AT&T HTC Pure in AT&T Stores

iJITSU

HoFo Member
After reading Engadget Mobile's heads up that HTC Pures were hitting stores, I stopped into my local corporate store and picked one up. Very nice form factor. Going to put it through its paces this weekend. Pics attached.

How much was it? Do they require data plans now?

Hey so you were able to get one, can you post a vid? How is the screen on it? Oh and one more: could you do some size comparisons? Thanks for the info! I'm pretty excited to get this phone.

I was able to hold one in my hand after visited couple different AT&T corp stores. But they refuse to sell it to me.

Hierophant said:
They can't sell it until the official WM 6.5 launch (It does have 6.5 right?) headphone jack?

Yeah, I heard one of the reps saying they weren't supposed to sell it until next week. They sold it to me anyway, as has been the case with most new releases in one store or the other.

Regarding form factor/design, I like it better than the original HTC TD2 design. It was $430 no contract.

Size comparison: about as long as the iPhone, and more narrow. Little thicker.

Having used it since Friday, I can say that I'm not up to switching to WM 6.5. Too much lag which has been driving me crazy. Great form factor, decent screen, love the flexiblility (file storage, multiple media formats, etc), but not going to cut it for me. If WM7 is anything like the ZuneHD format (which I've heard from a friend in the industry that it is) then that might work, but WM 6.5 isn't there yet for me.

Thanks hyper. I hope 6.5 runs better in it's official format on the newer hardware than it does on the Tilt/Kaiser. I despise all of the cooked 6.5 versions for the tilt. Depending on which I wind up getting (Pure or tilt 2), I may even try my hands at cooking 6.1 for it. I haven't been in the kitchen since my 8125 days though.

Edit: well I see you answered my concern about 6.5. That's a bummer.

iJITSU said:
It was $430 no contract.

It's 349.99 no contract price. How bad is sales tax where you live???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not on attwireless.com yet (the Nuvifone was on as of midnight). Is the official launch date today or Tuesday?

If you have lag then you will want to look for a cooked rom and you will need to removed the bloat

GManJack said:
It's 349.99 no contract price. How bad is sales tax where you live???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told $400 no contract at my store yesterday. They said they would sell it to me on Sunday (today).

Hockey37 said:
I was told $400 no contract at my store yesterday. They said they would sell it to me on Sunday (today).

In our system it says 349

I hope it is 349; I don't think I want to spend $430 just yet.

It is $350 according to at&t's internal price sheets.

Hockey37 said:

why i am having a feeling you are taking all of us for a ride and you dont really have the phone

$150 is a good price but i am worried about 2 things battery life and on screen keyboard. i dont do too much of texting but i do emails everyday from my phone

I went to my local AT&T corporate store yesterday, and they had the HTC Pure on display (3). I did not talk to any of the reps, but was able to play with the phone for a few minutes. The leaked pictures do not do justice to the device. I was planning on getting the Pure over the Tilt2, mainly because I don't use the keyboard (I've had the 8925, Tilt, and Fuze), but when I saw those pictures, I felt let down. I was expecting something similar to the original TD2, which looks great IMO. The Pure's black-piano finish is very similar to the Fuze's, and the impression that I got when holding it was one of relief. Now, as soon as the Pure is loaded onto at&t's website, I'll be ordering one.

humanoide said:
I went to my local AT&T corporate store yesterday, and they had the HTC Pure on display (3). I did not talk to any of the reps, but was able to play with the phone for a few minutes. The leaked pictures do not do justice to the device. I was planning on getting the Pure over the Tilt2, mainly because I don't use the keyboard (I've had the 8925, Tilt, and Fuze), but when I saw those pictures, I felt let down. I was expecting something similar to the original TD2, which looks great IMO. The Pure's black-piano finish is very similar to the Fuze's, and the impression that I got when holding it was one of relief. Now, as soon as the Pure is loaded onto at&t's website, I'll be ordering one.

Its there as of a couple minutes ago, I had to sign into my account to see it however...

Back