did verizon disable the ability to send mid ringtones?

cheeseballs

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Verizon
Device(s)
BB Bold 9650
recently i realized anytime i received a ringtone they were only in qcp format even if they originated from mid.anyone know whats going on?
has verizon done it again? :doh: :doh:

someone from a verizon phone MMS'ed me a ringtone that was in either mid or mp3 and it came to me as .qcp

it appears they did, I was getting MP3's before and now suddenly they're coming in as qcp. It makes me mad because I had gotten ringtones and then I had my phone replaced and can't get them back.

GuyinLACA said:
it appears they did, I was getting MP3's before and now suddenly they're coming in as qcp. It makes me mad because I had gotten ringtones and then I had my phone replaced and can't get them back.

me too that is how i realized.can we get around it

Well, you can load ringtones using the right software, but it's annoying for some and likely more time consuming.

I just tried sending a .mid file to my phone. When I got it and saved it as a ringtone, to my amazement it said MP3 file.
It was not converted to .mid, instead of it calling it a midi file, it calls it an mp3.

is this the end of free ringtones on verizon without messing with your phone?

are you kidding.. :( i just got a new phone cause my other was replaced and now i cant get my ringtones.. everytime i use mobile.17.com its fuzzy and stuff.. awful quality. it used to be crystal clear.

ghostmanonthird said:
are you kidding.. :( i just got a new phone cause my other was replaced and now i cant get my ringtones.. everytime i use mobile.17.com its fuzzy and stuff.. awful quality. it used to be crystal clear.
thats what they did

haha, that is the BEST. Why do you guys stay with Verizon it makes no sense?? They disable your phones, they tell you how to use your phone, now they tell you how to listen to your music. Just bend over and take anyway you can with them.

MrDumbDumb said:
haha, that is the BEST. Why do you guys stay with Verizon it makes no sense?? They disable your phones, they tell you how to use your phone, now they tell you how to listen to your music. Just bend over and take anyway you can with them.
BUT its worth the sacrifice for the service

I just sent myself a couple of ringtones.

I sent 3 .mid files. I recieved them on my phone as two qcp and one mid. The mid was smaller than 100 kb though. I think that 100 kb is the magic number. The other files were a little bit larger than that.

SleepyD said:
I sent 3 .mid files. I recieved them on my phone as two qcp and one mid. The mid was smaller than 100 kb though. I think that 100 kb is the magic number. The other files were a little bit larger than that.
i tried one at 80kb and it still came qcp :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Umm I figured it out...rename the file to ".midi" not ".mid" I have a U540 and it works

When I got my LG phone, I emailed myself two ringtones that I wanted from my old phone. No problem, but cost me $0.50 for both. Well, still cheaper than a can of coke from a vending machine.

yeah and if u have the New Select Plans...its free!!!

Back