How to shut down a US Mobile account

WheelieBoot

ToTW Winner
HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TracFone/VZ
Device(s)
LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
I read how to deactivate a US Mobile account in their FAQs. They said it's as easy as activation.

They said to turn off or remove the payment method, and it would "eventually shut down," BUT on the wallet page it said I couldn't remove a payment method from an active line.

Has anyone figured how to deactivate without being charged for another month?

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

I read how to deactivate a US Mobile account in their FAQs. They said it's as easy as activation.

They said to turn off or remove the payment method, and it would "eventually shut down," BUT on the wallet page it said I couldn't remove a payment method from an active line.

Has anyone figured how to deactivate without being charged for another month?

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
found this -
Alternatively, you can also contact US Mobile customer service and ask them to remove the payment method for you. They can assist you with the process over the phone or through a live chat.

try contacting customer service.

found this -
Alternatively, you can also contact US Mobile customer service and ask them to remove the payment method for you. They can assist you with the process over the phone or through a live chat.

try contacting customer service.
I emailed USM and they answered really fast with a verification code. Unfortunately I didn't see it til after it expired.

The CSR explained how to turn off the auto payment and had to log in online to do it, couldn't find it in the app.

It took a bit of doing to figure out even with the explanation but found it and switched it off.

Now am waiting for the CSR to reply but it's late in the day, almost 7pm in California and he may have gone home.

He did say they could shut it down ASAP but the code expired and he hasn't answered the follow up about validation.

I'll have to contact them tomorrow. Chat was down for maintenance or I would have tried that.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

I restarted the USM phone and it now shows as out of service so I guess Abdul shut the line down with the validation I sent. The alternative to the code was the USM SIM card number.

There was a follow up email from another CSR named Talha verifying the number was deactivated.

I then removed my card from payment methods and removed as much of my personal info from the account as they would allow. They wouldn't let me remove the email address without help from customer service.

I decided to order another Tello SIM to port an expiring TracFone number over. That was why I decided to deactivate the USM phone.

Tello allows hotspotting of data and the TF plan I'm on doesn't. The cost to maintain the Tello line will be about the same as the TF line.

The USM plan I was on was 5/mo for 500mins, 500sms, 500mb and was really good (no longer can get that plan). I just didn't need it with the other lines I have.

Try this and find if doing so works for you:

1. Log in to your account. (Use desktop or laptop computer).
  2. See the big button showing an "avatar", your "line" name, and your mobile number? Left-click that button.
  3. Scroll down in the section on right-hand-side which says, "Billing".
  4. Find the little link saying "Manage Autopay" and a gear icon next to it.
  5. If you click that link you should be allowed the choice to disable Autopay.

Try this and find if doing so works for you:

1. Log in to your account. (Use desktop or laptop computer).
  2. See the big button showing an "avatar", your "line" name, and your mobile number? Left-click that button.
  3. Scroll down in the section on right-hand-side which says, "Billing".
  4. Find the little link saying "Manage Autopay" and a gear icon next to it.
  5. If you click that link you should be allowed the choice to disable Autopay.
If you're on an annual plan, you can't disable Autopay. Their explanation to me was that every month they renew your plan for so much premium data, even if you already paid for a year, and if you don't have Autopay enabled with a legitimate payment source, they can't do that. Sounds like BS to me, but it still won't let me disable Autopay or delete that payment type. They don't charge me anything each month, but they do renew the data.

Porting out is the one surefire way to pull the plug on a line. So long as you are paid up when the pull comes in they can't say no and poof the line is gone, as well as the account usually if that was the only line

In their iOS app you have the option to delete your account. I'm not sure about the Android version.

If you're on an annual plan, you can't disable Autopay. Their explanation to me was that every month they renew your plan for so much premium data, even if you already paid for a year, and if you don't have Autopay enabled with a legitimate payment source, they can't do that. Sounds like BS to me, but it still won't let me disable Autopay or delete that payment type. They don't charge me anything each month, but they do renew the data.
Interesting, a little confusing, seems a bit or so more new, and I really do want to know more about this. ANNUAL PLAN? More to know needed.

That is some BS for sure. Thinking of trying them when they get DeathStar.

That is some BS for sure. Thinking of trying them when they get DeathStar.
I don't see it as a big deal. My two cell phones on USMobile just show a renewal each month for zero dollars. Since they are paid yearly. Or technically, USMobile plans are for every thirty days. Not every month.

Back