Keyboard not auto closing.

jbird68

Carrier(s)
Verizon
Device(s)
Pantech Crux
I just got the Edge plus 2023. When using the keyboard on my old phone I was able to cancel out the keyboard by tapping anywhere on the screen above it. Now I have to manually close the keyboard before I can change fields or even send a message. Tapping on the screen does nothing and I have to close the keyboard before tapping on send. I've looked in the keyboard settings and come up with no fix.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

"Keyboard not auto closing"
You say your keyboard won`t close in your auto? :lolup:

Since I don't use or have access to the phone in question, a few suggestions would be to check your phone manual, do an internet search for the issue, ask the store where you bought it, or check with the phone manufacturer.

I just got the Edge plus 2023. When using the keyboard on my old phone I was able to cancel out the keyboard by tapping anywhere on the screen above it. Now I have to manually close the keyboard before I can change fields or even send a message. Tapping on the screen does nothing and I have to close the keyboard before tapping on send. I've looked in the keyboard settings and come up with no fix.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Touch the ->| button at the bottom right of the keyboard. That will jump to the next field. You can also touch the Back button on the phone to dismiss the keyboard. The keyboard will come back when you set the cursor at a spot where keyboard entry can be used.

It's like bobdevnul said.

When I'm writing and want the keypad to exit so I can see the whole screen, I tap the back button at the bottom of the screen.

If I want the keypad to return, I touch the screen and it pops up again.

If you're using swipe commands instead of the virtual back and home buttons, I'm not familiar with the swipe method.

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Back