Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 E 6920 sounds warbly.

BM Mann

Reception is good. I can hear fine. Some people tell me I sound warbly or garbled when I talk to them. I turn a little bit and they say better. It seems to come and go. I am a bit on the fringe side of a tower area. I am getting good bars. (2-5) Phone is on the latest updates. AT&T carrier. If I am outside the house it seems to gt better. The some ask if I turned. Mostly no or a slight movement.

It is a durable phone and I like it. So I hate to get a new one.
Any ideas?

How old is the phone? Which carrier? New issue or long-term issue?

I think that model phone was first released in 2018 but I don't know how long you have had yours. The phone does support 4G data, but not 4G voice and uses 3G for voice instead. The carriers in the US have stopped selling this model phone at least since 2019, newer handsets support both LTE for data (which your phone does support) and VOLTE for voice (which your phone does not support). Your older voice signal will only get worse so I suggest that you get a newer 4G device that supports both LTE/VOLTE or a 5G phone. There are several budget 5G phones available, so feel free to ask about specific models once you confirm your carrier. The older 3G technology for voice is slowly being phased out/replaced with newer 4G/5G networks. I hope that helps.

AT&T carrier... phone is about 3? years old. (at least for me.) Might have been a long term issue. Some people mention it more than others. Like I said a fringe area so the towers out here are newer. (which means newer technology)

It sounds like you know a lot more than me on this. The phone uses LTE, but maybe like you said not for voice. If they are phasing out my voice technology it would be a good idea to upgrade. I really like this phone because of durability without a bulky case. I do construction and repairs so I am rough on anything in my pockets. Things I would look for in a phone... Wireless charging, durable phone, Android, Medium size screen,Decent price Refurbed or new. (under $250??) I think I looked at Cat phones before this one. Prices were high and not comparable with my network back then. (I was with T mobile back then and all they wanted to do was push a new I Phone)

Thanks for your help.

Ironically, there was a remake of a newer RAZR phone. It was not from the original Motorola brand (the original Motorola sold their cell phone division to another company, along with the brand name), that supported 4G/5G technology a few years ago. I found the product link to the 2023 model:

https://www.motorola.com/us/smartph...ates&cjevent=4b79875beade11ee80c100160a82b82c

It was not cheap and the base 2023 model started @ $699.00.

Serial port...

I appreciate the info... Not a fan of the Razr. Not sure why this website put that next to my name. I seen that earlier and though it might be a nick name for the new people.

I am looking along the line of this... This is just a quick link I grabbed... Cat S41/s48 Something waterproof and durable. Something with FLIR would be sweet, but that jumps way out of my price range. (I do know they have add ons for it. )

OK forum won't let me post a link... Go to Amazon and type in B08D11MF34

(Serial port) Forum would not even let me reply with your quote, because it had a link in it.

Just FYI, often users are not able to post product links to prevent potential SPAM/self-promotion according to the forum rules. You can post the phone name/model and it can be searched from a different internet window if needed. I don't think that the 2 Cat models mentioned have 4G voice either. Try an internet search for "rugged At&t phones" and you should find current, compatible models.

Just FYI, often users are not able to post product links to prevent potential SPAM/self-promotion according to the forum rules. You can post the phone name/model and it can be searched from a different internet window if needed. I don't think that the 2 Cat models mentioned have 4G voice either. Try an internet search for "rugged At&t phones" and you should find current, compatible models.

I understand the rookie status. I thought it was odd it would not let me quote you. A learning thing... I will look over phones. Thx

I think that model phone was first released in 2018 but I don't know how long you have had yours. The phone does support 4G data, but not 4G voice and uses 3G for voice instead.

Sorry Serial but again I don't know where you get your info but the Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 E 6920 has VoLTE. And was released in 2019.

OP. have your tried it away from home? If you're on the fringe that can sometimes cause the issue.

Sorry Serial but again I don't know where you get your info but the Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 E 6920 has VoLTE. And was released in 2019.

OP. have your tried it away from home? If you're on the fringe that can sometimes cause the issue.

I have used it on the road several times and heard the same thing. I need to remember to call the same people and ask them how it sounds when I am in town.

I have a similar backup phone. Maybe I can do a sim swap and try the other one.

I have done some net searching and don't seem to see anyone reporting the same problem.

After searching for phones for 2 hours... I think I would rather buy clothes for my wife. Haha

I look at Amazon for ideas and type in AT&T rugged phones and first one to pop up is my Duroforce Pro 2.

I tried the phone in town (different tower) and was told it sounds the same. (just as bad) Of course I can hear excellent. Just people cannot hear me very well.

I tried the phone in town (different tower) and was told it sounds the same. (just as bad) Of course I can hear excellent. Just people cannot hear me very well.

Definitely sounds like a phone hardware issue.

Ok, I have another Duroforce pro 2 but it is the E6910 model and shows verison. I tried the Sim and it does not work. Guessing that is a model that will not work on AT&T s network. Not sure if it needs unlocked or just not AT&T compatable. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Just stumbling through the info on the problem phone... It shows mobile voice network LTE and mobile data network LTE.

The IMEI must pass the AT&T checker or it will not work on ATT's network.

Same with Cricket, but that is usually more restrictive

Ok, I have another Duroforce pro 2 but it is the E6910 model and shows verison. I tried the Sim and it does not work. Guessing that is a model that will not work on AT&T s network. Not sure if it needs unlocked or just not AT&T compatable. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Even though it has all the bells and whistles it's no longer on the ATT whitelist.

Kyocera
• DuraForce Pro 2 (E6920)
• DuraForce Pro (E6820)
• DuraForce* (E6560)
• DuraForce XD (E6790)
• Dura XE* (E4710)
• Dura XE Epic (E4830)
• DuraXA Equip (E4831)

I found some nice Doogee phones. Never heard of them before, but AT&T does not list them.

The real whitelist is passing the IMEI checker.

The PDF is not wholly accurate, I consider it a guideline

The real whitelist is passing the IMEI checker.

The PDF is not wholly accurate, I consider it a guideline

I can agree... But hate to buy just to find out the AT&T is not happy with it.

I don't see much in the AT&T lineup (on their website not the PDF) that matches what I want.

Back