Koodo Koodo is getting Blackberries

Ad Above Message List
:O

Good thing I didn't buy the Banter on a whim like I was going to!

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
ok...i can understand when a user is unable to find an existing thread on the same topic using the search function.
but when the thread at the top of the forum was "BlackBerry 8530" i think it is kind of obvious where information such as this should be posted.

:doh:

Last edited:
ziggystardust13 said:
:O

Good thing I didn't buy the Banter on a whim like I was going to!

I`m one of them that got the Banter a few days ago. Actually it`s a great phone for 125 bucks and knowing Koodo, the Blackberry will probably take forever to come to fruition.

It`s an interesting bit of info re: Blackberries.

do you know when these will go on sale and when they will offer up plans for these?

Fido had a page like that way before they ever launched blackberries, so it could be a long while before Koodo launches blackberries. Also keep in mind, this could be a page for Koodos own employees ( as in executives and such), that i am sure use blackberries. So in other words, this could be for internal and not external use. I do hope Koodo will launch blackberries, however, just wanted to share that just in case, since no one has mentioned it yet.

Hassan_Issa said:
Fido had a page like that way before they ever launched blackberries, so it could be a long while before Koodo launches blackberries. Also keep in mind, this could be a page for Koodos own employees ( as in executives and such), that i am sure use blackberries. So in other words, this could be for internal and not external use. I do hope Koodo will launch blackberries, however, just wanted to share that just in case, since no one has mentioned it yet.

Indeed, Fido had the http://fido.blackberry.com page running for YEARS before they ever decided to launch blackberries for the general public. And yes, it was for Fido employees and RIM testing purposes. In fact, there were no plans to release Fido blackberries during those years.

Yeah you are correct
but fido had blackberry connect for awhile as well
for koodo exec's and stuff And fido was different fido was a testing network for RIM which koodo isn't so that is different
they use Telus phones
I'm pretty sure koodo has to have blackberries to stay in line with fido solo virgin brands. So I think it will be in the next few months but that's my 2 cents

As for the finding the thread for the blackberry . This was a more confirmation that koodo would get blackberries sinc

Wirelessly posted (BB Tour 9630: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

cellphoneSTAR said:
Yeah you are correct
but fido had blackberry connect for awhile as well
for koodo exec's and stuff And fido was different fido was a testing network for RIM which koodo isn't so that is different
they use Telus phones
I'm pretty sure koodo has to have blackberries to stay in line with fido solo virgin brands. So I think it will be in the next few months but that's my 2 cents

As for the finding the thread for the blackberry . This was a more confirmation that koodo would get blackberries sinc

Maybe you could try including a bit more punctuation in your next post. That was painful to read.

Needless to say, if they aren't getting any special phones for awhile i will cancel.

I've waited for the so called "sims" to come out, nothing.
"Blackberries" ?? Really? I like koodo, i really do, but my samsung slyde makes me angry .
And i tried every other phone. (Including the banter) , none float my boat, i needs me a smartphone (without a data plan, but one would be nice.)

Kayen said:
Needless to say, if they aren't getting any special phones for awhile i will cancel.

"Blackberries" ?? Really? I like koodo, i really do, but my samsung slyde makes me angry .
And i tried every other phone. (Including the banter) , none float my boat, i needs me a smartphone (without a data plan, but one would be nice.)
Bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. So funny. You are hilarious man! Bravo! :buddies:

fooledme said:
Bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. So funny. You are hilarious man! Bravo! :buddies:
I try my best.
However i'll be patient this time !
I mean it took me 15 years to hit puberty, now i'm still waiting for adulthood, so i suppose a new phone can wait.

Also i wonder hwo koodo's data rates will be ?

Kayen said:

We're waiting for Koodo to get on Telus' HSPA network and start selling SIM cards as well. I'm willing to wait until Wind launches in Vancouver and stabilizes its network. At that point, if Koodo is still stuck in the 20th century, my son's next phone will either be a UMTS AWS phone on Wind, or a UMTS band II/V phone on Fido.

Either Telus/Koodo has something special up its sleeve to surprise us with, or they're willing to let the Koodo brand die a slow death.

any rumors on a launch date for the blackberry? i need a new phone but am trying to hold out till these come out

Too bad nothing happened today, some rumours said Koodo would start selling them today. Oh well, off to TELUS I go! :crying:

Hmm, with the text saying they're revising the data pricing, and looking at the price on the internet, seems to indicate they will be indeed be receiving blackberries soon.

Back