Verizon Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a nice area!

Couldn't find any pics of the phone on google street view though lol

About How Many Appications Come On This Shules I Am So Want To Know Or Give Me A Good Estimater Please (smile)

OMG... I am sooooo gonna be sitting outside the VZW store the day this comes out

wnrussell said:
At a meeting hotel on the Savannah riverfront tourist area. Zoom in on that intersection in Google Maps Street view and see!
Oh, I thought you were feeling suicidal, lol.

Did anyone ever say what kind of battery life it has? That charging every day sux. I need it to last with minimum usage 2 days. I don't have access to power all the time. But like the rest of us I WANT this phone

xavier101 said:
About How Many Appications Come On This Shules I Am So Want To Know Or Give Me A Good Estimater Please (smile)
Well, that is a good question. You can play with the phone for hours upon days and find more applications. It can get addicting about what apps there are available:

Tao6.jpg

wnrussell said:
Tao1.jpg

Tao2.jpg

More to follow later tonight...
What google app is that? Just Google Maps?

From the dark side of the moon...

This is the one that I liked best. :cool:

0925091310a.jpg

kbman said:
This is the one that I liked best. :cool:

0925091310a.jpg
Is that Google Earth with the Sky view?

yes...it is...Skymap as described by wnrussel about 10 pages back.

Great pics guys. Many thanks! I'm getting extremely excited for this to get into my palms.

so how tall is this thing? seems really long...

I don't think this has been asked yet, but what is the music (mp3) playback quality like?
Does the player program look nice and does it support multitasking (play music in the background)?

But more importantly, how is the call quality?

Last edited:
FAUguy said:
I don't think this has been asked yet, but what is the music (mp3) playback quality like?
Does the player program look nice and does it support multitasking (play music in the background)?

Was just planning on asking the exact same question :p

mick4394 said:
I don't disagree. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons that this won't be a world phone.

Personally, I could care less. I can count the times that I've been out of the country on one finger.

The only reason I really care for it is that I really don't want to buy a phone now, only to be able to use it for 6 months of the 2 year contract, and I'm kinda reluctant to switch to ATT or Tmo for service.

And if that's the case, is Motorola cooking up some Tegra or Snapdragon handsets for 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back