Bell Bell actually competitive

Techguy12

Here's the thing my sister a student called Bell to see what they could offer her. They offered her unlimited internet fibe 25 fine TV with free PVR and the select package and basic home phone and movie network free for 2 months for $96 on a one year term. The lady even said to call retention next year to get the same deal again. Rogers wants $120 for a similar package (100mb internet but only extra basic cable package) she took the bell offer))

Just watch for price creep

Rogers has new TV/Internet plans that are actually competitive too. I wonder what is the catch.

Rogers for TV/Inet is

$95.47
225+ Channels, 30Mbps, 125GB Usage
$139
280+ Channels, 100Mbps, Unlimited
$152
315+ Channels, 100Mbps, Unlimited

Cheaper if for first 3 months if you get 2yr term.

These are normal "in market plans". They probably have cheaper "student" plans.

Now that Bell has eliminated the BYOD discount - still competitive?

The title is - "Bell actually competitive". I asked about their competitiveness now after a system-wide increase in price.

Surprising yes my sister pays $96 for the select package unlimited fibe 25 internet and basic home phone. The TV and home phone are a 2 year contract internet 1 year contract. For cell she has Rogers but the rep offered her a her a Saskatchewan plan she declined though.

Surprising yes my sister pays $96 for the select package unlimited fibe 25 internet and basic home phone. The TV and home phone are a 2 year contract internet 1 year contract. For cell she has Rogers but the rep offered her a her a Saskatchewan plan she declined though.

$96 for fibe 25 and basic home phone = competitive?

I though below $75 was competitive for these services (and I'm in Ottawa).

Back