Galaxy S4 on 4.4.2 (Kit Kat)

Ad Above Message List

mariposa111

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
T-Mobile
Device(s)
Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S II, Nokia 7510, Samsung Comeback
I see that this is available, but it is worth it? How much memory does it take up? I've got 6.38GB free on my phone, so I should be able to handle an update. I'm happy with my phone right now, but am curious about what the update would offer me. If it's not much different, I'll not bother.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
Thank you, but I was looking to see if anyone here had personal experience to share. Your link wasn't necessary. I had already Googled it. From what I've found, I'm not going to do it.

If you are currently using a MicroSD card in your S4, I would not recommend updating at this time, KitKat breaks lots of things relating to the external SD card.

OldPro and kgravelle, thank you for sharing your experiences with the upgrade. I appreciate fellow T-Mobile or S4 users sharing their experiences, good or bad, about this upgrade. I do use a Micro SD card in the phone, and won't risk not being able to do so. I've read elsewhere that Kit Kat will improve signal as well.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I've read elsewhere that Kit Kat will improve signal as well.

I believe that phones getting T-Mobile updates, including Nokia Windows Phones, are showing signal strength/bars based off of quality, rather than saw strength from the decibel readings like usual, and like the iPhone. For example, a Lumia 925 prior to the latest update would show 1-2 bars of LTE around home. After the update, it shows 4 or 5 most of the time while my iPhone 5s shows 1-2.

I've got 4.4.4 running in my S3 with no problems! Definitely worth the upgrade. I've also got LTE APN setting for T-Mobile / MetroPCS if needed.

via the HoFo App

Back