Experiences with combining balances on Tracfone lines

Ad Above Message List
They may regularly change their screen names

or the system might be assigning them

Happy to report that my combine went well today. I was a little worried at first because there were some long pauses at the beginning of the chat. But once his tools were loaded, Keneth did it quickly, and I saw the balances update while still on the chat.
Combined two lines with Kenneth just now. 41 GB. 16279 minutes 18003 texts good thru 2025, anyone have higher balances? I have another line but don’t want to press my luck.

Combined two lines with Kenneth just now. 41 GB. 16279 minutes 18003 texts good thru 2025, anyone have higher balances? I have another line but don’t want to press my luck.
You got me beat on data, but I have twice the minutes and texts expiring 11/2026. Should be safe to keep combining.

I just did a combine. I hadn't done one in a year or so. They may have updated their systems because it was quick. The agent sent codes to both phones. As soon as I gave her the code from the second phone she told me the new ending balance of the phone I wanted to keep. I checked it on the 611611 text and it was updated. They usually say, give me a few moments to work on it.

I'm slowly whittling down my Tracfone active lines collection. I now only have 3 active TF phones, plus my active Safelink Lifeline phone. The Lifeline phone is my daily driver, a Samsung A51, it has 4.5GB of free data every month. I only use it for data with my GV number, I never call or text with the Lifeline phone number.

I have Phone A and Phone B, both Verizon BYOP. Phone A is on the $200 unlimited phone and text, 24GB plan. I have some left over service time and buckets from a previous PAYGO plan on Phone A, before I switched to unlimited. Phone B is PAYGO. Several agents told me that I coul not combine the benefits from Phone B into Phone A. I didn't understand their explanations, but could this be because Phone A is unlimited and Phone B is PAYGO? Thanks!

Several agents told me that I coul not combine the benefits from Phone B into Phone A. I didn't understand their explanations, but could this be because Phone A is unlimited and Phone B is PAYGO? Thanks!
That's likely the reason. When one line already has paygo and you add Unlimited (UL) plan to it, the paygo balances are set aside. I guess TF programming is not sophisticated enough to set aside the paygo balances of another line that's being combined into a line with UL plan.

i have done several combines recently and they been very fast, easy and free of issues each time. i prepare the detail ahead of time and copy and paste the a script into the chat box. agent will send a code to each phone and a few moment later announce success.

Seems there's a time period during which the donor phone cannot be re-activated with keeping another active line number. I had one phone 1 on line 1 combined to line 2 end of last month. After that, line 1 was obviously deactivated, and everything was moved to line 2, but the phone 1's network status showed it's still In Service, which wasn't an issue until I tried to re-activate this phone with keeping the number of another line 3 (phone 3). The re-activation appeared to be successful, but the services were not transferred to phone 1 and phone 3 was still getting all the services. Guess there's probably a cool-off period once it's combined and deactivated. Anyone has knowledge in this regard?

Seems there's a time period during which the donor phone cannot be re-activated with keeping another active line number. I had one phone 1 on line 1 combined to line 2 end of last month. After that, line 1 was obviously deactivated, and everything was moved to line 2, but the phone 1's network status showed it's still In Service, which wasn't an issue until I tried to re-activate this phone with keeping the number of another line 3 (phone 3). The re-activation appeared to be successful, but the services were not transferred to phone 1 and phone 3 was still getting all the services. Guess there's probably a cool-off period once it's combined and deactivated. Anyone has knowledge in this regard?
if i click activate on my cancelled line after a combine it just immiediatly reactivates the old number and balance. this would seem to be abuse if done intentionally, for me this has been what happens for years now if i try to re-activate this way. i think I have read reports the transfer/combine could be reversed but that has never happened to me. to use the device on a another line i would completely remove from the account and activate with a new SIM card.

These edge cases are too complex to try to set specific rules in place.

Here's some "more general" ones:

KISS as much as possible.

wrt combining, do not proceed while either line is exhibiting symptoms of glitches

Even when everything seems straightforward combining can be risky and a royal PITA.

Adding a UNL plan over the top of a PayGo one is already fraught, best to not even try to add combining to the mix

If a line is supposed to have been deactivated but that process did not fully complete, get that taken care of before moving on to other operations even if you think they "should" be straightforward.

Remember, combines are not supposed to be allowed, only the facts that TFs IT management is a dumpster fire and (some) CSRs are willing to disobey orders and able to help us do they happen at all.

Don't push your luck, and most of the time you will get what you want, otherwise stuff goes fubar

i have done several combines recently and they been very fast, easy and free of issues each time. i prepare the detail ahead of time and copy and paste the a script into the chat box. agent will send a code to each phone and a few moment later announce success.
I also prepare all my information ahead of time so I can copy and paste into chat. I don't bother verifying the individual phone balances but I provide what the final balance on the Keep phone should be.

if i click activate on my cancelled line after a combine it just immiediatly reactivates the old number and balance. this would seem to be abuse if done intentionally, for me this has been what happens for years now if i try to re-activate this way. i think I have read reports the transfer/combine could be reversed but that has never happened to me. to use the device on a another line i would completely remove from the account and activate with a new SIM card.
You can't remove an inactive device from the account on your own, unless you have an agent do it.

You can't remove an inactive device from the account on your own, unless you have an agent do it.
correct. but without getting that help from an agent I don't know any way to avoid getting back the old number and balance during the re-activation, at least not the same day or in my experience even several days after the combine.

I need to combine balances of two lines
XXX XXX XXXX to YYY YYY YYYY

They only need to verify the donor phone with a code. If they demand more info, I exit gracefully. When they don't know how to keep it simple, I don't trust them to get it right.

Yep, had the same experience today. Quick 1 code verification - then I can immediately see the merged balance online for the line I am keeping. Have to use a simple line which I type out ahead of time:

Please help me add the remaining buckets/days of phone number XXX to YYY, and keep YYY number

Omitting help me would reduce it by two words without impairing its clarity.

Did you encounter any clueless reps recently as in the past? Back a year ago I could hit a string of 5-6 dummy ones, that would say "it's not possible". Instant chat exit right then and there!

Did you encounter any clueless reps recently
Depends on the country involved. If they resist, I ask what is their country. Not always necessary though, South of the border is sometimes obvious by their screen name.

I like the Philippines group. Good attitude and efficient performance.

Instant chat exit right then and there
Despite resistance, I exit with kind words, and move on.

Back