Cricket new iPhone port in promo: Get $200 off an iPhone 7, iPhone 8, or iPhone X

12thman

Device(s)
iPhone
If you missed the last iPhone $200 off deal, Cricket just brought back promo for iPhone 7, 8 and X. Get $200 off for switching.

Offer ends 9/6/18. Online only. Req’s svc activ. w/ qual. plan (min. $30/mo), port-in, and new svc line. First mo. svc charge & applicable sales tax due at sale. Excludes AT&T ports. While supplies last. Online only.

iPhone 7 32GB - $349.99, regular price $549.99
iPhone 7 Plus 32GB - $469.99, regular price $669.99

iPhone 8 64GB - $499.99, regular price $699.99
iPhone 8 256GB - $649.99, regular price $849.99
iPhone 8 Plus 64GB - $599.99, regular price $799.99
iPhone 8 Plus 256GB - $749.99, regular price $949.99

iPhone X 64GB - $799.99, regular price $999.99
iPhone X 256GB - $949.99, regular price $1149.99

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/smartphones

Why on earth would anyone buy a high-end phone to use on Cricket? The last thing you want to do is cheap out on service especially when its slow and throttled. A high-end phone deserves a premium network. AT&T isn't a tier 1 network.

Why on earth would anyone buy a high-end phone to use on Cricket? The last thing you want to do is cheap out on service especially when its slow and throttled. A high-end phone deserves a premium network. AT&T isn't a tier 1 network.

Lol for most 8mb/s is plenty. Unless you are one of those who likes to take lots of speed tests and brag about it. What can you not do (outside of quickly upload a HUGE file) on 8mb/s?

One can only port in a new discounted phone line every 90 days - correct?

Anyone recall how many weeks the last promotion ran for? I think is was extended beyond a month?

We got in on the last deal for a 8+ about 45 days ago and ported in a eBay T-mobile number and it went great, thanks to help from you guys.

My old 5s is finally on it's last leg. It's slowing down and the charge doesn't last that long. It's time lol

Last edited:
Lol for most 8mb/s is plenty. Unless you are one of those who likes to take lots of speed tests and brag about it. What can you not do (outside of quickly upload a HUGE file) on 8mb/s?
Oh don't feed the local troll he thinks that T-Mobile is the end-all-be-all of everything.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

One can only port in a new discounted phone line every 90 days - correct?

Anyone recall how many weeks the last promotion ran for? I think is was extended beyond a month?

We got in on the last deal for a 8+ about 45 days ago and ported in a eBay T-mobile number and it went great, thanks to help from you guys.

My old 5s is finally on it's last leg. It's slowing down and the charge doesn't last that long. It's time lol
are you thinking about upgrading an existing phone line to a different phone because that's a 90-day limit you can port in multiple numbers at the same time and get deals for every line

Oh don't feed the local troll he thinks that T-Mobile is the end-all-be-all of everything.

Makes sense. I do not frequent these all too often so didn't know they were one of those resident T-Mo sheep.

are you thinking about upgrading an existing phone line to a different phone because that's a 90-day limit you can port in multiple numbers at the same time and get deals for every line

Thanks for the reply. Well, I would have to port in a new line to get the iPhone discount, and I did just that about a month ago. I suppose I might just try it and see. Worst case I lose $5 for the eBay T-Mobile number.

I doubt if many users would notice the difference between being throttled at 8Mb/s LTE and AT&T's average LTE speed of 15.08 Mb/s or Verizon's average LTE speed of 20.56 Mb/s. T-Mobile is a little faster, but you give up vast amounts of coverage in exchange for that little extra speed, speed that few people would ever notice. But most people would definitely notice the huge amount of lost coverage they'd get if they moved to T-Mobile.

Most people would rather have a little slower LTE speed on a top tier network like AT&T or Verizon, then slightly faster LTE speed on a second tier network like T-Mobile or Sprint. T-Mobile makes a big deal about their slightly faster LTE speed in some markets, but it's because that's all they have to boast about. If Verizon and AT&T could churn as many customers per quarter as T-Mobile does then their LTE speed would be higher!

The reasons to buy a flagship phone extend way beyond LTE speed. It's screen size, storage space, camera quality, app performance, etc..

Last edited:
Which, if any, of these Cricket branded iphone models can be used on Verizon after they are unlocked by Cricket Wireless ?

Which, if any, of these Cricket branded iphone models can be used on Verizon after they are unlocked by Cricket Wireless ?

Will work on Verizon LTE only. No CDMA access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None. The 6s (A1633)/6s Plus (A1634) are the last AT&T iPhones that also had CDMA. Even if you were just doing VoLTE, and didn't care about CDMA, it's not clear whether or not Verizon would allow them on their network.

The Cricket/ATT variant of the iPhone SE would work on Verizon. It’s the same model for ATT/TMO/VZN (A1662).

None. The 6s (A1633)/6s Plus (A1634) are the last AT&T iPhones that also had CDMA. Even if you were just doing VoLTE, and didn't care about CDMA, it's not clear whether or not Verizon would allow them on their network.
Not entirely true. I received the A1660 iPhone 7 model straight from cricket during the last sale in April. It has all the bands. While there's no guarantee which model you will get, it is possible to get one from ATT/cricket that will work on Verizon. As a kicker, two weeks after activation, I did an unlock request with ATT and they unlocked it. No idea why.

Back