Harvesting Orbic two pack on eBay?

SlowLoris

I was planning to port my father away from Tracfone now that I have used up most of my rewards points. However, I am now considering the two pack of Orbic flip phones on eBay for $40. Has anyone purchased these recently? I found some reports of plans not being loaded and phones not powering up, so not sure I want to deal with the hassle if that is still happening. He is very low usage, like 200MB of data, 100 minutes, and 10 texts.

If I purchase this, I would activate with a transfer, so will not be dealing with combining service from multiple lines.

I did this a few times, 4-8mo ago.

No problems great way to add four years to a line for cheap.

The hardware has no value IMO

I did this a few times, 4-8mo ago.

No problems great way to add four years to a line for cheap.

The hardware has no value IMO

Wouldn't that be TWO years?

Tracfone Orbic Journey V (2) + 1 Year of Service with 1200 MIN/1200 TXT/1200MB

Yes, two years per two-pack bundle.

Buy three bundles and you can load up six years

if you want...

I was planning to port my father away from Tracfone now that I have used up most of my rewards points. However, I am now considering the two pack of Orbic flip phones on eBay for $40. Has anyone purchased these recently? I found some reports of plans not being loaded and phones not powering up, so not sure I want to deal with the hassle if that is still happening. He is very low usage, like 200MB of data, 100 minutes, and 10 texts.

If I purchase this, I would activate with a transfer, so will not be dealing with combining service from multiple lines.
I bought a 2-pack in Feb and activated one of the Orbics in Mar. I encountered no problems. Left one on deck. I figured if only 1 of 2 worked, $40 was a reasonable risk/cost as I was down to wire on my renewal date. Also preferred to get it direct from TF over QVC/HSN. I kind of like the Orbic on first impression, maybe a slight tick over the Flip 2. But very comparable, I'd say. I didn't check to verify whether it comes delivered as unlocked as many report. I'd say pull the trigger. I had the same hesitations, too, and waited a year myself.

I prefer sourcing from QVC/HSN over from TF's eBay store

But the latter has also been good about returns

I did this last year. No problems.
And I tested one and verified that it was unlocked.
Using it now with a T-Mobile Prepaid SIM.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

I did this with one pair of Orbics last June for two relatives. Since then we've gotten two additional pairs for them. I'm anticipating doing the transfer sometime before early July.

I sell the orbics on ebay for about $10 each after fees and shipping. Cuts the price in half.

If I activate an Orbic from QVC, use it for a month and then give it to someone else, would they be able to activate it on their account and keep the minutes that are left?

If I activate an Orbic from QVC, use it for a month and then give it to someone else, would they be able to activate it on their account and keep the minutes that are left?

Are you saying, give it to someone with the number you activated it with and the remaining service on it.

Either keeping the same number, or changing it if possible and using the remaining balance

Either keeping the same number, or changing it if possible and using the remaining balance

The person to whom you give the phone doesn't need to (re)activate it. They can use it as is, or text MINC to 611611 and get a new phone number for their zip code without losing the remaining balances/days.

If they have a active device on their account,

1. Remove phone from your account,
Verify number texted to phone

Who ever is getting phone,

1. On account, manage lines, add a line, verify number texted to phone on account, merge line, phone number of the phone you gave, verify number texted to phone.

If they want to change the phone number
Text MINC TO 611611 on the phone.

You don't get to keep the number if you want to give the line's service time and balances away.

Although anything is possible with glitches, you can't count on those

I just today harvested two Orbics successfully. $40 for 2 more years plus 2400/2400/2.4G. I did it totally on-line and it went very smoothly.

I just today harvested two Orbics successfully. $40 for 2 more years plus 2400/2400/2.4G. I did it totally on-line and it went very smoothly.

Awesome, thank you for a current report! I believe my dad placed the order, but I told him to wait until my visit in a couple of weeks and that I will take care of harvesting. Hope my transaction goes smoothly as well.

Can this be done without CS if the two lines are on two different accounts? I know that CS can do a combine, but it always seems risky.

Back