Harvesting Orbic two pack on eBay?

Ad Above Message List
For lower-usage individuals that have a phone they want to keep, the $39.99 eBay TWO-PACK Orbic Journey V + 1200/1200/1200/1 Year bundle is significantly more economical at $20/line vs the UT&T+24GB bundle at $80/line (or $60 w/ coupon).

Definitely.

Where do you get $20 for a year of UNL?

These days "low usage" is a few GB/mo on average, and my point is, most users' consumption will only be increasing in the years to come,

that is the scenario I was discussing.

That's not universally accurate. $20 for as much as a person can use in a year is a better deal, for a low-usage person.

What is the lowest cost unlimited bundle that includes 24GB of data?
Boz didn't say unlimited. For the "old people" who have lines that I manage, three of them average between .2 and .3 GB per month. My parents do not get or check email on their phones. They rarely open a browser. They get iMessages and sometimes use maps. Neither of them will use up the data they have before we leave Tracfone. My father in law fits the increasing data usage description -- but that's because he has no idea what uses data. Every time I get my hands on his phone I have to adjust his data settings.

The annual UNL bundles that include 24GB of data cost a bit more up front but are usually much better value

Long term, even old people are going to be increasing their cell data usage

it rolls over forever

and these days $10/GB is crazy expensive.
I know there was reported earlier to be a BLU brand phone on QVC that was offered at something like $80 (please correct if necessary)? I just checked QVC, and surprisingly it looks like the only bundle now including the Unltd. T&T/24GB plan is a Samsung A23 for just under $200. Not a bad deal, but not something I'd spring for just to harvest the plan. Too much upfront and the phone is too good to sideline! The plan is available on the TF eBay store for $192.

I know there was reported earlier to be a BLU brand phone on QVC that was offered at something like $80 (please correct if necessary)? I just checked QVC, and surprisingly it looks like the only bundle now including the Unltd. T&T/24GB plan is a Samsung A23 for just under $200. Not a bad deal, but not something I'd spring for just to harvest the plan. Too much upfront and the phone is too good to sideline! The plan is available on the TF eBay store for $192.

QVC still has the $80 Blu View 5G bundle with the unlimited talk and text + 24 GB data plan. $60 with the $20 coupon.

HSN has it too for $80 but with less of a potential discount.

(Note: The QVC listing may appear to omit the 24GB of data part of the UNL talk and text plan that comes with the phone in the text but it is in the video description of the offer - see below)

Yup the one month $20 unlmited plan comes to $192 when bought for a year. It yields the UNL talk and text + 24 GB of data plan.

new.JPG ....Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Very confusing, as the video blurb I watched mentioned no data, and the text description listed no data. I posed the question to QVC's AI assistant shown in the lower part of the opened item window, and here is what it said (if I can post my first pic on the new forum software):

1718398761086.png

So like I said, a bit confusing.

Additional: Looking at their video again, and taking a close look at what the lady has on the desk, there's a plan card right next to the phone that has the 24 GB showing on it! How strange for them not to tout this feature anywhere in their descriptions! I'd have to assume their AI assistant is going strictly by what is printed on the item page. But it's a dummy nonetheless!

Also, this appears to be a recent phone by BLU, and uses the 5G term in its model. But the written description says it has a microUSB port, which I kind of doubt! So this is a botched up deal by QVC; not the first.

I don't know how I missed the TracFone lady rep talking directly about the plan (at 4:47, thank you)! I swear, no day drinking here!

Last edited:
Very confusing, as the video blurb I watched mentioned no data, and the text description listed no data. I posed the question to QVC's AI assistant shown in the lower part of the opened item window, and here is what it said (if I can post my first pic on the new forum software):

View attachment 175380

So like I said, a bit confusing.

The QVC Blu View 5G bundle video that describes the offer goes into detail about the plan and the 24 Gb of data that comes with it.

See the video at 4:47 for mention of the 24 GB. They go into a long thing about what you could do with that data including sending 327,000 + emails.

I think they describe it as costing $199 normally which is not correct since it is $192. Mistakes abound. If I had a dime for all the things I've been told wrong by "AI" I'd be pretty weathly.

I grabbed a short screenshot of it above.

I think people have ordered it recently and no one has stated they did not receive the data.

But yeah it is a little confusing.

The $80 HSN listing is a lot clearer.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Off topic inquiry here:

As an academic exercise, I've become more curious about the handsets from BLU and TCL. I see them as part of the lower-end offerings for the TF companies, but I haven't developed an understanding of their respective line-ups as to what are the best ones in descending order, and some things they're good at and which to avoid. They don't seem to get talked about much. They can't all be crap, right? Someone care to enlighten me?

To me they are crap, but that is a subjective call, all depends on personal factors.

My advice is buy the bundles for the plan only, so if you end up liking the phone that's just a nice free bonus.

With 24 rollover forever GB that's worth $240 right there.

12 months UNL, certainly $50-60 more.

Even if you assign say $5/GB you get the phone for free

One of the things about the lower end phones is that they may have smaller capacity batteries that don't last as long, or that the screen experience isn't as good, and the processor is probably slower.

However it depends on the model.

Could maybe try to look them up on YouTube to see the videos on those particular models. I do that sometimes if I'm wondering about a phone.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

I should've included the HMD-made Nokia devices as well. I think sooner or later these brands will up their games and put the squeeze on Motorola and lower-end Samsung A-series devices, to some degree at least. With LG out of the game, there's room for more players in the budget Android sector. Isn't it possible the best phones from those three makers could do better than a Moto G Play or Pure, or a Samsung A03s?

Back