Chatr Retentions

canadian_kool

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
Device(s)
Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
With the 20% increase in service charges for Chatr's most loyal and long term customers, I need to crunch some numbers and try to decide if it's worth staying with Chatr anymore.

Has anyone talked to their retention team? Are they helpful at all? Did you do the usual, "I want to cancel" and they transfer you, or is there a direct line?

On that note, has anyone managed to get Public or even Freedom to match a Chatr plan?

I like having a mobile plan that includes 20gb of data, but the speed cap and geographic restrictions may not be good enough to pay 20% more...

On that note, has anyone managed to get Public or even Freedom to match a Chatr plan?

Public doesn't have customer service. What you see is what you get, assuming that their backend/system/billing is working properly and hasn't glitched out.

Public doesn't have customer service. What you see is what you get, assuming that their backend/system/billing is working properly and hasn't glitched out.

Glitches are not always bad
I had an account keep getting positive credits
Had no phone bill for like 9 months

And this is NOT from rewards

I wonder if Chatr will offer anything to compete with their parent post-$60-for-10gb?

I know we pay the same $60 for 20gb, but there is a big difference in QOS for Rogers LTE and Chatr throttled 3G.

I keep thinking that I should call and try to speak to retentions, but I never can find enough time.

I wonder if Chatr will offer anything to compete with their parent post-$60-for-10gb?

I know we pay the same $60 for 20gb, but there is a big difference in QOS for Rogers LTE and Chatr throttled 3G.[...]

Chatr has a $60/20GB plan? Or is this a legacy plan for Mobi customers?

Yes, indeed.

When on Mobilicity, this plan cost $45 (and some people had it for even less), then during the Chatr transition it went up by $5 to $50. Last fall (about year after transition), they raised it another $10... So $15 increase in about a year. I'm not sure what "great" surprises are coming next!

Back