T-Mobile Connect Plans new website

Ad Above Message List
It's now March, the month where the $15 and $25 Connect plans are supposed to get their data limits raised another .5GB, to now 4GB. The account I have on Connect just started its March-April month, and yet the when signing on to this account, T-Mobile still lists the data limit as 3.5GB! I KNOW that last year this account had 3.5GB (up from 3GB) in this month, last year. Anyone else want to confirm this experience with their account?
Saw this ok Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/s/XdQCfHnpYA

ETA: Seems that the $15 and $25 plans will undergo their annual data cap boosts on March 25th. But the $15/month plan will actually have a 1.5 GB increase and go from 3.5 GB to 5 GB (beyond the 0.5 GB increase upwards to 4.0 GB that was expected). And the $25/month plan will go from 6.5 GB to 8 GB.

Last edited:
Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
Saw this ok Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/s/XdQCfHnpYA

ETA: Seems that the $15 and $25 plans will undergo their annual data cap boosts on March 25th. But the $15/month plan will actually have a 1.5 GB increase and go from 3.5 GB to 5 GB (beyond the 0.5 GB increase upwards to 4.0 GB that was expected). And the $25/month plan will go from 6.5 GB to 8 GB.

That is SHOCKING! Wonder if competition from MVNO's is leading them to do this. I had pointed out how there was hardly any info on the plan on the website, but it might have been that they were keeping wraps on the website until these plan changes were announced. Now we have a nice new shiny complete page, listing all the plan options. https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/connect

As far as timing, I checked the T-mobile website, for my account, late last night, and the data limit was still 3.5MB. I just checked now and it is 5.0GB, so this data quota change was made overnight!

For those that 5GB of data is sufficient, this might be the best value plan, especially since you can buy refill cards at a 10% discount once a quarter from Target. What other major reputable reliable provider has 5GB/month for around $13.50?

I wonder if there will be any data increase next year, as in effect they went even beyond the quota increase scheduled for March 2025. And the real question is in March 2026, when it is certainly possible they end the Connect plans altogether. But until then, this is great news.

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be any data increase next year, as in effect they went even beyond the quota increase scheduled for March 2025. And the real question is in March 2026, when it is certainly possible they end the Connect plans altogether. But until then, this is great news.
I was reading the FAQs from the website. They said this data increase plus a bonus amount satisfied the yearly agreement. There will be no further yearly increases. They also said that there will be an option to add more data if you run out, but the details have not been finalized yet. There is also going to be a $5 add-on for talk and text (only) roaming in Canada and Mexico.

I decided to move my old PayGo plan (with large balance) over to the $15 Connect plan, last week. I'm glad I did, I wasn't really ever having any use for the no data PayGo plan, anyway.

$15 plan is the only one with value. For $25 or $35 you can get unlimited data elsewhere.

$15 plan is the only one with value. For $25 or $35 you can get unlimited data elsewhere.

Depends on how much you value the fact the Connect plans have priority data.

A much less important factor on TMO's network.

Personally I think VZW's the only one where Depri really matters, outside of stadium-like contexts

A much less important factor on TMO's network.

Personally I think VZW's the only one where Depri really matters, outside of stadium-like contexts

I've seen many people complain about unusable service on deprioritized T-Mobile, particularly when they're using LTE only devices, so it's YMMV like always.

Yes I've experienced issues like that while on TMO LTE-only

They are the one provider where I **strongly** reco people go to 5G devices

IMO procrastinating that move is still OK for the other two

The big benefit of the Connect plans is that they have the same priority as premium postpaid plans. If you run into congestion you're much more likely to have working data with Connect as a result. I agree though, that for most people, Connect doesn't make sense since T-Mobile doesn't tend to suffer the crippling congestion the other two can unless you go to a major event.
This is why I never get “unlimited” plans. Had a bad experience on VZW with that. So I use their $35 15GB (with loyalty and auto pay) instead of their unlimited plans.

Good to know throttling is less likely with T Mobile but now they are the highest priced prepaid of all the carriers. Only 12GB for $35.

This is why I never get “unlimited” plans. Had a bad experience on VZW with that. So I use their $35 15GB (with loyalty and auto pay) instead of their unlimited plans.

Good to know throttling is less likely with T Mobile but now they are the highest priced prepaid of all the carriers. Only 12GB for $35.
Verizon deprioritizes all of their branded prepaid except Unlimited Plus (which gets 50GB of prioritized LTE/5G Nationwide and unlimited 5G UW priority) to last priority on the network though while T-Mobile offers priority data on all of their prepaid plans so they can't be directly compared. T-Mobile also has their Metro brand for those who are okay not having priority data (plus Metro is still ahead of hotspot, home internet, and heavy data users unlike Verizon) and they have a $30 ($25 with autopay) unlimited plan when you port your number.

T-Mobile and Verizon have actually been competing hard in prepaid, just with their flanker brands. Both Metro and Visible have totally unlimited deprioritized $25 plans while AT&T's cheapest unlimited on prepaid is $40 (but with a 3Mbps throttle for 30GB and then a further throttle to 1.5Mbps after that) on AT&T Prepaid.

Back