Motorola DROID 3 Pre-release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, tarbaby ain't sayin' nuthin'! :D
Okay. How about saying something then??

D3.jpg

Last edited:
wow. thats a beauty.. wnrussell comes through again!

that chin makes a droid 1 come back! love how thin the top half looks

Not sure if this is a big surprise, but he also hinted that it won't be 4G. This would have been a must have for me if it was Lte, stock android, and is unlocked.

We won't see it up here in Mendocino County until next year at the soonest, nor in any of the other areas I work in NorCal (everything north of Santa Rosa and Sacramento to the Oregon and Nevada Borders), so no LTE isn't a big deal for me.

Okay. How about saying something then??

[/IMG]http://russellstone.com/hofo/D3.jpg[/IMG]

nice to see they put the microphone back in the front of the phone. D2 mic at the bottom was a terrible idea and call quality suffered.

wnrussel,

Any chance you would slide that up for us? If not, can you share anything with us about the keyboard?

What I'd like to know:
Is there a d-pad or arrows?
Are the keys raised?
Are the keys spaced like the Droid (uniform spacing/stacked keys), the Droid 2 (staggered keys, similar to a keyboard) or more like an HTC device (where there is actual space between the keys)?
Can you compare the phone, size, thickness to another phone on the market?

Here is a pic with keyboard open.

Definitely different from D2 sorry! :D

Need more coffee...

Solana_kb_open.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic KB!!

Notice the dedicated row for the number keys. Full of win.

Any idea on a release date? Can you compare the thickness/size to another phone for me? How does it compare in size/weight to the OG Droid?

Can we complete the trifecta and get a picture of the back of the phone?

Last edited:
No idea on release date. I would guess mid summer.

I wish I could upvote your post. Sadly, this is not reddit. Thanks for the info though either way. Assuming this is LTE, it will be my next phone.

I've been sitting on my upgrade since November (1 year contract on my OG Droid) just waiting for a new phone worth upgrading too.

The dedicated number keys (which is amazing) + the shape/size of the D2 keyboard + processor/ram/screen specs + reduced size (Screen looks significantly thinner?) does what the Droid 2 and every other phone since, hasn't done...

It makes me want to ditch the OG Droid.

Do you think the phone is really going to be Stock Android?

Solana_sideview.jpg

As I said before, I really have no idea but the firmware builds I saw were Blur system and framework.

They are test builds so not conclusive.

I can ask for more info but it's not always forthcoming.

As I said before, I really have no idea but the firmware builds I saw were Blur system and framework.

They are test builds so not conclusive.

I can ask for more info but it's not always forthcoming.

That would be sad. I really hope it doesn't get Blur... or that Moto cleans up Blur to be... well... not awful.

That 'side-shot' got me a little excited. It looks like it's significantly thinner than the OG Droid.

C'mon April release date... c'mon April release date!! Big money... Big money... Big money... no whammies... STOP!!

I wish I could upvote your post. Sadly, this is not reddit. Thanks for the info though either way. Assuming this is LTE, it will be my next phone.

I've been sitting on my upgrade since November (1 year contract on my OG Droid) just waiting for a new phone worth upgrading too.

The dedicated number keys (which is amazing) + the shape/size of the D2 keyboard + processor/ram/screen specs + reduced size (Screen looks significantly thinner?) does what the Droid 2 and every other phone since, hasn't done...

It makes me want to ditch the OG Droid.

Do you think the phone is really going to be Stock Android?

It's not LTE from all the rumors so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It's not LTE from all the rumors so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah, I went back through the thread and realized that...

How does that make any sense? Shouldn't EVERY phone released after a certain point (especially smartphones) just be LTE??

Yeah, I went back through the thread and realized that...

How does that make any sense? Shouldn't EVERY phone released after a certain point (especially smartphones) just be LTE??

If no LTE, then it could be for those that don't want to pay more for the 4G data plan.

Any word on HDMI? That would make it my perfect phone! I have to assume this has LTE, I don't see why it wouldn't. Also, what's the approximate screen size?

Any word on HDMI? That would make it my perfect phone! I have to assume this has LTE, I don't see why it wouldn't. Also, what's the approximate screen size?

I'm also interested in whether it has HDMI out, it at least gives an indication of what kind of chipset it may have.

That looks like an HDMI port under the keyboard to me. And are the keys actual buttons? It looks like that to me, rather than the stock OG which just used that giant sticker ontop of all of them which suuucckkkeeedd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back