boom! Mobile

No, I did not get any emails from Boom about this makeover. The first I knew was when I went to renew this morning.

No, I did not get any emails from Boom about this makeover. The first I knew was when I went to renew this morning.
I found those 4 identical messages after I logged into another account I have for a different number that I manage for someone else (with a normal Gmail address so I was able to login). There is a notification area inside the portal.
They were full of HTML, identical, two sent the 17th and two the 18th. That's the message I copied to my post.
If you get a moment perhaps you could login and double check and see if you have that message. Or maybe it was random testing on their part. That line is on "Purple" so maybe that's the difference. Once I can log in I will be curious to see if I have any messages.
Ah, Boom! Mobile, always interesting.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using HoFo mobile app

I found those 4 identical messages after I logged into another account I have for a different number that I manage for someone else (with a normal Gmail address so I was able to login). There is a notification area inside the portal.
They were full of HTML, identical, two sent the 17th and two the 18th. That's the message I copied to my post.
If you get a moment perhaps you could login and double check and see if you have that message.................
Ah, Boom! Mobile, always interesting.

Packerfan, Yes, I just logged in and found those 4 messages in my notifications. It looks like goobledegook to me! I hope they keep working on their new web site cause it only looks half done to me.

Packerfan, Yes, I just logged in and found those 4 messages in my notifications. It looks like goobledegook to me! I hope they keep working on their new web site cause it only looks half done to me.
I'm not sure it's even half done! Hopefully worth it in the end. I'm looking forward to the new plan options. I'd like to avoid porting. It always seems to involve me calling in or chatting online with both carriers to straighten out odd things.
Committing to a year isn't a big deal to me. Time flies.

Sent from my SM-T500 using HoFo mobile app

I logged onto my account and got the new portal ... it is kind of interesting, and I really wish they'd get the usage meter fixed ... and I found the message in my messages.

I'm wondering if the $30 monthly/$360 annually plan that's coming is the "out the door" price or are they going to tack on the $2.99 monthly regulatory fee I get assessed now. And I wonder about any hotspot limits/restrictions?

I don't port often because I don't like change, and Boom just seems to "work" although I thought long and hard about looking elsewhere after the AT&T mess (I've never been as satisfied as I was on Boom Blue). And the 25G plan is what I have now and at $30 that would be a $9.99 monthly reduction from what I'm paying now.

But I'm really, really, really looking very strongly at US Mobile, more bang for the buck and QCI-8 on unlimited which is what I'm looking at.

Logged in as well, same four messages sitting there in their new UI. AFAIK haven't received the announcement emails in my regular email account. Date/time stamps on the four:
8/17/23, 3:27 PM
8/18/23, 3:01 PM
8/18/23, 3:01 PM
8/17/23, 3:27 PM

The "Plan History" is borked. Only shows the last four months, with all four months listed as "unpaid". Yet my Credit Card is set to auto pay and has been charged each of the last four months.

Here is the "announcement email" cleaned up and readable:

We're excited to announce that we've just launched a brand-new customer portal! These updates will make it easier than ever for you to manage your account, track your usage, and get the most out of your boom! MOBILE service.

Here are some of the key features of the new customer portal:

• A more intuitive and user-friendly interface: The new portal is designed to be easier to navigate and use. You'll find everything you need in one place, from your account information to your billing history.
• Enhanced self-service capabilities: You'll be able to do more on your own, such as view your data usage, make changes to your plan, and troubleshoot problems.
• Improved communication: We'll keep you up to date on your account status and any important news or announcements.
• Checking data: You'll be able to see how much data you've used, how much data you have left, and when your billing cycle ends.
• A New boom! app that will make it even easier to manage your account on the go. The app will let you check your data usage, view your account history, and make changes to your plan. We'll keep you updated on the release date.
• A New loyalty program will be launching in the fourth quarter of this year.
• New boom! Plans. 4 new yearly plans for boom Red & Purple that offer more data and features at a lower price.

Red & Purple:

$5 per month - $60 paid annually - 500 mins, 500 text, 500MB data with e-sim available - 500MB of data every 30 days.

$15 per month - $180 paid annually - Unlimited mins/text/data and e-sim available.
5GB of High-Speed Data every 30 days - then throttled to slower speeds.

$20 Per month - $240 paid annually - Unlimited mins/text/data and e-sim available.
10GB of High-Speed Data every 30 days - then throttled to slower speeds.

$30 Per month - $360 paid annually - Unlimited mins/text/data and e-sim available.
25GB of High-Speed Data every 30 days - then throttled to slower speeds.

Some customers will need to re-add their payment information or re-enable autopay. The best way to do this is to delete the current payment profile and then re-add the card you want to use. You can update your payment information quickly and easily by logging in to your online account at Myaccount.boom.us If you need help, our customer service team is available by phone 800-767-5599, email: Support@boom.us, or live chat.

We're confident that you'll love the new customer portal.

We appreciate your continued business.​

Bennor-A much nicer job in the cleanup than I did in that separate post I did.
PWR94,, we have similar thoughts, I was thinking of AT&T prepaid or USMobile.
But I really like the idea of supporting a company that still has US support. At least I think boom support is still in Oklahoma!

Last edited:
Bennor-A much nicer job in the cleanup than I did in that separate post I did.
PWR94,, we have similar thoughts, I was thinking of AT&T prepaid or USMobile.
But I really like the idea of supporting a company that still has US support. At least I think boom support is still in Oklahoma!

I know but 50 gigs of QCI-8 data for the same price as 25 gigs of QCI-9 data is pretty darn tempting, and I have heard good things about US Mobile’s customer service even though it’s offshored.

I know but 50 gigs of QCI-8 data for the same price as 25 gigs of QCI-9 data is pretty darn tempting, and I have heard good things about US Mobile’s customer service even though it’s offshored.
Yup. Tempting. They do a good job I hear. And they are hinting at possibly getting at&t.

But I'm really, really, really looking very strongly at US Mobile, more bang for the buck and QCI-8 on unlimited which is what I'm looking at.

I've been on US Mobile for a year and they are amazing. Their app and web page is the best in the cell service world. You won't regret going with them. I was on Boom for a month or two, went back to Selectel and now USM. This one is a keeper!

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using HoFo mobile app

Did anyone else get a message in the new portal saying "Your Boom yearly plan runs out on (x date)?" I did, but I don't have a yearly plan, I have a monthly autopay. I did a chat with them and they had no clue why I got the message, that I was paid up. All I know is that if I don't have any service in three days (which is when my "yearly plan" is supposed to "run out"), I'm going to be quite angry.

There's another bothersome thing about the new portal. In the previous portal, they had a place where it gave you a running list of when your credit card had been charged for a renewal. That was valuable to me, because my employer reimburses me for my cellular use and that allowed me to print out a "receipt" to turn in. Apparently that feature has disappeared and may or may not return depending on their web developer (according to the representative I chatted with, who was very cordial and tried his best to help). I guess I can use a credit card statement as a receipt but that's a problematic hoop to jump through.

Mizwiz does US Mobile have something like that on their website?

I'm really about ready to take the plunge and move on, probably to US Mobile ... Boom's service has, so far, been bulletproof and I like the support, but the Boom Blue snafu is still a lingering sore spot with me, they've really not gotten with the program like others have in the MVNO market as far as premium data availabilty and bang for the buck pricing, and although they certainly have the right in the free market to expand their business and their bank account, I'm a bit troubled by their apparent branching out into other directions because I'm wondering if the MVNO will become a lower priority.

Mizwiz does US Mobile have something like that on their website?

I'll show you my last invoice. I deleted my personal address but it shows on the real one.

View attachment USM Invoice.pdf

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using HoFo mobile app

I don't know if you were able to see my attachment or not, but the answer is yes, you can get an invoice on the app.

My invoice is before the new plans that they recently instituted. Now my plan has 6GB and taxes and recovery fee is included so I pay $26/mo. for 2 lines and the data is shared between us.

Last edited:
I have four messages in my portal saying my year plan ends 08/27/2023. But my plan, which was renewed today, indicates the proper end date of 09/23.
Their web developer seems pretty amateur hour. Which is too bad for a company whose owner wants to be a frontrunner in tech.
They gave me a temporary password which I can't change. The button is there and looks like I can enter a new password but the save button is inoperative. Previously the password button didn't work at all. Sheesh. They acknowledge there is work to be done. But wow, why release this if it isn't ready?
Confidence slipping. USMobile looking better....

I have four messages in my portal saying my year plan ends 08/27/2023. But my plan, which was renewed today, indicates the proper end date of 09/23.
Their web developer seems pretty amateur hour. Which is too bad for a company whose owner wants to be a frontrunner in tech.
They gave me a temporary password which I can't change. The button is there and looks like I can enter a new password but the save button is inoperative. Previously the password button didn't work at all. Sheesh. They acknowledge there is work to be done. But wow, why release this if it isn't ready?
Confidence slipping. USMobile looking better....

If my plan had not just renewed I probably would be gone, although US Mobile is giving you 45 days free to sign up.

Again, I have zero issues with Boom’s service but things are stacking up a bit again that make me uneasy about them, and as noted 50 gigs of QCI-8 data for $9.99 less than I am paying now for 25 gigs of QCI-9 data is looking more and more like an absolute no brainer.

And this morning I received an email from boom that was the info from the notification in the.customer portal. As of last night when I looked the portal still wasn't ready for prime time.

Just checked

Yes got the same "your yearly plan is ending" alert in the MyBoom account UI even though I don't have a yearly plan, pay by month instead (RUTTD2GB plan). :rolleyes: There were four of those messages there on top of the other four Announcement Email notices. And just got the actual email announcement in my email box around 9:40am EST (US) today.

While there isn't an obvious menu item for one's current and past payment history, there is a Payment History one can look at by selecting Accounts > the icon under Action. On the page that shows usage details look down the page to Plan History and click it. A Plan History dialog box opens and should show some of the plan history. In my case it shows the last four months as unpaid. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• BoomMobilePlanHistory.jpg
    BoomMobilePlanHistory.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 220
Back