MIFI Questions

rpz1

I asked these questions before over the months in other threads but never got a straight answer. Threads tend to get off the questions to other topis. Thanks in advance for your direct answers to these specific questions.

I have a Mifi 8800L which I bought from Verizon 3 years ago and has always been active on Verizon prepaid.

1. I've read that devices on Verizon prepaid unlock "automatically" after 60days, not just iPhones. I also read that MiFi's are never locked. What's the answer ?

2. If I want to upgrade my Mifi to a 5G model:
Can I just swap sims and Verizon will automatically update the device in my account?
Or must I do the change of device in My Account?
If I buy a device that comes with a sim, do I use that and do it all through MyAccount?

Any other things to be aware of, best practices?

I know how things work on the mvno's I have my cell phones on but Verizon prepaid can be a different animal.

Or if someone has a good Verizon prepaid number I can call to get answers that doesn't tell me I need to call from my Verizon phone.

Thanks again.

Which is exactly why I stated I was posting the link in case it could be helpful to others.

Dealing with MiFi questions can sometimes be a bit tricky, so I get where you're coming from. From what I've gathered, MiFi devices on Verizon prepaid tend to unlock automatically after 60 days, but it's always good to verify this on reliable sources like whocalled.co.uk for peace of mind.
As for upgrading to a 5G model, it's best to check if you can simply swap SIMs and have Verizon update your device automatically in your account. If not, you might need to make the change manually through My Account. If you're getting a new device with a SIM, using that and managing it through My Account could be the way to go.

Dealing with MiFi questions can sometimes be a bit tricky, so I get where you're coming from. From what I've gathered, MiFi devices on Verizon prepaid tend to unlock automatically after 60 days, but it's always good to verify this on reliable sources like whocalled.co.uk for peace of mind.
As for upgrading to a 5G model, it's best to check if you can simply swap SIMs and have Verizon update your device automatically in your account. If not, you might need to make the change manually through My Account. If you're getting a new device with a SIM, using that and managing it through My Account could be the way to go.

I originally started this thread and have since upgraded my Inseego LTE MIFI 8800l to an Inseego MiFi PRO 5G ULTRA WIDEBAND 3100.

A couple things I learned in the process.
1. The Inseegos are unlocked right out of the box.

2. Verizon shows both 5G Plans and 5G Plans specifically indicating for Ultra Wide.
It's always been my understanding and also on Verizons website that UW includes both c-band and mmwave.

My current plan was at the time not shown as one of the ones that indicate UW.
I asked CS if I could still stay on my current plan or would need one that says UW. They told me I can stay on my current plan and move my current LTE sim but I won't get UW 5G just regular 5G which I take as being LTE/5G DSS (aka NW5G). But I'd need a new plan for UW 5G. My current 5G plan was ok with me since I'm not a speed freak and am on the fringe of a c-band signal anyway.
I decided to use the 5G sim that came in the new MIFI and transfer my service to it, but I did not change my plan to one they call UW.
After activating I was floored to see 5GUW show in my display. Device shows it's aggregating n66 and n77(c-band).
So, either the CSR provisioned my sim incorrectly or the UW plans only apply to mmwave, and not c-band. It being considered part of regular 5G plans. Just another way for Verizon to up-sell since few people get mmwave. Tons are starting to get c-band.

3. Since UW (c-band) is in my area now even though I'm on the fringe and it comes and goes, Verizon started offering Home Internet so I got that now. Free Gateway and $60 a month the same as I was paying for my MIFI plan but now with unlimited high speed data instead of a high speed data cap on HS plans. Still LTE/5G, and UW c-band 5G depending on the areas capacity and my demand. Of course in my area high speed is relative.

What are you paying for that plan? is it the normal public price?

And where did you purchase that MiFi?

Have you tested on other networks?

Can the IMEI be "repaired" ? TTL wrangling?

i believe depending on the plan you either get '5GUW speeds' or you do not, but you still connect to the c-band(and possibly mmwave) frequencies but there is some speed throttling in place that is not in place if you have a plan without 5GUW

What are you paying for that plan? is it the normal public price?

And where did you purchase that MiFi?

Have you tested on other networks?

Can the IMEI be "repaired" ? TTL wrangling?

Who are you asking?

i believe depending on the plan you either get '5GUW speeds' or you do not, but you still connect to the c-band(and possibly mmwave) frequencies but there is some speed throttling in place that is not in place if you have a plan without 5GUW

Thanks. Doesn't much matter since the MIFI showed 5GUW most of the time and when it didn't it was regular 5G and sometimes LTE. And no matter what, streaming ROKU without buffering wasn't an issue. I don't have a speed fixation as long as I can do what I want.
Doesn't matter. I have the Home Internet now which is even better and cheaper then a MIFI.

you

10char

All my original questions were answered or in my last post. I don't even use the mifi anymore but it worked great for my purpose.
Sorry I don't follow the relevance. But to pacify you
1. Already stated before, regular Verizon Public price.
2. No other networks to test on. No need.
3. IMEI repair answered above. TTL wrangling?.. don't know what that is.

All my original questions were answered or in my last post. I don't even use the mifi anymore but it worked great for my purpose.
Sorry I don't follow the relevance. But to pacify you
1. Already stated before, regular Verizon Public price.
2. No other networks to test on. No need.
3. IMEI repair answered above. TTL wrangling?.. don't know what that is.

TTL is used to help bypass hotspot use. Some devices allow you to just type in the number you wish to set it at.

Back