FreeUP Mobile - has anyone tried their free plan?

has anyone noticed that renewal for the free plan isn't required? i've missed the last two and my plan autorenews at the free plan rate!

Yes, I posted about that a month ago - mine should have renewed again a couple days ago so I should check on it ...

I'm still having to login and renew both my free plans. Yesterday, while dialing, I got a warning of low balance with zero minutes left even though I had renewed. It stopped giving me the warning and calls are going through. Guess it was a fluke. Both my plans are the 1000 min/texts not data.

I'm still having to login and renew both my free plans. Yesterday, while dialing, I got a warning of low balance with zero minutes left even though I had renewed. It stopped giving me the warning and calls are going through. Guess it was a fluke. Both my plans are the 1000 min/texts not data.

I’ve had the 1000 min plan for about 8 months and have forgot to renew several times... and it still renews on its own and is still active. The account does have about 20 cents on it from when they required coupon printing. Have no idea if having a few cents on the account keeps it automatically active.

The zero minutes message is common and doesn’t affect your free plan. It still works fine.

FreeUp works well. Native service on AT&T... so about as good as you could expect other than having no data. I now have 3 accounts under various emails. Best way to sign up is to buy a sim for $7.99 via Amazon Prime. About half the price of their website and you get it in 2 days.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Have 3 accounts also. They zeroed out the coupon balance on all 3 if mine. One had over $25 on it.

Now they charge $15 for sim card and plan offer 250 min or text. I will go ebay route to get sim for $8 bucks.

Can someone please confirmed no taxes for free plan....otherwise no point using it.

Can you make international calls on a free plan on wifi

Nope you cant make international calls. You will have to use other apps like whatsapp, viber or skype, etc to make international calls

I've got the 1000 minute/text plan and they just shut down my ability to make a call with 498 minutes left. Is it 500 call minutes plus 500 text messages?? Account says I have 498 text remaining and 498 minutes remaining. I've only used this line for voice calls and zero text messages.

I've got the 1000 minute/text plan and they just shut down my ability to make a call with 498 minutes left. Is it 500 call minutes plus 500 text messages?? Account says I have 498 text remaining and 498 minutes remaining. I've only used this line for voice calls and zero text messages.

You should be able to continue calling. Are you sure they shut you down, or could it just be a network glitch? Did they send you a message? Is it the end of the period? Maybe you need to renew.

Try calling them? 1-888-316-0686 / 1-469-281-2080

I ended up sending them an E-mail. Freeup responded back pretty quick and said they had to reset my services. Everything is working again and I now have 1000 minutes available even though my renewal date isn't till Dec.13.:)

Plan is supposed to have free wifi, any links to a list of hotspot locations?

Is there any difference between attnextgen apn and freeup apn for the free plan? My phone auto picked attnextgen. At one particular place, freeup had no signal and my other ATT sim in the same phone had good native signal. Restarting fixed the issue though. I am not sure if it was some issue with Sim slot, apn or plan type. Any guess on what could be the issue?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Plan is supposed to have free wifi, any links to a list of hotspot locations?
They include "free WiFi" the same way they also include "free oxygen" to breathe while using their service.

They don't provide any WiFi- they mean since you get no cellular data in the free plan, you need (someone else's) free WiFi to use data.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Back