Giving Up @Home Service

Hagerdoc

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
T Mobile
Device(s)
Pixel 3a
I have had the @Home service from T Mobile since 2010. It has been mostly good, and the price is right ($15 + tax or about $22 per month) on my family Simple Choice plan.

I have had some issues (mainly about occasional loss of service for a few minutes) which basically require me to power cycle the HiPort device. These occur no more than twice a month, and there have been long periods (months) of no problems. I do have some concern about the availability of the device (eBay or Amazon). For that reason, I am taking the plunge with Vonage and plan to discontinue this service with T Mobile.

I check these forums now and again, and I vaguely recall seeing posts for people asking for someone doing a change of responsibility for this service. I am not even sure if and how that can be done, especially since this is a line on my family plan. However, I am willing to offer this for anyone who wants and can figure out the details with T Mobile. I have not yet ported my "home" number to Vonage, but will do that in the next week or two.

If anyone is interested, post here or PM me.

Dude! I'd take it off your hands! Do you want to do a CoFR?

If this can work without me losing my number, I would do it. I haven't checked with TM, and I'm not sure what the logistics would be.

via the HoFo App

a CoFR (Change of Fiscal Responsibility) is the easy part. You call in first to 611, set it up, then I call in and complete it.

However, I don't know if it can be done if you are porting out the number on the line. If it's too much trouble, i totally understand.

i'm not sure why you pay $15 a month--- mines is $10 but i keep mine on my account just to show longevity for loyalty discounts and what not

I would keep the @home line and use that SIM in a cell phone...best of both world! You don't have to depend on the @home router or internet for phone calls since you now do it on a cell phone. No worry about going over you minutes since there is no overage. And later if you want to go back making calls on the @home router you just put the SIM back in it. That's what I'm doing right now. Remember that once you get rid of the @home you can't have it back. You also can't use a regular cell line SIM in the @home router, it will not work.

didn't it use to be if you put your @home sim in a cell phone and made calls you were charged by the minute ? because they could detect what device you are using?

I bet you could get a data plan added to it and even probably an old unlimited texting plan added if you had the SOC

didn't it use to be if you put your @home sim in a cell phone and made calls you were charged by the minute ? because they could detect what device you are using?

I bet you could get a data plan added to it and even probably an old unlimited texting plan added if you had the SOC

Calls you make using the @home SIM on the cell phone count toward your bucket of minutes, just like a regular cell phone. Now with no overage you don't have to worry about going over anymore. If you talk to the right tmobile rep you can add a data plan to it...I did.

what data plan do you have? all they offered me was $5 for 30mb of 4G

said they didn't have an option to add any unlimited data plans to it....

Calls you make using the @home SIM on the cell phone count toward your bucket of minutes, just like a regular cell phone. Now with no overage you don't have to worry about going over anymore. If you talk to the right tmobile rep you can add a data plan to it...I did.

what data plan do you have? all they offered me was $5 for 30mb of 4G

said they didn't have an option to add any unlimited data plans to it....

I got Tzone, but only after talking to the right person in retention (I believe) that can (or is willingto) do it. I've been with them since the Aerial days so I don't know if that adds any clout.

did you previously have tzones or was it added as a totally new feature and how long ago was this?

I got Tzone, but only after talking to the right person in retention (I believe) that can (or is willingto) do it. I've been with them since the Aerial days so I don't know if that adds any clout.

you wouldn't happen to have the SOC for the tzones package you have ?

I've had about 3 reps try to add other data packages (with SOCs) but the system wouldn't allow for it.

did you previously have tzones or was it added as a totally new feature and how long ago was this?[/QUOTE

I previously had tzones when I added the third one, about a month ago.

you wouldn't happen to have the SOC for the tzones package you have ?

I've had about 3 reps try to add other data packages (with SOCs) but the system wouldn't allow for it.

Sorry I don't know what SOC stands for. Yeah...these days it's rarely a hit and mostly a miss to have tzone added.

SOC is the feature code in their system. you can ask them for it anytime ... because if like they cant find it, they can manually put a code in like one of the tzone SOCs is TZUNL599 but it didnt work when i just tried to add it it may be invalid now

if you added one a month ago i'm sure yours still works obviously

Sorry I don't know what SOC stands for. Yeah...these days it's rarely a hit and mostly a miss to have tzone added.

Back