Major headache upgrading from iPhone 12 mini to iPhone 14 using esim

bkdarts

Carrier(s)
T-mobile, TF
Device(s)
s22 ultra, iPhone mini12, tcl a3, iPhone se1 and se2
Has anyone successfully upgraded an active TF brand service to an iPhone 14 using esim? (bc that's all it has). How did you achieve this seemingly impossible feat..(according to cs)
My son has a SafeLink line with a mini 12 on it. I got him an iPhone 14 and want to move his current SafeLink plan from the 12 to the 14... Been on the phone with CS for 2 days and they are clueless. Case after case with no results. Won't work online in either tf or sl....they aren't able to do anything using "their tools"... And this is corporate talking.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using HoFo mobile app

Has anyone successfully upgraded an active TF brand service to an iPhone 14 using esim? (bc that's all it has). How did you achieve this seemingly impossible feat..(according to cs)
My son has a SafeLink line with a mini 12 on it. I got him an iPhone 14 and want to move his current SafeLink plan from the 12 to the 14... Been on the phone with CS for 2 days and they are clueless. Case after case with no results. Won't work online in either tf or sl....they aren't able to do anything using "their tools"... And this is corporate talking.

“ Won’t work on line “

Did you try,

Activate
BYOF
Keep number
And so on

Yes.. a dozen times on both tracfones website and safelinks website... just got transferred from Corp to safelink "higher dept" tech person who stated esim doesn't work at all on safelink

Reddit forums say otherwise but don't say exactly how to do it..

I'm just moving the service from one phone to the other..

Yes phone is all set up waiting for service transfer-- cloned old mini 12

1, did you set up the 14 with a transfer from the 12, phones next to each other.

2. When you tried to activate online, did it go all the way to the activation screen, if not how far did you get.

I set it up side by side initially then by restoring from a PC backup of the mini 12 as directed

Activating online tfs website gives this error

The phone number provided is not active. Please reactivate your service in order to complete your number transfer.

Safelinks website accepts the IMEI then the site puts a checkmark next to it and won't proceed

So on the TF account you obviously see the phone number, and its active,

so when you try to activate online with BYOF and you choose keep number does the number pop up to choose or are you getting that error.

Yes the SafeLink account has been active for years and is currently working on the 12 mini.

The phone number itself is only used to verify ownership of the line from what I can tell, they want imeis or sim # to which I'm getting errors... Latest is csr help is required on SafeLink app

Doing a little research, you’re going to have to call Safe link, and ask for eSim support.

Don’t bother with Tracfone.

I have gone back and forth with a 12 and 14 with no problems, but you’re dealing with TF and SL.

Good Luck.

I'm going from SafeLink 12 to safelink 14.. I am calling SafeLink... It's the same staff doing all brands. In the past i called the total wireless corp number and got the same rep as I got calling the Tracfone number.

In fact when they check in for the day the computer assigns them a fake name. Filipino call centers cover half of American cs because its 70% cheaper. If you hear a chicken in the background that's them and I've personally heard it on more then just Tracfone cs calls.

They answer SafeLink then proceed to walk me through attempting the activation on the tf website.

When you say you've gone back and forth with a 12 and 14 is this all done psim to esim via the web using tf service?

I'll try asking for esim support specifically next time. I'm already 6 reps in and 2 hours on the phone and am at square 1.

First i went from 12 pSim to 14 eSim then went back to the 12 eSim, at the beginning of this week i went back to the 14, the only hiccup this time the eSim didn’t make it to the phone,

what i figured out was, since i use the same apple id on both phones it kept thinking i was doing a side by side transfer, which TF doesn’t support, i logged out of the 12 then called corp and had them push the eSim again.

Done online every time, this last time it went thru the process and showed on my account that the transfer was activated, just never got the eSim like i said above.

Regular phone number support are clueless.

Do you have an actual Tracfone account showing the Safelink number ?

You mean merge the mini 12 SafeLink line to my actual Tracfone account?

You mean merge the mini 12 SafeLink line to my actual Tracfone account?

Since i know nothing about Safelink, sounds like it’s not on a TF account, and i’m guessing you have a Safelink account set up to check the status of the line. not sure if there would be a problem adding it to your active TF account, i would wait and see if anybody chimes in that has a TF account for their SL number.

On your SL account do you see anywhere to upgrade your device.

It won't allow merge or view to tf account bc it's registered and autofills on SafeLink.

Even on safelinks website or app you can't view the actual phone number as far as I know.. The only way to view usage is 611, the app, or online but it doesn't work like tracfones website. You cant manage lines, device, or see numbers or transactions...it's very limited.

As far as upgrading on the SafeLink website.. yes ... I've tried that it's a dead end ending in csr help is required.

Back