Callingmart Down/not working

phonemeister

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Tracfone, Verizon Prepaid, H2O
Device(s)
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Google Pixel 4A and 4A 5G
I cannot get the Thanksgiving promo code page to load -- I can't even get the Callingmart website to load. I've tried Chrome and Edge, no luck. Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this?

I cannot get the Thanksgiving promo code page to load -- I can't even get the Callingmart website to load. I've tried Chrome and Edge, no luck. Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this?

Callingmart's domain registration expired yesterday. Either somebody dropped the ball or they're out of business. Probably the former.

^^Wow.. Way to go admin! You'd think they'd be on top of this given it's one of their busiest times of the year.

Since switching to redpocket annual plans this whole pin nonsense has been a forgotten thought going on a number of years now. Ironically I still get the regular holiday promo emails multiple times a year.

Last marketing/promo emails from CM was 11/18/2022 about Veterans Day Sale -
In honor and remembrance of all the men and women who served our country, we salute you. Happy Veterans Day!
Promo begins November 05, 2022 until November 22, 2022.

15 years ago, maybe 10 years ... my periodic refills went mostly thru CM, then between T-Mobile PAYG and them, surcharges & fees began to take a bit each time, got annoying ... moved away from and they're also "partnering" with fewer carriers as listed on their sites, so pretty much been off my radar. Their website is still down, checked on my end as well ... maybe, somebody on their end need to reboot their server & get that domain renewed. MNVO nowadays running their own online stores & selling directly and indirectly via eBay, not easy for these virtual storefront "agents" to sustain their business & make a living. Sigh !

P.S. Looking at other posts, quite possibly / highly likely ?? that CM is done, out of business & shut down ... Fewer emails getting thru the spam filters.

Last edited:
Maybe somebody registered the domain & is asking for a hefty payment.

I called the 800 number and someone actually answered they did verify there was a technical issue with the website and they were looking to get it resolved as soon as possible, when I asked her if they had closed for business they assured me that they weren't I figured if they were shut down for business nobody would have answered. I also got the Thanksgiving promo code in my email last Wednesday for the 5% off which was THX225

I don't use them but ran across this as I was scrolling through posts. It seems to me that this being Thanksgiving weekend in the US it is going to make it take longer to resolve because of the number of people off for the holiday.

Well, I lost service - my prepaid didn't renew as it is set to automatically do a few days before the prepaid payment is due

I found out by getting a text message that I couldn't get a text message that was being sent to me
Verizon didn't even notify me that my service was off!

So, I had to go online to Verizon and pay the full fee plus taxes and fees - and thankful I was able to do that because with 2-factor authentication and card companies increasing desire to verify by the phone number that no longer works..... Well, Callingmart, I've used you for years, but this is really inexcusable

It's alive!!!!!!!

Seriously, don't they have after hours IT monitoring their site....

With the razor thin margins that these guys are making on reselling pins it probably would have cost them a fortune to get this fixed over the holiday weekend, I'm just glad they're back online

^^No way... Domain registrars usually send out notifications at least 30 days prior to renewal.

This is a business, someone should have been on top of this 6 months ago.

Edit: Or maybe they should select the autorenew option...

https://www.whois.com/whois/callingmart.com

Domain:
callingmart.com
Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registered On:
2006-11-23
Expires On:
2023-11-23
Updated On:
2022-11-28

Anyone with more than .05% brain would have extended it by 2-5 years (10 years is max permissible). I have my own domain too, use it mainly for email and some light file sharing. My expiry date is quite in the future. Have a reminder set for apr 2031.

UTpL27Q.png

^^No way... Domain registrars usually send out notifications at least 30 days prior to renewal.

Anyone with more than .05% brain would have extended it by 2-5 years (10 years is max permissible). I have my own domain too, use it mainly for email and some light file sharing. My expiry date is quite in the future. Have a reminder set for apr 2031.

UTpL27Q.png

Good point I'm just glad to have them back online, while they were down I had to use pinzoo on one order and they messed that up royally

UTpL27Q.png

Good point I'm just glad to have them back online, while they were down I had to use pinzoo on one order and they messed that up royally

Seems that they're not over the problems they were having with the site. I just attempted to purchase a $100 AT&T PIN number, but when I click on "Buy Now" next to it after selecting the $100 option, I get a "runtime error" screen.

EDIT:
I just went ahead and created a Target.com account and placed my order there. The total cost was $95, which I believe is $4 less than what callingmart charged. So I guess I'm done with calling Mart from now on.

Last edited:
Seems that they're not over the problems they were having with the site. I just attempted to purchase a $100 AT&T PIN number, but when I click on "Buy Now" next to it after selecting the $100 option, I get a "runtime error" screen.

EDIT:
I just went ahead and created a Target.com account and placed my order there. The total cost was $95, which I believe is $4 less than what callingmart charged. So I guess I'm done with calling Mart from now on.[/QUOT

I can't login to any of the 3 Callingmart accounts that we have.

The $95 for a $100 refill at Target was because they're running the $5 off $50 sale this week.

If you're interested, for future purchases during the Target $5 off $50 sales, you can purchase in $50 increments, and save $5 off each $50.

Also, you can save an additional 5% if you pay with a Target Red Card, either credit or debit. That way, each $50 refill will be $42.75, which is a pretty nice savings.

($50-$5=$45-5%=$42.75)

Interestingly, I CAN still log into my CallingMart account, even though my last purchase was 08/12/16, from back when my wife was using Ultra Mobile. My account even shows I still have 60 points available to use!

Back