Doing the 15 day trial.

FAUguy

22 Year HoFo Member!
Carrier(s)
AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
Device(s)
Samsung S22 Ultra 512GB, Note 10 Plus, Note 9, Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, V9m, VX8000
I have the S22 Ultra Unlocked model and I've been with ATT Prepaid for about 7 years. Never any issues with it, or the S22 Ultra I got a year ago until recently. Even before the ATT outage a couple weeks ago, I've been having data issues and not being able to send MMS picture messages.
Then ir may go seve days with no issues, and then it comes back again....like today. Data was not connecting, my Signal Check app kept showing the IP address dropping and changing every 20 seconds.
I saw a lot of outages on Down detector.

Looked at Visible, since I previously had Verizon Post Paid for 18 years. I saw they had a 15 day trial. I did that using the eSIM. Got it all set up to use the eSIM only (ATT SIM off) calls tested ok. Went to test data and was 2Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up. I know it's a free trial, but that is pretty bad.
I was thinking I would get the same speeds as the regular plan, not the Plus plan.

How does that model 5G RF bands compare to S24 VZW-specific model ?

The Depri in congested conditions can render Visible useless many times/hours per week, but that varies by location.

If that is the issue, getting UW is the only thing that helps, Plus only does for the first 50GB

I have the S22 Ultra Unlocked model and I've been with ATT Prepaid for about 7 years. Never any issues with it, or the S22 Ultra I got a year ago until recently. Even before the ATT outage a couple weeks ago, I've been having data issues and not being able to send MMS picture messages.
Then ir may go seve days with no issues, and then it comes back again....like today. Data was not connecting, my Signal Check app kept showing the IP address dropping and changing every 20 seconds.
I saw a lot of outages on Down detector.

Looked at Visible, since I previously had Verizon Post Paid for 18 years. I saw they had a 15 day trial. I did that using the eSIM. Got it all set up to use the eSIM only (ATT SIM off) calls tested ok. Went to test data and was 2Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up. I know it's a free trial, but that is pretty bad.
I was thinking I would get the same speeds as the regular plan, not the Plus plan.

What band are you connecting to, N5 or N66

When using the Visible eSIM with the trail, it was only connecting to LTE 1900. It wasn't connecting to any 5G bands such as N5, 66, 71, 77

I got my S22 Ultra Unlocked model 908U1 directly from Samsung. There is no hardware difference between carrier locked model and the unlocked models. They all support the same bands.

Support in hardware yes.

But iirc the ROM shipped can affect which are actually enabled or not.

I got my S22 Ultra Unlocked model 908U1 directly from Samsung. There is no hardware difference between carrier locked model and the unlocked models. They all support the same bands.

Unless it’s a misprint, Samsung doesn’t show N77 on their spec sheet.

Have you seen N77 on AT&T

8214a2478393f82e14a226d32cea6fe7.jpg

If in the places you go, the towers+your phone is limited to VZW's LTE only

AND those areas frequently suffer from congestion at times you want good bandwidth

then Visible is not a suitable daily driver

There is no hardware difference between carrier locked model and the unlocked models. They all support the same bands.

Unfortunately thats not correct, you can see that with Samsungs and pixels.

For instance, your 22 shows N77 on AT&T version.

You want a high end phone that just plain works with all bands,

iPhone.

Unfortunately thats not correct, you can see that with Samsungs and pixels.

For instance, your 22 shows N77 on AT&T version.

You want a high end phone that just plain works with all bands,

iPhone.

Pixels only differ in their mmWave support or lack thereof if they're US models. They do not customize for carriers otherwise.

Below are all the 5G bands on the S22 Ultra. The unlocled model means it's not carrier locked and doesn't have their specific firmware version. But on the couple of houses that I was trying Visible, it not once connected to a 5G band.
Then I did hour later the T-Moble 3 month free trial, and got the eSIM for it. The phone connection right away with their 5G n71 but have seen it bounce between several of them.

S22 Ultra

NR 5G
band 2 / 1900 MHz PCS (Americas)
band 5 / 850 MHz Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)
band 7 / 2600 MHz IMT-E (Canada, South America, Europe, Asia)
band 12 / 700 MHz Lower 700 (USA)
band 25 / 1900 MHz PCS+G (USA (T-Mobile))
band 30 / 2300 MHz WCS (Americas (AT&T))
band 38 / 2600 MHz IMT-E (Europe, Latin America, Asia)
band 41 / 2500 MHz BRS / EBS (USA (T-Mobile))
band 48 / 3600 MHz CBRS (USA)
band 66 / 1700 MHz AWS-3 (Americas)
band 71 / 600 MHz 600 (USA (T-Mobile))
band 77-A / 3450 MHz C-Band (DoD) (USA)
band 77-C / 3700 MHz C-Band (North America)
band 78 / 3500 MHz C-Band (global)
band 257 / 28 GHz mmWave (global)
band 258 / 26 GHz mmWave (global)
band 260 / 39 GHz mmWave (global)
band 261 / 28 GHz mmWave (North America)

Have you tried using the eSIM alone, without the AT&T SIM inserted at all?

Usually when you switch the physical SIMs, OneUI will change the relevant CSC to match the SIM used. I believe this doesn’t always happen when using the eSIM as a second SIM. That has been my experience with the carrier-sold S22 I have on Dish. When I change my physical SIM to my T-Mobile or Mobi (on Verizon) SIM, the phone changes the CSC and requires a restart.

You should be able to get NR bands with that device, possibly it is a matter of a provisioning issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, after the Visible eSIM was downloaded, I went into my settings and disabled the ATT SIM. The phone rebooted and then was only on Visible/Verizon with the phone number assigned to it. I was only getting connected to LTE 1900 with download speeds 2-3Mbps.

Yes, after the Visible eSIM was downloaded, I went into my settings and disabled the ATT SIM. The phone rebooted and then was only on Visible/Verizon with the phone number assigned to it. I was only getting connected to LTE 1900 with download speeds 2-3Mbps.

I don’t think disabling it in settings will change the carrier config much if the AT&T SIM is physical. That's been my experience. Having the Visible eSIM running alone (with no physical SIM inserted) after a full restart will provide a better idea if the issue persists.

Also, can we have a general idea of where you are located? It’s possible Verizon may not have enough n77 in your locale. As I and others mentioned elsewhere on here and Reddit, Verizon is depreciating 5G DSS (which was how most places received n2, n5 and n66) in many locations, forcing devices to end up on LTE.

I don’t think disabling it in settings will change the carrier config much if the AT&T SIM is physical. That's been my experience. Having the Visible eSIM running alone (with no physical SIM inserted) after a full restart will provide a better idea if the issue persists.

Also, can we have a general idea of where you are located? It’s possible Verizon may not have enough n77 in your locale. As I and others mentioned elsewhere on here and Reddit, Verizon is depreciating 5G DSS (which was how most places received n2, n5 and n66) in many locations, forcing devices to end up on LTE.

I am mainly in Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, FL.

But since it wasn't working on 5G, I removed the trial eSIM from the phone.
I don't see anyway to download it again via the Visible, it just shows that I have 14 days left.

I am mainly in Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, FL.
Verizon's map claims 5G UW coverage, however Cellmapper has conflicting reports in those areas. Hmm... interesting.

Back