Ad Above Message List

GPz1100

HoFo Member
Device(s)
Tin cans and a string
@boz As you're a data gv voice user,

Try dialing this #

888-892-3813

It's a number to check certain stores gift card balance. Calling this from my gv number(s) results in the ivr saying something to the effect of cannot continue call. Calling from an actual cell works. Calling from an old freedompop sip # also works.

"Your request cannot be processed at this time."

With both GV and TextNow.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
blocking VoIP numbers

pretty common

My TN passed, but that shows up as non VoIP on most checkers

number I ported in, was originally a landline

It's great I got other options to do this, but annoying at the same time that I can't do it with my primary number.

Yesterday I was in a store trying to buy 4 gift cards. The ******* customer service "mgr" didn't know how to process multiple gift card purchases in a single transaction. I told him doing it this way would lead to the card getting declined. Sure enough after 2 purchases it did (first 2 were for the same amount, several hundred dollars). Ended up calling the bank to resolve while still at the store.

Today I followed up and they claim they did send out some text messages - which were never received by the google voice number. I didn't have my primary phone with me so texting to the mobile number would not have helped either. Phone on hand only had a data sim in it.

So you obviously know exactly the steps to take to avoid all these problems.

Having your main T&T on VoIP requires planning and preparation.

Even my kids carry 4-5 alternative SIMs in a keyring stash whenever they leave the house.

Three of us use Dual SIM phones, and we rotate between 4 mifi's used both at home and iut & about.

@boz As you're a data gv voice user,

Try dialing this #

888-892-3813

It's a number to check certain stores gift card balance. Calling this from my gv number(s) results in the ivr saying something to the effect of cannot continue call. Calling from an actual cell works. Calling from an old freedompop sip # also works.

I had the same issue when calling, using my Ooma service.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
As hard as SIMs are to change in my Motos + other difficulties it's worth it to me to have a regular TTD provider. Instead of some rigamarole with VOIP providers. I mean jeez unlimited TT on H2O (AT&T) & Hello Mobile (TM) is only $60 a year.

Back