Is there some trick to make the screen brighter than maximum brightness?

Ad Above Message List

Relztrah

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
back on Tello after a long hiatus
I have an old iPhone 6S that I want to use in the car as a iPod to listen to podcasts. Through the years the backlight has grown dim and I can only see the screen at night. Brightness is already to the max and night shift is turned off.

Is there some app or hack that will allow me to see the screen better? I use a bright yellow wallpaper which works best. I don't think changing the wallpaper will help.

Any ideas?

You could try to see about getting a screen replacement, but I doubt Apple will have one available for that model iPhone. Such components have a limited, useful life. Some phones last longer than others. The other option is to get a newer iPhone.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I have an old iPhone 6S that I want to use in the car as a iPod to listen to podcasts. Through the years the backlight has grown dim and I can only see the screen at night. Brightness is already to the max and night shift is turned off.

Is there some app or hack that will allow me to see the screen better? I use a bright yellow wallpaper which works best. I don't think changing the wallpaper will help.

Any ideas?

You could try turning off auto brightness if it is on in Settings - > Accessibility -> Display & Text Size -> Scroll to bottom

You could also try a "reset all settings".

one.jpg -------------two.PNG

Info here about what that does.

See bottom post.

Back