Battery Test : Tracfone Nokia 2760 Flip Phone

Ad Above Message List

tomseys

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TF/Verizon
Device(s)
iPhone SE 3, Samsung A53 iPhone SE 2, Samsung A51 Nokia 2760 Flip
I decided to test the battery life on my new Tracfone branded Nokia 2760 flip phone after suspecting that it might be decent.

One Hofo member had posted that With WIFI enabled, standby drains the battery on the Orbic Journey V in a day or so if I understood correctly.

That sounded unusually poor to me based on what i was generally seeing with the Nokia 2760 flip.

So, I wanted to see how many days the Nokia 2760 could last with a certain minimal usage (1 vm call and 1 browser load per day) and with Wi-Fi always on.

Before the test I applied these settings to the Nokia 2760 and they remained that way throughout:

1). Wi-Fi: always on
2). Mobile Data: off (very brief exception to send an MMS)
3). Geolocation (GPS): off
4). Bluetooth: off
5). Screen brightness: 70%

Phone remained at home during the test.

I decided to give the phone something to do during the test so I called the VM and launched the internet browser for 5 seconds to load the TF home page one time each day.

My usage of the phone during the test was as follows:

1). I made 8 calls to the VM (split over 7 days). I used #1 speed dial with pw pre-included.
I had no messages. Did extra one for image.

2) I did 8 - 5 second browser homepage resolutions (split over 7 days). This loaded a TF home page. I did one extra one to confirm I didn't leave it running in background.

3). The phone did two KaiOS app updates for Google maps and gave a notification about a radio app during the test. This happened automatically.

4) I received one promotional text from TF.

5) I took two indoor pictures with the 5 megapixel camera. At near the end of the test, I enabled mobile data and MMS'ed a pic to my iPhone. I turned the mobile data off and the battery was still at 9%. At that point I charged the phone.

6) I spent perhaps 20 minutes or so on screen independent of the above checking settings, taking pictures of it with my iPhone, checking the battery level earlier out of curiousity sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Initially I wanted to avoid this unnecessary on screen time but I got more comfortable with doing this as time went on since the battery didn't seem to be very affected by it.

Results Summary:

The Nokia 2760 battery lasted 7 full days with 9% of battery life left at conclusion of test.

Specifics:

Day 0 - phone is completely charged at 11:25 pm Monday night on 5/13/24
Day 1 - 24 hours later at 11:25 pm battery is at approximately 88% (85% 6 hours later)
Day 2 - 74%
Day 3 - 62%
Day 4 - 50%
Day 5 - 39%
Day 6 - 25%
Day 7 - 9%

Some images from the test:

This is day zero. 100% battery life. The "1" references a notification which informs that the battery has charged.

day zero.JPEG

This is day one.. 24 hours later. I'm guessing that it was at 88% at this time. I checked the battery percentage 6 hours later and it showed 85%.

day 1.jpg ....... day 1 percentage.JPG

This is day 6 (6 full days):

day 6.JPEG......... day 6 too.JPEG

Day 7 ... the battery kinda lost the plot during this last 24 hours.... but, to its credit, it held strong

IMG_0611.JPEG........ battery.JPEG

Near the end of the test I turned on the mobile data and did a quick MMS to send a pic to my iPhone. Then I turned it off. It was no biggie. Still at 9%.

IMG_0615.JPEG

Comments:

This phone reminds me of the old relatively tiny 2G/3G flips which might have gotten a week of battery life with light usage. Except this phone is bigger and connects to a 4G LTE network and has active Wi-Fi connection with an app store and it uses a 1450 mAh battery.

Additional:

This is a picture snapped with the 5 megapixel camera on the Nokia 2760 phone. It was taken indoors in relatively poor lighting conditions at night during the test. At near the end of the test, I MMS'ed it to my iphone, and then downloaded it to my computer, after which I uploaded it for this post.

IMG_0003.JPG

Interesting/Odd:

I activated this Nokia 2760 flip phone on TF as a new line and with a little bit of work was able to snag a 4000 point AAL that is being offered by TF as part of a May mothers day promotion - an apparently rare accomplishment judging by forum comments.. A special shout out of thanks to the competent and fast working TF corporate office rep who manually added the AAL to my acccount when the AAL didn't show up automatically.

Overall thoughts:

I like this flip phone. I think I'm going to keep it active along with my 2 iPhones. I'm finding that it is good to have an extra number ouside of the established ones and i like that if needed this phone may not need to be charged so frequenlty especially with light usage.

And that's it.

IMG_0618 (1).JPEG

(it charged up to 100% by 2:09 am)

Last edited:
If you want to add your password to the voicemail speed dial so it automatically dials it everytime, you can do this:

On the center key, press the right side of it. This brings up contacts. Then press Settings on bottom right. Head down to and press "Set Speed Dial contacts".

It will show a list of speed dial numbers. The first one is the TF/Verizon Voicemail number. It should already be selected.

Press Edit on bottom right. You will see *86 there. Lets assume your password is 7798.

We are going to change *86 to this: *86,7798# .

This instructs it to dial the voicemail, pause a second, enter the password plus the pound sign.

So now you only have *86. Press the star key on the keypad. This is going to bring up a character menu and from this we will get all the symbols including the pound sign. First select the comma. You can use one or two of them. I usually use just one.

Then put your password using the keypad.

Then press the star on the phone keypad again and choose the # sign there.

Then press save on bottom right and now you can test it.

Go to the home screen, and press and hold 1 for a second. The vm dials and asks to please enter you password and press pound. It happens automatically and tells you if you have messages. You can also add it as a contact.

IMG_0622.JPEG

The phone has a lock screen function. You can set it to keep snoops out or prevernt someone from using it if it gets lost.

It is in Settings/Privacy and Securiy/Screen lock. You can set a 4 digit passcode. It works fast.

IMG_0623.JPEG

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I took it outside and snapped a few quick pictures. Seem ok for a $20 flip phone camera.

newers.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

newest.jpg

newer.jpg

If you turn the phone horizontal and snap the shot, you can get a more horizontal shot. But you have to rotate the photo.

fruit.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Last edited:
If you have some pics on the phone and you want to get them off the phone, it seems there are three main ways you can do it.

From the Photo Gallery, you select share and then you have the option of MMS, Bluetooth or Email. I've tried MMS and email and with email if you put the email in a self contact it makes it much faster to send them this way.

With bluetooth, if you want to send them to Windows 10, you have to approve the computer to receive files, then it will go to Documents folder. Otherwise transfer will fail.

Capture.JPG

If you want to add contacts to the phone, you can go to contact settings and import contacts.

This gives an option of Gmail or Outlook.

You can also add contacts from another phone by enabling bluetooth on both phones and then transferring over.

new.JPG

I just added a few contacts manually since this won't be a main phone.

Last edited:
Just playing around with it, I manually exported my contacts on my TF Samsung A53 5G to my TF Nokia 2760 Flip.

Turn on bluetooth on both and pair. Then from manage contacts in contacts on A53, select export contacts.

This will save a .vcf file to the downloads folder in internal storage. From that file, share it to bluetooth and select N139DL.

This will export them over.

Click accept and then install them.

IMG_0624.JPEG

Works good.

If you sign up for a KaiOS account, you can remotely lock or wipe the Nokia 2760 online if lost or stolen.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the info. This seems like a good flip phone!

Thanks for the info. This seems like a good flip phone!

Yeah it surprised me. Pretty cool little flip phone.

Yeah it surprised me. Pretty cool little flip phone.
I might just need to get one. I could activate it with a transfer from one of my TF backup lines. We'll see...

Few more Nokia 2760 pics I took.

This church here in the pic below and the block around it was the main filming location for the movie A Bronx Tale.

A tale indeed since it wasn't filmed in the Bronx.

churchfar.jpg

The Realty place on the corner was the bar in the movie where Chazz Palminteri and his gang hung out.

realty.jpg

The film starred Robert De Niro (he also directed), Chazz Palminteri, and Lilo Brancato Jr, who also starred in the Sopranos and was later arrested and imprisoned for being involved in a cop killing.

churchclose.jpg

Fruits.

fruits.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a cool thing.

I learned how you can do screenshots on the Nokia 2760.

Here I was taking these horrible pics of the screen when I could have just screenshot them.

What you do is you go to the screen you want to take a shot of, and then press * and # at the same time. You will get a notification that you have taken a screenshot. It will be in the photo gallery.

Here are 3 screenshots I did of the home screen and the app screen and the battery percentage screen in settings/device.

2024-05-24-20-23-30.jpg ......... 2024-05-24-20-18-47.jpg ......... 2024-05-24-20-29-59.jpg

I don't think the screenshot function is officially documented in the user manual.

Last edited:
I don't think the screenshot function is officially documented in the user manual.

KaiOS actually has some tutorial videos and they have one about screenshots:

Thanks so much @tomseys for this very helpful post! I got this phone recently, and I like it. But I had a problem come up today that has me stumped: I am no longer able to answer calls. The phone rings, but when I open the lid or press the call button, it doesn't pick up the call. Just keeps ringing. Weird! Any thoughts?

Thanks so much @tomseys for this very helpful post! I got this phone recently, and I like it. But I had a problem come up today that has me stumped: I am no longer able to answer calls. The phone rings, but when I open the lid or press the call button, it doesn't pick up the call. Just keeps ringing. Weird! Any thoughts?

It not answering when you lift the lid sound like Settings -> Personalization -> lid - > Flip open to answer is set to off

But it should answer pressing the call key or left soft key. Not sure.

Maybe restart the phone.

Do you see this when you get a call and flip the lid up with it not answering?

2024-06-03-13-19-05.png

If so, this indicates the flip open to answer is likely set to off.

Last edited:
Also, can you make calls?

Make sure you have voice minutes in the talk bucket.

Last edited:
I had all the settings right, but I did restart it. That seems to have worked. Guess I should have tried that obvious fix first off. Ha! Hopefully it was just a fluke and won't happen again, and sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner. Thanks so much for your help!

I had all the settings right, but I did restart it. That seems to have worked. Guess I should have tried that obvious fix first off. Ha! Hopefully it was just a fluke and won't happen again, and sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner. Thanks so much for your help!

No worries. Yeah restart often fixes a lot of problems. Hopefully your phone will now work like normal.

Quick questions......Does this flip phone have wifi calling (reception not the best at our house) and does it do group text? If it does this is my perfect flip phone.

Quick questions......Does this flip phone have wifi calling (reception not the best at our house) and does it do group text? If it does this is my perfect flip phone.

I think it does have Wi-Fi calling but not with TF/Verizon. It might have it with TF/T-mobile but otherwise I think it has to be unlocked and used with a different service provider for the Wi-fi calling to show and work on the phone.

I think it can do group messages since it has a setting for it:

2024-06-17-16-13-14.png

It states you have to provide your phone number for group messages.

Back