Experiences with combining balances on Tracfone lines

Ad Above Message List
p.s. the agent will text an authentication code to the donor phone (sometimes to the receiving phone as well). The donor phone will also receive another text "Security Alert: We noticed you are trying to move your service to a new device. If this was you, no problem! If this wasn't you, login to your account and verify your information for unauthorized changes." If the receiving phone (the phone number you'd like to keep) got the alert text, put a stop to the process right away. The agent was trying to transfer the benefits from/to the wrong phones! It happened to me twice. One time I was able to stop it but the other time I was too late. Also be very clear that you want to combine/transfer benefits but not the phone number. (sometimes the chat agent would say it's not possible, so just end chat and try again. Before I knew this was a thing, an agent moved benefits and phone number, so I lost the number and benefits on the receiving phone.)

Well, right now the lines are under 2 different accounts, not much I can do about that. Or is it possible to combine the accounts first?

Not possible to combine accounts. Do you need to keep both accounts? You can move lines between accounts. (You'll have difficulty moving lines back to an account with only inactive devices left, but it maybe possible to move a line back to a completely empty account.)

Not possible to combine accounts. Do you need to keep both accounts? You can move lines between accounts. (You'll have difficulty moving lines back to an account with only inactive devices left, but it maybe possible to move a line back to a completely empty account.)

I have 2 accounts with 1 active line each that I'm trying to combine. Can I move 1 line from an account to the other? I guess that is what I meant by combining accounts. How?

As far as your P.S. above, yes, the agent verified both lines, everything was progressing well according to the script until we hit the bump so... you recommend trying again the combine process of 2 accounts tomorrow, or moving the lines under a single account first?

I always have lines that I want to combine in the same account. I log in to my account using PC browser, manage lines, device, then remove from account, enter the code you received on your phone (note if you have any inactive device in this account, you won't be able to add an active line back later; it's possible to reuse this account in the future if it's completely empty).
On the other account, manage lines, add a line, a code will be sent to the phone currently in the account, enter it, merge an existing line, enter the phone # to add to this account and verification code, line added. chat with TF to combine. After combining, one line becomes inactive.

I always have lines that I want to combine in the same account. I log in to my account using PC browser, manage lines, device, then remove from account, enter the code you received on your phone (note if you have any inactive device in this account, you won't be able to add an active line back later; it's possible to reuse this account in the future if it's completely empty).
On the other account, manage lines, add a line, a code will be sent to the phone currently in the account, enter it, merge an existing line, enter the phone # to add to this account and verification code, line added. chat with TF to combine. After combining, one line becomes inactive.

Thanks, I didn't know that lines can be moved between accounts like that. I'll try it. One last question on that: I'm assuming the donor account rewards are lost after moving the line from under it? TIA

Thanks, I didn't know that lines can be moved between accounts like that. I'll try it. One last question on that: I'm assuming the donor account rewards are lost after moving the line from under it? TIA

Not necessarily. If the account does not have any device, you may be able to move an active line back and use the points in the future. Today I moved an active line to an empty account inactive since September 2023. The points were kept in the account, plus additional 150 points (6-month bonus I think).

(note if you have any inactive device in this account, you won't be able to add an active line back later; it's possible to reuse this account in the future if it's completely empty)

Can you elaborate? This sounds really odd.

Can you elaborate? This sounds really odd.

Got an error (Code is not verified) when trying to add an active line to an account with an inactive device (no active line). A verification will be sent to the active line to be added if the account has no device (empty).

It used to work on older versions of the Android app, but it appears to have stopped working since about a week ago. Adding an active line to an empty account now also receives the Code is not Verified error, even after the code sent to phone is verified.

Got an error (Code is not verified) when trying to add an active line to an account with an inactive device (no active line). A verification will be sent to the active line to be added if the account has no device (empty).

Last edited:
After I combine and the 1 line has no balances, can I keep the same phone number and wait a few weeks or month and reactivate the same phone number with a new plan?

After I combine and the 1 line has no balances, can I keep the same phone number and wait a few weeks or month and reactivate the same phone number with a new plan?

You can probably do it as soon as the next day. You'll usually see the phone number on the no balance line as Inactive in your account. You just add any plan you want and it will kick back up.

Any recent datapoints of successful combines? I need to do one in the next couple of days, but dread something going wrong.

Yes, I successfully did one yesterday.
Agent Cherry was fantastic. She's already on my list of good agents. This is the third time I've worked with her.

Happy to report that my combine went well today. I was a little worried at first because there were some long pauses at the beginning of the chat. But once his tools were loaded, Keneth did it quickly, and I saw the balances update while still on the chat.

But once his tools were loaded, Kenneth did it quickly, and I saw the balances update while still on the chat.

Kenneth is good. He is on my list of good agents.

Although you have compiled a list of good agents, you can't request a specific agent, can you?

No. All you can do is politely disconnect, start a new chat, and hope for a better or preferred agent.

Back