iPhone Activation Policy Change

DennyScher

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Page Plus Cellular
I'm sure it will get posted here in a matter of minutes, so I'll just go ahead and break the news that iPhone 4 and 4S devices are now allowed to be activated on Page Plus! :clapping:

Cool... it will be nice not to feel like a sketchball during phone/online activations.

I'm sure it will get posted here in a matter of minutes, so I'll just go ahead and break the news that iPhone 4 and 4S devices are now allowed to be activated on Page Plus! :clapping:

Yess.... this is wonderfull I just got the email to :clapping::lol:

Glad to hear it. They are great devices to use on Page Plus.

Ehh I have used mine the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the 3rd time's the charm. PPC CSRs were telling people that iPhones were allowed at least two other times in the past, which was documented on HoFo by multiple forum members. Since Denny is posting it this time, maybe it's finally for real!

The don't ask don't tell iPhone policy has worked well for a long time. Let's hope this official announcement doesn't change that, especially now that iPhone 5 phones can be modified relatively easily to work on PPC!

Yea! Much better than the 'don't ask, don't tell' snake dance we have had to do in the past. :D

Maybe the 3rd time's the charm. PPC CSRs were telling people that iPhones were allowed at least two other times in the past, which was documented on HoFo by multiple forum members. Since Denny is posting it this time, maybe it's finally for real!

The don't ask don't tell iPhone policy has worked well for a long time. Let's hope this official announcement doesn't change that, especially now that iPhone 5 phones can be modified relatively easily to work on PPC!
That was more of a certain dealer email announcement issue than it was a "PP CSR telling" issue. As we all know PP CSR's have been known to give misinformation forever, so we never really trust it now do we? But I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest yet again, as it seems you have "a serious mental deficiency when it comes to that subject." Touche. :buddies:* (see note)

Your point about DennyScher announcing it here is spot on though! That's why this forum has a rumor thread for these kind of things UNTIL it is officially announced from an OFFICIAL PP source which we are fortunate enough to have here at hofo. PP Dealers, as we all have seen in the past, are NOT a trustworthy official source for this type of information (or much of any info for that matter, as it's all skewed toward profits. But that's a discussion for another thread). Thank you DennyScher for your valuable official input here at Howard Forums!

*Note: Quoted from Boz1 post http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ncheap!-please-help!!?p=15133566#post15133566
"Yeah. tracnet has a serious mental deficiency when it comes to that subject"

Last edited:
"Yawn!" That's nice Denny. Still waiting for Page Plus Moto G(no flashing required).

Nice of VzW to finally give PP official permission to allow these. (Although obviously they weren't that upset about it, since blocking activations would have been trivial.)

But yeah, wake me up when PP starts selling a phone that isn't bottom-end junk. When your most modern phone is a ChinaTech running ICS with 4GB of storage, for which you want the same price as a Retail Moto G, you have a problem.

^^^
What he said. I was using an iPhone 4 on PP two days after the iP4 camout on VZW back in 2011

This is good news. Thanks Denny.

Nice of VzW to finally give PP official permission to allow these. (Although obviously they weren't that upset about it, since blocking activations would have been trivial.)

But yeah, wake me up when PP starts selling a phone that isn't bottom-end junk. When your most modern phone is a ChinaTech running ICS with 4GB of storage, for which you want the same price as a Retail Moto G, you have a problem.

^^ This! Well, that and being limited to 3G is seeing to me leaving PP in a few weeks.

via the HoFo App

iPhone 4s from MOBILE KARMS

I am getting ready to retire my Droid X and have been looking at iPhones
on MOBILE KARMA.
I am seeking info about which one to choose as I don't want to spend the money
only to have it not be the correct phone. I see some iPhones listed as VERIZON CDMA,
then I see some listed as: iPhone 4S also comes equipped with quadband GSM, CDMA, and WCDMA modes for international use.
The 'quadband' is the ones I am looking into but I need to know if it is safe to buy/will it work
on PagePlus as I don't know much about 'quadband'. I understand 'quadband' means that it has
been set up to work on the various networks but do I need a CDMA specific only iPhone
or will the 'quadband' be ok for PagePlus? :help:
Also can some one chime in about MOBILE KARMA, will I get a decent product.
Can the iPhone be rooted or does it not need rooting as I had rooted my Droid X and
enjoy the benefits of rooting it.
Thanks for any input :)

I am getting ready to retire my Droid X and have been looking at iPhones
on MOBILE KARMA.
I am seeking info about which one to choose as I don't want to spend the money
only to have it not be the correct phone. I see some iPhones listed as VERIZON CDMA,
then I see some listed as: iPhone 4S also comes equipped with quadband GSM, CDMA, and WCDMA modes for international use.
The 'quadband' is the ones I am looking into but I need to know if it is safe to buy/will it work
on PagePlus as I don't know much about 'quadband'. I understand 'quadband' means that it has
been set up to work on the various networks but do I need a CDMA specific only iPhone
or will the 'quadband' be ok for PagePlus? :help:
Also can some one chime in about MOBILE KARMA, will I get a decent product.
Can the iPhone be rooted or does it not need rooting as I had rooted my Droid X and
enjoy the benefits of rooting it.
Thanks for any input :)
To work on PPC, it should be a Vzw iPhone 4S.

I am unaware of any quadband phone that includes CDMA. Can you post a link to what you're seeing?

To work on PPC, it should be a Vzw iPhone 4S.

I am unaware of any quadband phone that includes CDMA. Can you post a link to what you're seeing?
Go to 'OVERVIEW' and under 'Product description' it list spec's
I am aware that it needs to be VERIZON and I believe all the phones I am looking at are VERIZON specific,
some of the phones are listed as VERIZON CDMA and then others are listed as just VERIZON, which is why I question.

Thank you for your input.

http://www.mobilekarma.com/p-13722-apple-iphone-4s-16gb-3g-ios-black-verizon.aspx

Ok. As long as it is specified as a Vzw iPhone 4S, and that is what you receive, it will work on PPC with no modifications required. The Vzw iPhone 4S is a global phone, and if the GSM slot has been unlocked by Vzw before it was removed form the Vzw service, you can use a local SIM card when visiting another country.

Ok thanks.
Last question, would you consider MOBILE KARMA a safe way to go?
I have looked around various sources for an iPhone 4s and the price
at MOBILE KARMA seems about the norm.

Your biggest concerns buying a used Verizon iPhone will be 1) is it locked to an iCloud account, 2) is it added to an iCloud account, 3) is it still active on a Verizon account, 4) is it still tied to a Verizon contract, and 5) is it on Verizon's stolen/blacklist list. 1) and 2) are iPhone problems. 3)-5) can happen with any used phone. I've tried several times to purchase an iPhone from dealers. I've run into 1), 2), and 3). I think some dealers buy them and let the buyer sort them out. Can't say what Mobile Karma's strategy is.

I know lots of people buy from and are happy with Mobile Karma. But if at all possible, I avoid these mass resellers. If I were going to buy an iPhone 4S, I'd try to find one on eBay being sold by the original owner.

Back