Moto G Power Swollen Battery

Nessa55

Carrier(s)
Tello
Device(s)
Moto G13
I can have the battery replaced tomorrow for $75.
Should I do that or look for a new phone?
I really like this phone.
It came with Straight Talk but I switched to Tello.

Moto G Power
XT 2041DL

Can buy a new-to-you one for not much more.

I have a spare 8 at the moment, $50+shipping

The XT 2041DL is sold as a refurb at the TracFone website for 49.99 (plan purchase required, minimum probably $15 for a 30 day plan).

The down side is that you would have to run it on TracFone for 60 days before it could be unlocked to use elsewhere.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

The down side is that you would have to run it on TracFone for 60 days before it could be unlocked to use elsewhere.
Yes, all mine are unlocked. Most not used much, some maybe a few hours

Also note just buying the battery and replacing yourself will save some money YT will show how

I've ordered the Moto G13 from EBay. $154.
Thank you all for your help.

I've ordered the Moto G13 from EBay. $154.
Thank you all for your help.

According to the Motorola website it doesn't have Bands 4,12,66 or 71. If you're on Tello (T-Mobile) you need those. Phonemore only shows Latin America and Europe models of that phone not USA.
Unless someone has better info , you may want to cancel that order ASAP.

If you buy off Ebay or other sites like that you need to do allot of due diligence/research.

It has already shipped. It said it's unlocked....Oh dear. I'll call Tello. Thanks!

Unlocked doesn't mean a phone has the bands for the network you need if it's not a USA model.

You may be able to get an Ebay refund. Before you buy a new phone ask in here and get the model # not just model name. And research it.
There's allot of lower end 5G capable phones for less $ then that.
Post in the Tello forum for help.

Since the Moto G13 may not work with Tello...
Can anyone suggest a Moto phone around $150?
I really like the Moto G Power (with the swollen battery) and would like to stay with the brand.
I use to buy Samsung's but the last one I bought I hated so I returned it and bought the Moto G Power 2020.
I need to do some research.
Thank you.

Since the Moto G13 may not work with Tello...
Can anyone suggest a Moto phone around $150?
I really like the Moto G Power (with the swollen battery) and would like to stay with the brand.
I use to buy Samsung's but the last one I bought I hated so I returned it and bought the Moto G Power 2020.
I need to do some research.
Thank you.

First I recommend you start a thread in the General Pre-Paid forum. This one is not noticed by allot of people. I found it by chance.

Just saw Tello has a Power 2021 refurb for $139 but you can likely do better brand new in the $150 range.

That link didn't work for me.
I'd first get an Ebay refund if you can wait till you get recommendation answers.

How about Moto G Play 2023 Amazon $109.

Recommending phones all depends on what's important to the user. BUT, do your research and get the Model number. You can't go by just the model name for compatibility.

Is it this one?
https://www.amazon.com/Moto-3-Day-B...wxZGtgQMV1S-tBh0B5ghqEAQYAyABEgJfJvD_BwE&th=1

If so it's the XT2271-5 model number and from what I could find and on the Moto site and other sources it's the factory unlocked version and has all the bands you'll need for Tello. (or any other carrier except Xfinity and Spectrum). But I'm not a recommender to go through all the specs where there might be a better option to meets your needs. Aren't you considering going 5G since your making the investment to last?

I recently bought an AT&T branded 2023 Moto G Play for about $50 through Walmart. I don't know how good the factory unlocked version is, but I've had some issues with mine. It does have excellent battery life, it operates pretty smoothly for most things. My opinion, I prefer the 2021 Play to the 2023.

The issues: like my 2021 Pure the 2023 Play seems to have a weak WiFi antenna. Those two drop WiFi more than my other phones. I have difficulty opening some Google Docs files on the Play and Pure that I can open on my other phones. Then, the Play quit reading a microSD card. I swapped it out to another phone and it reads-writes. I swapped another similar card into the Play and it reads-writes.

I haven't activated the 2023 Play yet so I can't comment on network signal strength. I got it to use on H20 Wireless.

Sent from my moto e using HoFo mobile app

Back