Many questions from a newbie

Again, the Data bucket from PayGo will not combine with the later GB allocation from the UNL bundle.

It should not do so, by design, if it does that's a symptom of a glitch.
Yeah, that's what I've tried to commit to memory so I don't get confused about it in the future.

Just got off the phone with a CSR and the issue with MMS and WiFi Calling is now fixed. It took about 30 minutes, but most of that time was just waiting in a queue for a real tech support person to get to my issue. Jeez, though, that's a lot of issues to have. That support phone number is a life saver. No bots, just straight to an actual human being. At the end, he flubbed and said Thanks for choosing Straight Talk Wireless, which makes me wonder if he has to deal with problems for all the providers under the Verizon umbrella. If the processes are the same, I guess it doesn't matter.

The processes are only mostly the same

and yes the higher level call centers do deal with multiple brands at once

maybe all of them.

I don't envy them that job, the HoFo-educated customers at least are more clueful and I'm sure more patient than most...

Again, the Data bucket from PayGo will not combine with the later GB allocation from the UNL bundle.

It should not do so, by design, if it does that's a symptom of a glitch.
I had a PayGo plan with over 50 GB of data. I combined it with a year plan UTT with 24GB of data and both data amounts were combined into a single bucket with no differentiation.

I have not seen anything by TF which declares this a glitch.

I do agree that combining monthly UTT plans with PayGo may keep data buckets separately tracked.

Yes, I'm the one calling that instance (unique so far?) a glitch.

Obviously anything TF has to say about it is to be ignored

Yes, I'm the one calling that instance (unique so far?) a glitch.
You stated, "It should not do so, by design". Whose design?

Have you added a year unlimited plan to an account with an existing PayGo balance? If so, what happened?

What data points are you using to call it a glitch? How do you know that my result was not exactly what TF intended to have happen?

I had a PayGo plan with over 50 GB of data. I combined it with a year plan UTT with 24GB of data and both data amounts were combined into a single bucket with no differentiation.

I have not seen anything by TF which declares this a glitch.

I do agree that combining monthly UTT plans with PayGo may keep data buckets separately tracked.
was the resulting combined balance an unlimited talk and text ? or did it have the buckets of talk and text ?

was the resulting combined balance an unlimited talk and text ? or did it have the buckets of talk and text ?
The only thing that still showed as a bucket was data which combined the existing data plus the 24GB from the annual plan. It is unknown what will be left of the talk and text buckets once the year plan ends as I still will have days on the line. The account doesn't show any buckets of talk & text like it does when one adds a monthly unlimited T&T plan to a bucket plan. I'll just wait to see what happens at the end of the one year.

Just want some clarification as to whether I need to delete the inactive phone from my TF account before I transfer my mother's service to it. I would think so, but it won't let me delete the device through the website interface, the app, or chat support. Chat told to call the support line, which I'll do if it's actually necessary. I figure it is, but I didn't know if transferring her service to the phone would negate having to manually delete it from my account.

Just want some clarification as to whether I need to delete the inactive phone from my TF account before I transfer my mother's service to it. I would think so, but it won't let me delete the device through the website interface, the app, or chat support. Chat told to call the support line, which I'll do if it's actually necessary. I figure it is, but I didn't know if transferring her service to the phone would negate having to manually delete it from my account.

Is your Mothers line in the same account.

It's not necessary to delete the inactive line from your account. In order to transfer your mother's service to the inactive device.

For that, just follow the simple steps given in this post by hpham:

Is your Mothers line in the same account.
No, she has her own account.

It's not necessary to delete the inactive line from your account. In order to transfer your mother's service to the inactive device.

For that, just follow the simple steps given in this post by hpham:

Thanks for the reply and the link to hpham's post.

No, she has her own account.

I’ve always reactivated and kept my number within the same account.

Not sure about doing it with two different accounts.

You just ran across the wrong CSR, if you have to just go back on chat till you get the right CSR to delete the line.

I have five MyAccounts, lines from 2-4 people in each.

Just one lune per account makes things hard to manage

Back