JUST Bought an MPx220 at Best Buy!!

eurotrashboy

Carrier(s)
Cingular
Device(s)
Treo 750v (w/Cingular ROM)
I just came back from the Best Buy in San Marcos, California(North County San Diego) with a brand new MPx220!!! They had 10 when I was there tonight(now down to 9)...I didn't think twice about buying it.

The phones ARE unlcoked and work perfectly with my T-Mobile sim card.

Haven't even gotten a chance to play around with it.

I'll be posting pics within the next hour...:)

Great what was the pricing like??? Can't wait to see the pics

You make me sick, but in a good way. My problem is I have to get 2 one for my wife and then one for me.

ridinlow said:
Great what was the pricing like??? Can't wait to see the pics

$349.99 w/contract
$499.99 w/o contract

I got it for $349.99 w/o contract! There was a glitch in their computer or something but I am very lucky, the girl working there said "you're in luck it's not adding the extra $150 for some reason".

And just remembered I can't post pics because I don't have server space...but I'll see if I can get something up by tonight.

Did you say unlocked???? SWEET!!!!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the price w/o the contract?:D

Wow thats awesome...I'm going to stop by my local store tomorrow and see if they have them in yet...When you take pics can you take a pic of the screen with your T-Mobile SIM in to confirm that it is unlocked?

Thanks

Forget my post above. We must have been typing at the same.

ridinlow said:
Wow thats awesome...I'm going to stop by my local store tomorrow and see if they have them in yet...When you take pics can you take a pic of the screen with your T-Mobile SIM in to confirm that it is unlocked?

Thanks

Hey ridinlow! Are you thinking about getting one and popping in that ATTWS sim card? I know I am.

Congrats on the purchase!

I have a couple of questions for ya...

1) How is the camera quality? Has it improved at all from earlier rom's?

2) Video recorder quality. How is it?

3) Battery life. Please let us know how long you get for talk & standby.

Most important question:

What firmware version do you have and is it Cingular customized?

lagrangeboy said:
Hey ridinlow! Are you thinking about getting one and popping in that ATTWS sim card? I know I am.

If it is unlocked then yes I am....If not then I may wait until the AWS version comes out :rolleyes:

I would happily post pictures showing the T-Mobile on the screen for those nonbelievers, except I don't have any server space--but I repeat it IS unlocked...both SIM and browser unlcoked. Everything works perfectly with T-Mobile. But if anyone is willing to host it, I'll gladly post some pictures.:)

I honestly have just had it in my possession for an hour, haven't had a chance to play with it too much but I will definitely post some more details later tonight once I've gotten a chance to play with it.

1) I haven't transfered any pictures taken with the cam to my PC yet, but they look pretty better on screen. From my initial impressions they look to be better than what I've previously seen(but not as good as the pics on the S700...)
2) When I turned the phone on first, it had one bar of battery and now it's charging so I haven't had a chance to test out battery. But will have a full report on that tomorrow once I get a full charge in.

I did get around to play with the voice recognition though and I must say it is VERY impressive. This is possibly the best voice recognition on any smartphone that I have used to date(though from what I hear the V3 is better). Without having to program it at all, you can just speak any of your contacts and it automatically recognizes the contact...or you can just say the number.

ROM Version:

It does have a cingular logo below the keypad and is software customized for Cingular(ie: on the home screen it has a shortcut for "xpress mail" with the cingular logo).

First, I'll gladly host anything you want. Send me a PM.

Second, could you be more specific on the rom version?

On my MPX220 I have:

Rom update version:
Operator: 0.40.1001.0
Manufacturer: 0.326.0.0
Microsoft: 4.21.14256.0
Language: 0.130.0.0
File System: 4.21.14256

Thanks!

eurotrashboy said:
I would happily post pictures showing the T-Mobile on the screen for those nonbelievers, except I don't have any server space--but I repeat it IS unlocked...both SIM and browser unlcoked. Everything works perfectly with T-Mobile. But if anyone is willing to host it, I'll gladly post some pictures.:)

I honestly have just had it in my possession for an hour, haven't had a chance to play with it too much but I will definitely post some more details later tonight once I've gotten a chance to play with it.

1) I haven't transfered any pictures taken with the cam to my PC yet, but they look pretty better on screen. From my initial impressions they look to be better than what I've previously seen(but not as good as the pics on the S700...)
2) When I turned the phone on first, it had one bar of battery and now it's charging so I haven't had a chance to test out battery. But will have a full report on that tomorrow once I get a full charge in.

I did get around to play with the voice recognition though and I must say it is VERY impressive. This is possibly the best voice recognition on any smartphone that I have used to date(though from what I hear the V3 is better). Without having to program it at all, you can just speak any of your contacts and it automatically recognizes the contact...or you can just say the number.

ROM Version:

It does have a cingular logo below the keypad and is software customized for Cingular(ie: on the home screen it has a shortcut for "xpress mail" with the cingular logo).

what comes in the box??? and did they fix the camera quality??

I told you they had ten ;) Though, the BB guy told me they wouldn't get them until tomorrow. :(

ROM update versions:
Operator: 0.180.1003.0
Manufacturer: 0.325.0.0
Language: 0.120.0.0

I can't find the USB cable to my digi-cam right now, but would gladly post some bad quality pics taken with my P900's camera.

eurotrashboy said:
ROM update versions:
Operator: 0.180.1003.0
Manufacturer: 0.325.0.0
Language: 0.120.0.0

I can't find the USB cable to my digi-cam right now, but would gladly post some bad quality pics taken with my P900's camera.

Odd, I have a newer firmware! Oh well... My camera sucks on this phone. Hopefully yours is better.

pics..

Last edited:
Here's one taken with my P900 for now....
49760053.jpg

I took some sample pics with the camera to test it out. The bad news is it's still terrible. The flash is useless--in most cases it just makes the picture green.

Some sample pics:
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40dc8dd0_12f0c/bc/DSC_00005.jpg?bf7tjZBB6c5D74xq
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40dc8dd0_12f0c/bc/DSC_00007.jpg?bf7tjZBBo4jh..LZ

Another disappointment is the volume. I can barely hear the person speaking on the other end with volume up all the way. The person on the other end also had issues hearing me.

Other than volume and the camera, everything else is great for now.

Last edited:
Back