Free T-Mobile line and getting a discount?

Sgt_Strider

Carrier(s)
AT&T
Device(s)
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung S21 Ultra
Hey guys, I'm totally new to T-Mobile and I'm looking for advice on how to bring down the price of my plan or get more perks/benefits. I signed up for Magenta recently and have thought about upgrading to Magenta Max. I only have one line on my account. I'm not sure if I'll qualify for any promotion by calling to upgrade to Magenta Max.

Can someone please help me understand this? TMO's website mentions getting a third line for free. Occasionally, I see promos of TMO giving Max users a free line. What is it? Like another Max line with all the benefits like 5GB of roaming data and in-flight WiFi? Or just a simple voice line for talking?

Well if you increase Magenta to Magenta Max, your price should go up, not down. Although you can get more perks on Magenta Max.

Per current pricing on their website, the third line free applies to not just Magenta Max but Magenta and Essentials as well.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cfd/plans-and-pricing/

For example on Magenta, One line is $70, but two lines or three lines are a total of $120. The additional line should have all of the same features as the first two line do.

Well if you increase Magenta to Magenta Max, your price should go up, not down. Although you can get more perks on Magenta Max.

Per current pricing on their website, the third line free applies to not just Magenta Max but Magenta and Essentials as well.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cfd/plans-and-pricing/

For example on Magenta, One line is $70, but two lines or three lines are a total of $120. The additional line should have all of the same features as the first two line do.

That's not what I was asking.

What you are asking for is not clear.

Are you looking to get more lines, at a discount compared to the first one?

Or a cheaper plan on the existing line?

Or a discount on upgrading?

Or what?

Occasionally, I see promos of TMO giving Max users a free line. What is it? Like another Max line with all the benefits like 5GB of roaming data and in-flight WiFi? Or just a simple voice line for talking?

What you're asking is pretty plain. I'm sorry I don't know the answer.

He's talking about free lines other than 3rd line free. Everyone once in awhile T-Mobile has a free line promo where they just say add a line for free. Some people have reported getting several over the years.

What you're asking is pretty plain. I'm sorry I don't know the answer.

Well the question you boldfaced, I already answered: "The additional line should have all of the same features as the first two lines do. "

Sgt. said that wasn't what he was asking. I'll wait until he responds to Paul Crawhorne's questions before I respond further. I agree with Paul that what Sgt. was asking for isn't clear.

Back