Verizon LG Exalt VN220 starts vibrating at random times.

Shal0m

Carrier(s)
VZW
Device(s)
iPhone SE 2016 64Gb
My wife's Exalt VN220 has begun turning on the vibration for no apparent reason. Only way to stop it is to pull the battery, and even then if you put it back in it starts vibrating again, even with the phone shut off. Obviously this makes the phone unpleasant to carry, and moreover drains the battery very quickly. Sometimes it stops by itself, sometimes it doesn't.

Verizon's tech support is like :confused: have no idea why this is happening. They suggested a full reset, this didn't seem to do anything. They also didn't know you can back it up through the USB cable (there's an option buried three or four levels deep that changes the USB port to a file manager, that lets you download all the pictures and other stuff in there, but it's in a non-obvious place). We haven't yet done a wipe and reinstall, that's the last step, but does anyone know if that's going to work?

Or if not, does anyone still sell this phone? I've seen it on the 'bay, but they want more money than an iPhone of similar vintage and much higher capacity. Not going to pay north of $200 for a flip phone.

My wife's Exalt VN220 has begun turning on the vibration for no apparent reason. Only way to stop it is to pull the battery, and even then if you put it back in it starts vibrating again, even with the phone shut off. Obviously this makes the phone unpleasant to carry, and moreover drains the battery very quickly. Sometimes it stops by itself, sometimes it doesn't.

Verizon's tech support is like :confused: have no idea why this is happening. They suggested a full reset, this didn't seem to do anything. They also didn't know you can back it up through the USB cable (there's an option buried three or four levels deep that changes the USB port to a file manager, that lets you download all the pictures and other stuff in there, but it's in a non-obvious place). We haven't yet done a wipe and reinstall, that's the last step, but does anyone know if that's going to work?

Or if not, does anyone still sell this phone? I've seen it on the 'bay, but they want more money than an iPhone of similar vintage and much higher capacity. Not going to pay north of $200 for a flip phone.

Chances are you got the upper PCB board Wet. And it needs to be replaced. Once there's water in that area where the Vibrator is. You can cause it to go haywire. So either a new Vibrator or upper PCB board is needed. Should you want a guys number to repair it. Feel free to reach out to me.

Back