been willing to pay but what they don't mention is the way to get higher priority involved signing up for rate plans that had more generous handset promotions as well. i'm guessing the handset deals have been the factor far more often than the higher priority.

yes 99.99% of customers are not even aware that priority exists as an issue

1cc97a51ebb675aa6dffbd5c7f9c77ee.jpg

Taken on a very busy commercial strip on a very busy road. QCI 8. Why would I need turbo. I think I’ll keep my $7.

Last edited:
The whole reason I upgraded to the Unlimited Premium PL plan was for higher priority data.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Try Consumer Cellular

or Pure Talk and H2o Wireless

for a month

maybe save a bunch of money

Unless you **want** to pay more for the "turbo" option

Personally I doubt it will make a difference too often

Try Consumer Cellular

or Pure Talk and H2o Wireless

for a month

maybe save a bunch of money

Unless you **want** to pay more for the "turbo" option

Personally I doubt it will make a difference too often
I'm not condoning this guys usage. But he has a YT channel about network performance.

One line with 12TB of usage, yes you read that correctly. Against a line with minimal usage.

Guess which line performs better?

Carlos Tech YT ATT Turbo vs Non Turbo

60TB Turbo vs 13GB Non Turbo

Back