Moto G Stylus 2021 stylus question

tlippy

Carrier(s)
TracFone-since 2005
Device(s)
Moto G Stylus (2021) Pixel 3 XL
When I remove the stylus and press down on the top (the black button), it pops out a quarter inch. Why? What does it do?

Absolutely correct. Otherwise, it would be difficult to get the stylus from out of the storage space. :2thumbs:

Absolutely correct. Otherwise, it would be difficult to get the stylus from out of the storage space. :2thumbs:

The OP posted "When I remove the stylus and press down on the top (the black button), it pops out a quarter inch", which sounds like the OP dug out the stylus THEN pressed the black button and caused the latch to pop out/up. I just tried it myself, it was not easy to dig out the stylus without popping the latch first :hehehe:

Dumb question! Thanks for not dissing me 🤯

Dumb question! Thanks for not dissing me 🤯

We don't diss anybody.

For every person who asks a question, there are likely a number of folks who have the same question, but are too bashful to ask.

Friends helping friends for years now.

Gotta tell you - been on this forum since 2009. Would not have been able to navigate the new world of cell phones and Tracfone without you guys (and a few girls) helping me along the journey. Thanks

Gotta tell you - been on this forum since 2009. Would not have been able to navigate the new world of cell phones and Tracfone without you guys (and a few girls) helping me along the journey. Thanks

No worries, glad to offer any help when we can. Fortunately, with the variety of forum members and experiences, there is a lot of available advice for all at no charge. Opinions are always free here. :buddies:

I don't even use the stylus cause my phone cover covers it and removing it is a PIA.

and IIRC the phone will tell you that the stylus is removed. Or am I in error mode?

I don't even use the stylus cause my phone cover covers it and removing it is a PIA.

and IIRC the phone will tell you that the stylus is removed. Or am I in error mode?

Cases are very specific for the Stylus 2021 model. I have a Spigen bought from Amazon, but they no longer have them. You can get these from Spigen or Motorola for a higher price. Motorola has a cheaper branded one too.

Yes, when the stylus is removed a small menu pops up. I don't use my stylus for anything except typing where precision is needed on small touchpads. My bank app is one of these, and I use it frequently when out.

My ShoMo $7 Amazon case fits perfectly and allows full use of the stylus.

Can you provide a link for this case please?

I will ask the community not to post links as they would be deleted as SPAM. Just search on the Amazon internet site for the product name and phone model instead. Thank you.

If for some reason someone wanted to be able to identify a specific Amazon item, they could just post the item number. It's something like this:B08F5FYRZF. Just throwing this out there as a way to identify a specific item in case there is ambiguity without violating site guidelines.

If for some reason someone wanted to be able to identify a specific Amazon item, they could just post the item number. It's something like this:B08F5FYRZF. Just throwing this out there as a way to identify a specific item in case there is ambiguity without violating site guidelines.
Good suggestion. That would avoid any moderation issues.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app

Back