Status
Not open for further replies.

ianternet

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
ATT Wireless
Device(s)
Apple iPhone 3G
So I am trying to find some good tips and tricks that you are all using? maybe some app hacks. or better usability? Also can somethings in the iphone 1st gen work with 3g?

I want to test the tethering and some cool tricks just do not want jump ahead of the gun and mess everything up.

So this thread shoul dbe all post about tips and tricks users find and tested etc.

thanks all for your contribution

1. Screenshot- Hold Home button & press top/sleep button. Screen will flash & picture saves to Camera Roll.

2. Save pictures in email & on the web - hold your finger on the picture & it will ask you if you want to save it. Also saves to your Camera Roll.

3. When typing a web address, hold the ".com" key down & you will also get .net, .edu, .org to choose from.

4. In Settings, Under Mail, Contact, Calendars, you can now import SIM contacts...

5. Some AppStore programs hide their settings in the iPhone Settings menu. It took me awhile to figure out how to change AIM's Username/Password, until I found the AIM Settings hiding there... So far I've also seen Shazam's & Save Benji's settings there as well...

mmmartin said:
1. Screenshot- Hold Home button & press top/sleep button. Screen will flash & picture saves to Camera Roll.

2. Save pictures in email & on the web - hold your finger on the picture & it will ask you if you want to save it. Also saves to your Camera Roll.

3. When typing a web address, hold the ".com" key down & you will also get .net, .edu, .org to choose from.

4. In Settings, Under Mail, Contact, Calendars, you can now import SIM contacts...

5. Some AppStore programs hide their settings in the iPhone Settings menu. It took me awhile to figure out how to change AIM's Username/Password, until I found the AIM Settings hiding there... So far I've also seen Shazam's & Save Benji's settings there as well...

Thank you!

mmmartin said:
Didn't know about that one! Thanks :buddies:

No problem. Those were just a few things I found by playing around & reading the gadget blogs. Also, I'm sure most people have found this out by now, but in case you've missed it somehow - the calculator now changes to a scientific calculator if you rotate it...

.com tip is sweet!

I also have seen the NYTimes settings in the "general" tab too.

One new "feature" is the momentary appearance og letters in the password field when you log on to something/someplace. I like the fact I know can see what letter I typed - I am a fumbler when it comes to thumb typing on this thing. ;)

Oh, and if you have 2 iPhones (you and your wife or girlfriend or whatever) - register them both using the same iTunes account & you can use the same Apps on both iPhones. Example - I paid for Monkeyball & downloaded it on my iPhone & then my wife DL'd it & installed it on hers for free. I think you can put them on up to 5 devices under the same account.

Yes, I love the new password "feature". It freaked me out at first, but it has definitely helped...

Another tip on the .com is when you are typing an email address in mail hold the . to get the .com .net options.

damn mmmartin - looks like you are on top of things I new about the screenshot and .com the other tho I didnt - NICE Find!!

mmmartin said:
Yes, I love the new password "feature". It freaked me out at first, but it has definitely helped...

Thanks for all the little tricks i actually have a question im sure most of you already know this but obviously i dont.

If i dowloaded an App and i dont like it and i want to unistalled or erase it or whatever, how do u do this?? thanks :)

markopromo said:
Thanks for all the little tricks i actually have a question im sure most of you already know this but obviously i dont.

If i dowloaded an App and i dont like it and i want to unistalled or erase it or whatever, how do u do this?? thanks :)

Tap and hold the icon till they wiggle. Hit the X on the top of the icon for that app.

Repeat songs or playlist -

When playing a song in the iPod click on the the album art one time while holding the iPhone vertically (yes it has to be vertically). A timeline will appear at the top. Click on the to the left to repeat a playlist. Click the icon a second time and a "1" will appear meaning it'll repeat a single song. You can now use the timeline to move to different points in the song instead of holding the back and forward buttons on the bottom.

mmmartin said:
Oh, and if you have 2 iPhones (you and your wife or girlfriend or whatever) - register them both using the same iTunes account & you can use the same Apps on both iPhones. Example - I paid for Monkeyball & downloaded it on my iPhone & then my wife DL'd it & installed it on hers for free. I think you can put them on up to 5 devices under the same account.

That's awesome. I wanted to buy monkeyball but not twice. What happens when I plug my wife's into her account in the iMac, will it still sync her music and videos?

asnpcwiz said:
Repeat songs or playlist -

When playing a song in the iPod click on the the album art one time while holding the iPhone vertically (yes it has to be vertically). A timeline will appear at the top. Click on the to the left to repeat a playlist. Click the icon a second time and a "1" will appear meaning it'll repeat a single song. You can now use the timeline to move to different points in the song instead of holding the back and forward buttons on the bottom.
:clapping: :crying: :sad: :lol: :hehehe: :lolup: :D :buddies:

sprungson said:
LOL, this has been available since june 2007. Is this your first iphone?

This is MY first iPhone so it's till nice to find out anything I can. Thanks!

its cool I thought I had to get an app to do it but I stumbled on it by accident - it was one of the first tricks I knew about - lol

cowboy1964 said:
The screen shot trick is cool.

if u hold the home screen and sleep button together for 12 seconds, your iphone can do a reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back