H2O data speed please..

Don't want to open another thread.
But does anyone knows how data is counting on H2O PAYG?
Is there any rounding?
I loaded my last Ptel PIN (discounted) and since there is no more discounts I'm thinking to move on and H2O PAYG looks pretty attractive (considering I will not have to deal with CS :) :) )

Don't want to open another thread.
But does anyone knows how data is counting on H2O PAYG?
Is there any rounding?
I loaded my last Ptel PIN (discounted) and since there is no more discounts I'm thinking to move on and H2O PAYG looks pretty attractive (considering I will not have to deal with CS :) :) )

Yes, I believe H2O does round. PTEL doesn't, which is its advantage. This is no longer as big an issue, though, now that H2O has lowered their data rates.

As a prepaid PAYGO customer of both for several years, the rounding issue is PTEL's only advantage anymore as far as I'm concerned. I've had quite a few problems since they converted to GSM. My experience has been that the quality of their service, including customer service, has declined.

I plan on taking our PTEL prepaid phone to H2O when the time expires.

Yes, I believe H2O does round. PTEL doesn't, which is its advantage. This is no longer as big an issue, though, now that H2O has lowered their data rates.

As a prepaid PAYGO customer of both for several years, the rounding issue is PTEL's only advantage anymore as far as I'm concerned. I've had quite a few problems since they converted to GSM. My experience has been that the quality of their service, including customer service, has declined.

I plan on taking our PTEL prepaid phone to H2O when the time expires.
Do you know any specific about rounding? how it's going ?

Do you know any specific about rounding? how it's going ?

I'm on WiFi most of the time, so I don't use much data. All I know is that before they lowered their rates, it seemed every time you used a drop of data, you were getting charged 18 cents or more. Now, it's only a couple of cents. Obviously this will be different for every customer based on usage. But the costs have dropped dramatically. Before they lowered their rates, I was going to port one of my phones out of H2O. With the new rates, I'm going to port my non-H2O phone in.

Just FYI I found in their TOS
Bytes are rounded up to KB, so you will be charged at least 1 KB for each data usage session ("data session"). Rounding occurs at the end of each data session and sometimes during a data session.

While not good as Ptel but still decent.

About the H20 speeds... Do they support HSPA+? Or are they only regular 3G?

I'm not entirely sure where 2000kb would be on the spectrum. Though, I understand that perhaps H20 might throttle speeds down to lower speeds regardless of 3G or 3G HSPA+. But if I went with H20, I'd just do their PAYGO plan, and probably not use data very often, anyway. Just was curious about the speed. Thanks.

I've gotten as high as 6.5Mbps but that was before their "new" plans so i dunno what's "10x faster" speeds now.

Here's something interesting h20 terms.png

Lots of people will probably switch from Airvoice. My sister's family have four lines on AV and hate to call for second half of 1000mb data. I'm guessing that Airvoice will have to do something: raise $30 data plan to 500mb or cancel the 2nd half calling in to compete.

Yeah I switched from AV, but more for the reason they didn't allow me to use my area code (773).

And I didn't know you had to call in for the data. That's really lame and bothersome.

Back