Verizon Motorola Droid X - Screen Failure Issue

my screen was dead too, but i think its because i pulled the battery tab right off. i thought it was supposed to be removed, argh. the screen is toast.

I initially thought this as well. I was confused by the "do not cut" part, but I thought I was supposed to pull the tab off to expose battery contacts or something. After I gave it a slight yank, I inspected it a bit more and saw that the contacts were already exposed and thought maybe this was just a fancy pull tab to help remove the battery. After I put the battery in and saw that the phone had power, I figured out that's what it has to be for. It would have been nice if they labeled it better or at least mentioned it in the (very)quick guide.

Tech support knew of the issue. They've gotten a few calls before me on this. I'm hoping it's not widespread. They will be sending me a new one with the next shipment on the 27th. here's hoping it's all better the second time around!

Tech support knew of the issue. They've gotten a few calls before me on this. I'm hoping it's not widespread. They will be sending me a new one with the next shipment on the 27th. here's hoping it's all better the second time around!

Man, I just got off the phone with VZW tech, and they said that the issue was going to be fixed via the .604 update lol. Gonna call back and try to get someone else. i just want to exchange the phone!

Sorry, for some reason the edit button is not working.

VZW are stating that they wont exchange the phone because the issue I am talking about is a "backlight" issue, that they are aware of, and they are going to fix in the .604 release. Dont know what to do now.

Dang, really sorry for another post, I cant seem to edit any of my posts, it just hangs.

So got another CSR, she stated the same thing, that its a backlight issue and that it is going to be fixed in the .604 update. I said that its definitely not a backlight issue, and please search whatever you need to search in order to find any information regarding my issue. What she was describing was not the issue that I was having. I told her that other customers were experiencing the same screen flickering that I was, and its becoming a common one. She finally said since you are in your 30 days, we can do a "worry-free guarantee" exchange. Got a new order number, and now playing the waiting game as far as getting a new device. Lets hope it doesnt get pushed back beyond 7/27.

well ain't that a crapper....if this gets fixed via a release I am gonna be PO'd - they told ME to take it back to BB and exchange it....gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just finally received mine, powered it on, and noticed a dead pixel on the right hand side of the phone. It's pretty noticeable. Will Verizon send me a new one for 1 dead pixel, or should I just look for methods the remedy it myself?

I had what looked like an upside down y of pixels that you could only see when the screen was white on the 2nd day that I had it. The line was from about 3/4th of the way up on the screen all the way down to just above the bottom of the screen. I noticed it a few times that day and I haven't seen it again since.

Hopefully this is just a software issue and not a hardware one as I don't want to have to mess with returning the phone and getting a new one.

So I just finally received mine, powered it on, and noticed a dead pixel on the right hand side of the phone. It's pretty noticeable. Will Verizon send me a new one for 1 dead pixel, or should I just look for methods the remedy it myself?

If you are under your worry free guarantee period (first thirty days which you are) - You can exchange the phone for whatever reason you see fit.

If you are having screen problems of any kind, such as dead pixels or flickering, please post your build week. I'm wondering if it might all be from a bad batch.

2vigmro.jpg

Mines 27/10 with one dead pixel. If I see more, or any other issues, OR if if it is a batch problem. I will use the warranty for another one

Mine was 28/10. Seems that the dead pixel fixed itself somehow. I tried to do the pressure fix, and it didn't seem to work, then a couple of hours later it magically went away.

i have 27/10 and no screen problems yet ! ive had it since thur at 7 am !!

Ordered mine at 0700 on the 15th. I have build #: 28/10. No screen problems here.

OP Here - Called Verizon and they were less than helpful (seems if you buy your phone from someone else they don't care about you all that much) they told me to box it up and take it back to BB. Returned it to Best Buy for full credit and am now debating what to do - order a new one online or wait for my local BB to get one in.....either way it BB's and Verizon Cust Service sucks on this issue.

Yes, you buy it at Best Buy, you return it to Best Buy. I have no idea why people don't get this. If you buy a pair of Levi's at Macy's, would you try to return them to a Levi's outlet store?

Mines 27/10 with one dead pixel. If I see more, or any other issues, OR if if it is a batch problem. I will use the warranty for another one

You all with a single dead pixel or a few dead pixels... you will seriously regret not returning it. The phone isn't going to just magically fix itself. And, from the videos I've watched, I do not see a software update fixing this issue.

Take it back... it's not worth it completely dying when you really need it. Murphy's Law...

- AdamZ

Wow...this sucks. I'm fortunate to not have this issue. Build code is 26/10.

Back