I have a great idea for an app.

Ad Above Message List

Vircaci

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
At&t
Device(s)
Iphone 4
I have a wonderful idea for an app but i dont know who I can talk to or trust in developing this app. I am pretty sure it can make a decent amount of money. Just a neat little app to have for an iphone 4.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can trust me…

Dude, google for iphone developers and find someone. File an NDA for the invention disclosure and decide on the pricing structure. A lawyer would cost you couple thousand dollars but it is totally worth it.

At least for the time being, write it down somewhere and witness it with a date. US copyright rules are first to document not first to invent. Just an FYI. If it is documented somewhere you can always handle a litigation if it comes up (hopefully, not)

Have a million dollar idea and don't know what to do with it??

There's an app for that.

Like maverick said, make sure that you have anyone you tell the idea to sign an NDA before disclosing the idea.

At least for the time being, write it down somewhere and witness it with a date. US copyright rules are first to document not first to invent. Just an FYI. If it is documented somewhere you can always handle a litigation if it comes up (hopefully, not)

Copyrights go into effect once something is actually created, not just thought up.

Patents can go back to the date of invention -- when you actually came up with the idea and documented it.

I have a wonderful idea for an app but i dont know who I can talk to or trust in developing this app. I am pretty sure it can make a decent amount of money. Just a neat little app to have for an iphone 4.

I think someone has already made a HD poop app...:rolleyes:

have you searched the appstore? i have many wonderful ideas, as did my friends, but after searching the store, my ideas were already done.

If you're willing to drop some money on it you can hire a kid from Bangladesh to do it for a few grand.

Elance...

have you searched the appstore? i have many wonderful ideas, as did my friends, but after searching the store, my ideas were already done.

Regardless - the NAME of your app can be different and if it offers better utility, memory management, and is unique enough to be well MORE APPEALING it CAN outsell something already in the store.

there is EverNote, Note+, Notes, Note(this or that & there & inside & pink/brown etc etc) - yet ALL these note apps are monkey balls. They just take notes. I'd like reminders to my notes, integration into the calendar, ability to set Alarms with different tones for each app. Some are better designed than others regardless of extra features in EverNote - I wouldn't pay a DIME for it.

Right now THINGS! is the best because well ... maybe its a GTD app not a note app. Takes some getting used to really.
$10 for IOS app, $35 for Mac OSX app (single/$59 for Family) but its seriously incredible. And the leader of the free GTD contenter has joined the development team so updates are happening MUCH faster now.

Back