lWhere Do You Purchase DATA ?

Depending on the amount of data you need, it's generally just cheaper to buy an unlimited monthly plan with TF instead of the 1GB/$10 add on.

$25 gives you 3GB ($8.33/GB)
$30 gives you 4GB ($7.50/GB)
$40 gives you 8GB ($5.00/GB)

And besides you get 30 days of service extra with each (yes, your regular expiration date gets extended), and unlimited text and minutes for 30 days at no extra cost. You don't lose your regular minutes and texts. The data doesn't have to be used within those 30 days, it carries over even if you don't put the same extra unlimited plan at the end (you can combine them), as long as you add something and avoid from reaching the expiration date.

That's what I've been doing lately with one of my TF accounts that needed 2 to 4GB of data every month. Adding only add-on data was getting too expensive. I'd rather pay $40 per 8GB and keep those alive for two or three months even if I don't need the unlimited minutes/texts. Cheaper than paying $80 bucks.

TF should offer more options for data add-ons with more GBs at a reduced price per GB.

I usually purchase from Target using a RedCard but only when on sale and get a double discount. Spend $50 get $5 off or buy one, get one 10% off are the usual sales and then get another 5% off using the RedCard.

Just noticed a change in Airtime Add-ons Special Offers. The former $8 for 1 GB data has been changed to $7 for 500 MB. That is quite a reduction in value, so I just got the standard $10 for 1 GB.

Depending on the amount of data you need, it's generally just cheaper to buy an unlimited monthly plan with TF instead of the 1GB/$10 add on.

And besides you get 30 days of service extra with each (yes, your regular expiration date gets extended), and unlimited text and minutes for 30 days at no extra cost. You don't lose your regular minutes and texts. The data doesn't have to be used within those 30 days, it carries over even if you don't put the same extra unlimited plan at the end (you can combine them), as long as you add something and avoid from reaching the expiration date.

That's what I've been doing lately with one of my TF accounts that needed 2 to 4GB of data every month. Adding only add-on data was getting too expensive. I'd rather pay $40 per 8GB and keep those alive for two or three months even if I don't need the unlimited minutes/texts. Cheaper than paying $80 bucks.

TF should offer more options for data add-ons with more GBs at a reduced price per GB.

This is GREAT INFO! Thank you so much for your well-written post that clearly explains the thought process behind your method!

And besides you get 30 days of service extra with each (yes, your regular expiration date gets extended), and unlimited text and minutes for 30 days at no extra cost. You don't lose your regular minutes and texts.

I know that's supposed to be true, but I feel like I've read about people having trouble with stuff disappearing when they tried to switch back and forth between the unlimited and the buckets.

Is that true? You can go in and for just one month buy the unlimited plan, then do nothing and it will revert back while keeping your balances, and extending you expiration date by 30 days?
That would make any of the add ons quite the bad deal in comparison.

Is that true? You can go in and for just one month buy the unlimited plan, then do nothing and it will revert back while keeping your balances, and extending you expiration date by 30 days?
That would make any of the add ons quite the bad deal in comparison.
The normal PAYGO structure always was designed to be only worthwhile for light users.

If that is you, but for the next month or two you will be a heavier user then yes layering a temporary UNL plan on top makes sense.

But if your usage is not so predictable and you prefer units that roll over indefinitely then sticking to PAYGO is better value.

Nice to have choices.

But my Mint at $15/mo for 22GB UNL T&T is better than anything TF offers for my main "outside daily driver" phone.

And Visible for my 600-800GB/mo family gaming / media files downloading.

And TMO business reseller line for the regular home router WiFi.

Horses for courses...

The normal PAYGO structure always was designed to be only worthwhile for light users.

If that is you, but for the next month or two you will be a heavier user then yes layering a temporary UNL plan on top makes sense.

But if your usage is not so predictable and you prefer units that roll over indefinitely then sticking to PAYGO is better value.

Nice to have choices.

But my Mint at $15/mo for 22GB UNL T&T is better than anything TF offers for my main "outside daily driver" phone.

Horses for courses...

How do you get 22gb of data on the Mint $15 U plan? I have the $15 plan and only get 4gb.

Nice to have choices.

Horses for courses...

Yeah ... During July / August we go on camping trips. That's when my usage spikes. In the past, I have purchased a net10 hotspot for that time.
Now, a $40 plan with 8GB sounds awesome, if I can safely add that to my PayGo plan for these two summer months. Looks like the $40 plan also allows using the phone as a hotspot, right?

It appears the data will last 2 months if you buy it on a paygo plan. The first month your paygo plan will be converted to unlimited talk+text + however many GB you bought. At the end of the month, it goes back to the paygo balances you had before buying the unlimited plan. However, any GB's that are left from the monthly plan will remain in a Carryover state and be available for another month.

Back