Getting 3G on T-Mobile with unlocked iPhone 4S

I just drive through the same area today and still getting 3G from 2 to 6 mbps, here is a screen shot. This is around Penndel and Bristol, PA, which is about a half and hour from Philadelphia. By the way, what is PCS? IMG_0034.PNG

PCS is 1900MHz spectrum which AT&T uses for 3G and 2G and in which T-Mobile uses but not for 3G/4G, just 2G.

Download the speedtest.net app from the Market and run it, give us a screenshot. I've used this site before and it was fairly on point but a speedtest.net run will prove me right or the detractors right.

What would be even more useful is to launch the Field Test app by dialing *3001#12345#* then tap on MM Info, then tap on Serving PLMN, then take a screenshot by pressing the wake/off and home buttons simultaneously, then post it.

Woot woot! UGH this is such great news! If they do this widespread enough (where they can), it means unlocked iPhone's are more viable and it also means the iPhone is a much higher possibility for T-Mobile.

Tmobile did announce they are starting to use some PCS for 3G. Good news for iPhone owners.

Could you go back into field test and go to UMTS Cell Environment, UMTS RR Info, and tell me the Downlink Frequency or UARFCN?

How about, Boston? If they open up 1900mhz for HSPA+ that means I can use my unlocked Galaxy Note on it right? That would be the best scenario I could think of, seriously.

*Fingers Crossed*

so I don't get 3g yet :( how can I get it?! Im in Texas

You can either wait for T-Mobile to refarm their PCS spectrum for UMTS (which may or may not happen in your market) or you can move to a provider that iPhone is compatible with.

You can either wait for T-Mobile to refarm their PCS spectrum for UMTS (which may or may not happen in your market) or you can move to a provider that iPhone is compatible with.

Moving isn't an option, so I will stay with Tmobile.

Any idea when tmobile will have 3g nationwide?

Moving isn't an option, so I will stay with Tmobile.
Why not?

Any idea when tmobile will have 3g nationwide?
They already have nationwide 3G, just not in a band that iPhone is compatible with. Since T-Mobile doesn't carry the iPhone it's probably not something they're rushing to do.

Why not?

They already have nationwide 3G, just not in a band that iPhone is compatible with. Since T-Mobile doesn't carry the iPhone it's probably not something they're rushing to do.

ah thats what i meant. Whens 3g on iphone coming. :( sad that theyre not rushing. more people would come over to tmo if they did.

I can't switch cause im in a family plan. paying about 45$pp with taxes in a family plan for unlimited mins, msgs, and data.

i will be so happy if i can get 3g speeds on my iphone with tmobile...edge is so freakin slow

Back