Many questions from a newbie

Yeah I don't what kinds of phones these TF branded HSN/QVC phones are (the old one and new bundle one) but in the case of Samsung for example you can check in Setting/About phone/status information/sim card status/ ICCID for the sim number.

Check the first 6 numbers. If 891480 for example this would indicate TF/Verizon which is what you would normally get with recent TF branded QVC/HSN bundle phones.

Last edited:
Do your old and new phone use the same carrier through TF? Can you check the first 6 digits of the SIM number of each phone to make sure they're the same? If they're the same, the ACTIVATE WITH A TRANSFER should be completed instantly. If they're different, then you're doing a cross-carrier transfer which takes longer, especially on non-business day because there's some manual intervention involved.
Yes the first 6 digits are the same. I'll try to explain exactly what's happening.

My service period transferred to the new phone and extended for a year after my original plan was set to expire, like it was supposed to. The data from my old plan (24GB) transferred but the 1.5GB from the new plan didn't combine. I can't check talk/text because it's just showing my original unlimited plan which is good for several more months.

Everything looks fine in My Account on the TF website. The new phone is listed as active with the correct number, and the only device. The TF app on my new phone shows my old phone's IMEI with a big red INACTIVE (earlier I must have mistakenly thought it was my new phone that said Inactive) and my new phone also looks fine in there as far as I can tell, but I can't make any calls or texts. I can use the data for web browsing on the new phone, though. The "About" section in my new phone's settings says my phone number is "Unknown" while my old phone's About still has my number associated with it. I'm getting "Activate Device" notifications every time I restart the new phone, but I can only go so far without being able to receive texts.

I've restarted all the phones many times, removed the sim and restarted, and reset network connections many times now.

Yeah I don't what kinds of phones these TF branded HSN/QVC phones are (the old one and new bundle one) but in the case of Samsung for example you can check in Setting/About phone/status information/sim card status/ ICCID for the sim number.

Check the first 6 numbers. If 891480 for example this would indicate TF/Verizon which is what you would normally get with recent TF branded QVC/HSN bundle phones.
Yes they're both 891480 sims, both TF bundle phones bought from QVC.

I'm not very well versed with the unlimited plans.. I had a lot of problems with them so I avoid them plus don't need them.

But i think the unlimited plan when combined with a paygo bucket plan normally always becomes primary and used first and the paygo buckets become secondary and go into a reserve or dormant state and only get used once the unlimited plan expires. At that point paygo buckets becomes primary.

I don't know how this would show in the account in terms of how the minutes text data buckets are visually displayed in the reserve.

As far as phone service not working or the QVC bundle bucket units not showing, you may need to contact support.
If you end up calling in, use the TF corp number not the regular number.

But maybe someone else has some better advice or suggestions.

Last edited:
Have you tried turning off the old phone and keep it off and then turn the new phone off, wait 5 minues, then turn new phone back on and then see if active and you can call?

Have you tried turning off the old phone and keep it off and then turn the new phone off, wait 5 minues, then turn new phone back on and then see if active and you can call?
I just tried, leaving the phone off for about 20 minutes. No luck. Calls "end" immediately after starting, and texts say "trouble sending"

I'll try to explain exactly what's happening.
Just some comments from me:
* As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when combining buckets with an Unlimited (UL) plan, the buckets are set aside and only used when the Unlimited plan expires. Sometimes you can see the bucket balances, sometimes you can't. I think the buckets from the new phone have been added to your account, you just can't see them. Forum members who actually use UL plan can chime in with their experience.
* The fact that your new phone shows its number as "Unknown" indicates that there was a problem when moving the phone number to your new phone. That's why you can't make/receive calls/texts. Sounds like help from a higher level in TF Support is needed.
* Your old phone will show its old phone number until its SIM is removed or reused. Transferring the number to another phone does not wipe out the phone number (stored on the SIM card) in About Phone.
* Can you explain more about the "I'm getting "Activate Device" notifications every time I restart the new phone..." ? In which form is the notification? A text? A display on the screen? Can you post a screenshot of that?

Just some comments from me:
* As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when combining buckets with an Unlimited (UL) plan, the buckets are set aside and only used when the Unlimited plan expires. Sometimes you can see the bucket balances, sometimes you can't. I think the buckets from the new phone have been added to your account, you just can't see them. Forum members who actually use UL plan can chime in with their experience.
* The fact that your new phone shows its number as "Unknown" indicates that there was a problem when moving the phone number to your new phone. That's why you can't make/receive calls/texts. Sounds like help from a higher level in TF Support is needed.
* Your old phone will show its old phone number until its SIM is removed or reused. Transferring the number to another phone does not wipe out the phone number (stored on the SIM card) in About Phone.
* Can you explain more about the "I'm getting "Activate Device" notifications every time I restart the new phone..." ? In which form is the notification? A text? A display on the screen? Can you post a screenshot of that?
So would you suggest I try Chat support, or the corporate number that tomseys provided?

I get the Spaceline sound notification, and a pop-up at the very top of my screen that goes away after a second, then the one in the dropdown in the picture, that takes me to the Tracfone app when I touch it..

Screenshot_20240421-101840.jpg

So would you suggest I try Chat support, or the corporate number that tomseys provided?

I get the Spaceline sound notification, and a pop-up at the very top of my screen that goes away after a second, then the one in the dropdown in the picture, that takes me to the Tracfone app when I touch it..

View attachment 174625
What happened when you touched Tap Here to Activate Your Device? Did it say it's going to send a text to the old phone? If it did, I don't know if the app is "smart" enough to send a text to an inactive phone. Forum members had posted that a rep can send a code to an inactive phone because technically its a push notification which goes to a particular device and it doesn't need the normal paid cell service.

If you still can't do it yourself, I'd recommend calling the corporate number during Miami business hours. Those reps have more authority and "tools", and they can send a verification code to the email address in your account.

BTW, I find it strange that your new phone can use Data when it has no phone number assigned to it. Are you sure it was using Data and not WiFi?

Do your old and new phone use the same carrier through TF? Can you check the first 6 digits of the SIM number of each phone to make sure they're the same? If they're the same, the ACTIVATE WITH A TRANSFER should be completed instantly. If they're different, then you're doing a cross-carrier transfer which takes longer, especially on non-business day because there's some manual intervention involved.
I did a Verizon to Verizon activate with transfer a couple of days ago, and it was not instant. On the website, the phone number, expiration, and buckets showed for the correct device when I clicked on Manage Lines, but below that information it said Inactive Device. When I clicked the second tab in that section on the website for Device, it said Activation in Progress. I rebooted several times, but it still took close to an hour. Sounds like my issue is different than the problem newblurt is having, but just wanted to highlight that it is not always instant.

If the data really is working, with it on and wifi off and able to browse the internet, I wonder if that could indicate some kind of apn or other 5G related problem issue. But i wonder if it needs to be activated first to get that far. Is there an apn listed? Is it VZWINTERNET?

That may be found in Settings/Connections/mobile networks/access point names if Samsung phone.

Last edited:
What happened when you touched Tap Here to Activate Your Device? Did it say it's going to send a text to the old phone? If it did, I don't know if the app is "smart" enough to send a text to an inactive phone. Forum members had posted that a rep can send a code to an inactive phone because technically its a push notification which goes to a particular device and it doesn't need the normal paid cell service.

If you still can't do it yourself, I'd recommend calling the corporate number during Miami business hours. Those reps have more authority and "tools", and they can send a verification code to the email address in your account.

BTW, I find it strange that your new phone can use Data when it has no phone number assigned to it. Are you sure it was using Data and not WiFi?
When I tap it, it opens up Chrome, which instantly opens my TF app to the My account Summary section. There is has my old phones IMEI with the red Inactive, and then the new phone beneath it. It's strange because something has changed, in that I don't think that the new phone (A15) was originally visible on the My Account Summary page. I think it was just the inactive IMEI of the old phone, and I must have tried activating that and gotten stuck at the texting part. I say that because there is no option to activate the new phone, and I don't think I would have tried activating the inactive IMEI if the new phone was visible like it is now. My memory is poor because apparently I did all this about 11 hours ago.

Apologies but I have no clue how to use thumbnails, or which alternate imagehost to use.

Here's what I see when I click the activate device notification -

1aScreenshot_20240421-111018[1].jpg

Here's when I click on the inactive phone IMEI, and see there is an option to activate.

2aScreenshot_20240421-111953[1].jpg

Here is when I click on the new phone -

3aScreenshot_20240421-111917[1].jpg

and here I'm using the Chrome browser using data after completely "forgetting" my wi-fi network.

4aScreenshot_20240421-112230[1].jpg

If the data really is working, with it on and wifi off and able to browse the internet, I wonder if that could indicate some kind of apn or other 5G related problem issue. But i wonder if it needs to be activated first to get that far. Is there an apn listed? Is it VZWINTERNET?

That may be found in Settings/Connections/mobile networks/access point names if Samsung phone.

yes VZWINTERNET

apnScreenshot_20240421-114415[1].jpg

I think i may just be off on that. Usually that is the correct apn for TF branded devices though occasionally some use tracfone.vzwentp. I've never had a device that did. I don't think that is the issue since your data works but I'm not sure. I remember when i changed to that apn my data no longer worked but my phone with hd calling still worked. It just was strange since in the past nothing would work.

Maybe it's just better to call in and they can check it and get the phone activated and calls and text working.

With this here:

Capture.JPG

It lists it as the current plan which i think indicates there is another plan... the buckets. Does it have a link there to a reserve or something similary named? I say that because on my lines which just have buckets it states "balance summary". Unless Unlimited plans always state Current plan even without other plans.

Last edited:
Capture.JPG

Is that the phone number.... yes I guess it is.

I think i may just be off on that. Usually that is the correct apn for TF branded devices though occasionally some use tracfone.vzwentp. I've never had a device that did. I don't think that is the issue since your data works but I'm not sure. I remember when i changed to that apn my data no longer worked but my phone with hd calling still worked. It just was strange since in the past nothing would work.

Maybe it's just better to call in and they can check it and get the phone activated and calls and text working.

With this here:

View attachment 174631

It lists it as the current plan which i think indicates there is another plan... the buckets. Does it have a link there to a reserve or something similary named? I say that because on my lines which just have buckets it states "balance summary". Unless Unlimited plans always state Current plan even without other plans.
I don't see anything that looks like what you're asking about.

that phone number you gave me had x3324 at the end. I don't know what that means. 😅

I don't see anything that looks like what you're asking about.

that phone number you gave me had x3324 at the end. I don't know what that means. 😅

It's just an extension. You enter it after you dial the main number and get the voice prompt that will request it.

But, I don't think the number is working now? When i call it it states the wireless customer you called is not available or somethin like that.

If it is working, dial the number, wait for prompt to say if you know your parties extenion, then enter 3324

The rep that answers should say something like thank you for calling the tracfone corporate office, i will be the manager assisting your call.

But like hpham said, maybe better to call Monday unless you are feeling adventurous. But still, the line has to work.

There are other numbers, but TF is weird lately, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I usually use that number.

Last edited:
The number I'm prompted to call is 1 800 867-7183, which comes up in google as TF HQ in Florida. but then I think I've heard to not call that number. Again, conflicting information really messes my head up so this is a bit of a nightmare. I have to keep reading this whole thread over and over just to keep everything straight.

yes, my phone number is blacked out
As far as I can tell, what the app is showing NOW is as correct as it can be:
* Your old phone is in INACTIVE status. The ACTIVATE button is for when you want to (re)activate it to transfer service from the new phone back to the old phone.
* The new phone is active and has a phone number tied to it.
* I think the Data Balance from the bundle is NOT supposed to be added to the Data Balance of the UL plan. They're kept separately because the Data of the UL plan needs to be used up within 30 days after the UL plan expires, while Data from the bundle will carry forward as long as the line is still active.

If you still cannot make/receive calls/texts as of now, then somehow your new phone couldn't connect to TF system to have the phone number pushed to its SIM. Just for grins, I guess you can try re-seating the SIM and see if it makes any difference.

P.S. the "As of" date/time that the app shows is GMT. Looks like you're in Eastern Time Zone. Your phone showed around 11AM but the app said 3:xx PM because during Daylight Savings Time the GMT is 4 hrs ahead of Eastern Time.

Last edited:
Back