Collecting Links/info/hacks of Razr for my pages....

Mark_Venture

New member
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Messages
14,267
Location
Wilmington, DE
Carrier(s)
Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
Device(s)
Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
Hi all,

With all the new Razr threads, I figured its time to assemble info and start adding info to my pages...

I hope to start on monday... So far I'm going to add info on...

USB Data cable. Uses "standard" USB A to Mini-B as used by many digital cameras, portable Mp3 players, portable external hard drives, etc... Local Availability at Radio Shack and Best Buy...

USB Driver. use
BVRP's DriverTool.zip..


Installing/configuring MPT with USB cable based on -> http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=6346441&postcount=3

Installing/configuring MPT via Bluetooth same steps I have for the V710/E815 on my pages also work with the V3C except you don't have to manually select the phone as a "M" like you did with the V710/E815...

Getting custom ringtones and pictures on the phone without MPT.. same email trick applies (however with different menu choices on the phone) as -> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=673967 but I'd like someone to give me the EXACT menu/button presses on the V3C if possible...

Info on setting up BitPim... appears to be the same as the V710/E815 info I have...

What else needs to go there??
 
Parafly9 said:
where do you get MPT?
While available for download on some web sites, MPT is NOT FREEWARE. Its copyright software. To obtain a legal copy you must purchase it!

basically you can go to http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/v3/buy/eng/selector.htm and can get it for $29.99... Details on the software and what it can do are also found there... Additional info at -> http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/products/mobilephonetools/default.asp

Per the BVRP support staff in their forums..
You can use promotion code tech97 to get a 15% discount off of any software purchase from our website.
Or per Mark K (posted at -> http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=6340851&postcount=48)
promotion code = BVRPUS.
Then it will be $26.99
 
Last edited:
Mark_Venture said:
While available for download on some web sites, MPT is NOT FREEWARE. Its copyright software. To obtain a legal copy you must purchase it!

basically you can go to http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/v3/buy/eng/selector.htm and can get it for $29.99... Details on the software and what it can do are also found there... Additional info at -> http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/products/mobilephonetools/default.asp

Per the BVRP support staff in their forums.. Or per Mark K (posted at -> http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=6340851&postcount=48)

I used the promo code BVRPUS, and hte price was even lower, like $24.xx

This was today.
 
Do you NEED the MPT software to JUST charge the phone? I have been trying to get mine to just charge on my laptop with out the software. I guess you cant do that?
 
sixth said:
Do you NEED the MPT software to JUST charge the phone? I have been trying to get mine to just charge on my laptop with out the software. I guess you cant do that?


You just need the new drivers (which I believe are freeware) to charge
 
The new drivers are the BVRP drivers that are listed above correct? Thats really all i want to do right now. I will try those drivers and see what happens.
 
sixth said:
The new drivers are the BVRP drivers that are listed above correct? Thats really all i want to do right now. I will try those drivers and see what happens.
yes...

unplug the phone from the USB cable... use BVRP's driver tool... plug the phone back into the USB cable. Windows add new hardware wizard should search for, find then install the driver. The phone will be listed as Motorola USB Modem in device manager.

Now, to transfer files between the phone and PC, via cable you need MPT, if you want to do it via bluetooth use BT OBEX file transfers, or you can also use Bluetooth in MPT
 
Awesome stuff. How bout a guide to free WAP on the RAZR. I think i saw a thread somewhere with some of that info.
 
Mark_Venture said:
While available for download on some web sites, MPT is NOT FREEWARE. Its copyright software. To obtain a legal copy you must purchase it!

basically you can go to http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/v3/buy/eng/selector.htm and can get it for $29.99... Details on the software and what it can do are also found there... Additional info at -> http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/products/mobilephonetools/default.asp

Per the BVRP support staff in their forums.. Or per Mark K (posted at -> http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=6340851&postcount=48)

Or use them both and get it for $22.43 :2thumbs:
 
I bought MPT and it screwed up my phone or I did using it. It wouldnt boot up for awhile and now it wont get past searching for network screen. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?
 
clippers said:
I bought MPT and it screwed up my phone or I did using it. It wouldnt boot up for awhile and now it wont get past searching for network screen. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?
Sorry, but i doubt MPT screwed up your phone... it does not write to anyplace on the phone that can do damage.

Its probably just a coincidence that your phone stopped working near the time you used MPT.

You didn't try any "hacks" or using BitPim, or PST, or P2K? did you?
 
Any links you know of discussing the basics to seem editing would be nice.
 
Mark_Venture said:
Sorry, but i doubt MPT screwed up your phone... it does not write to anyplace on the phone that can do damage.

Its probably just a coincidence that your phone stopped working near the time you used MPT.

You didn't try any "hacks" or using BitPim, or PST, or P2K? did you?

No, I was syncing my outllok data with the phone and the phone stopped respodning. I unplugged it and it stopped booting up right. Is there any hard reset I cant try?
 
clippers said:
No, I was syncing my outllok data with the phone and the phone stopped respodning. I unplugged it and it stopped booting up right. Is there any hard reset I cant try?
there is no "reset switch" like on some PC's...

Have you tried pulling the battery... wait about 20 min... then put the battery back in?
 
gadgetpimp said:
Any links you know of discussing the basics to seem editing would be nice.
how about the walk thru on my V710/E815 pages?

But other than removing/replacing the "banners" I haven't seen too many seem edits that are real useful for the V3C yet...
 
I ordered MPT 3.28, do I need to install the bvrp driver when it gets here
or just use it without?
 
Back
Top