How do you change cookie settings?

Jane B.

HoFo Member
I have downgraded Firefox to version 88 and in the process missed something that led me to re-signing in to this site among others. Now I am getting a blue box in the lower left-hand corner that says "We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time." But I cannot find anyplace to see cookie settings and decide if I want to change any. Help!!! How do I check this and make changes if I decide what I want to???

Last edited by a moderator:
You can’t manage your cookie settings through the site, they are done in your browser settings.

I've been getting that message lately & was ignoring it.

It states "If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website." There's a presumption there that I'm already receiving all cookies & will continue to do so unless I change my settings. Why does the forum think I'm already receiving all cookies? Either it's hacked into my system or there is a forum setting for cookies.

I mention this because I have seen forums where I can set which cookies I want the forum to send, & there is usually one that is not optional. The original posting is two years old & since I just started receiving the message it makes me question if something has changed on this forum where it does allow me select cookie settings.

Does the forum now have a cookie setting?

I went to the following site after a very, very, long time and it opens with doing cookie acceptance or making cookie settings. Anyone know how this fits with the above discussion?

https://www.control4.com/
That is the address line when I put in smarthome.com while looking for more information about current x10 modules.

Back