Verizon Motorola DROID X update to Android 2.2 (Froyo) Build 2.3.15

just in case yall are not aware you can change the out put settings for the music player on the x . you go into wired stero devices and choose custom on the effects profile.

just in case yall are not aware you can change the out put settings for the music player on the x . you go into wired stero devices and choose custom on the effects profile.
I like the Bass Punch. Everything off except just that one. It not only adds a little bass, but it sounds better over the entire frequency range for some reason. I like that one.
Enabling the other maximum(?) bass profile does not do that - only the bass is increased, as you'd expect.

Of course if you're using aac or some streaming service that uses that codec (Pandora), then these profiles aren't going to help with that.

I like the Bass Punch. Everything off except just that one. It not only adds a little bass, but it sounds better over the entire frequency range for some reason. I like that one.
Enabling the other maximum(?) bass profile does not do that - only the bass is increased, as you'd expect.

Of course if you're using aac or some streaming service that uses that codec (Pandora), then these profiles aren't going to help with that.

Thanks for the tips. I did notice while using Pandora that you can Enable the audio effects. I was amazed at the difference. From there, if you choose "custom" in the Effects Profile this enables the Equalizer so you can turn on the "Bass Punch" I am listening this way right now.

I too think the Bass Punch sounds the best.
You in Orlando for vacation?

I too think the Bass Punch sounds the best.
You in Orlando for vacation?
No, I clicked on Latitude because I was playing "where am I" with someone, and for some reason it put me in Orlando. I'm in Dallas. Though I'm going to Fantasy Fest in Key West in 3 weeks.

humpa -
have you heard of the "bug" I mentioned earlier where the MIC button on WIRED HEADSETSS activates MUSIC rather than VOICE COMMAND.

MOTO support suggested a FACTORY RESET which I did after taking the usual backup precautions.

The FACTORY RESET did not help.

MOTO is sending me a new headset; but, I am not hopeful it will help.

does anyone have any suggestions?

For me, when I click on the headset button, it will resume playing the last song I played in DoubleTwist. Even if I am already listening to music using the native music app...it will play the song I last used DoubleTwist to play on top of the first song I was listening to. I checked that I don't have any defaults set for either music player to launch be default. I don't know why it picks DoubleTwist to play music from the headset button. Weird....

For me, when I click on the headset button, it will resume playing the last song I played in DoubleTwist. Even if I am already listening to music using the native music app...it will play the song I last used DoubleTwist to play on top of the first song I was listening to. I checked that I don't have any defaults set for either music player to launch be default. I don't know why it picks DoubleTwist to play music from the headset button. Weird....

last night I found this
app called
CHOICE DIALER

it has restored and improved the function of the WIRED MICROPHONE BUTTON.

i have also noticed my battery life is shorter after the upgrade to 2.2.

Every time I've tried to update my phone firmware, I get a message stating "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I've been trying for a couple of months. Any ideas?

Have you tried check for the update via WIFI ????

(Just a thought..... could be VZW is limiting the number of down loads on 3G.)

Have you tried check for the update via WIFI ????

(Just a thought..... could be VZW is limiting the number of down loads on 3G.)

Good idea. I tried via wifi. It said it was checking but just kept churning with no response.

Thanks!

:(

I did mine via WIFI.... only took a few minuates over cable. :)

Did you just go to "Settings" and click on "System Updates" or did you open the browser and enter a url to a specific site to update? I'm sure my answer is somewhere in this thread but asking is easier than wading through 14 pages.

Thanks.

It's been churning now for 14 minutes "Checking for available update. Please wait". I'm on Roadrunner cable, very fast.

It's been churning now for 14 minutes "Checking for available update. Please wait". I'm on Roadrunner cable, very fast.
It should either find it or not find it right away, or pretty quick at least. Reboot and try again on wifi and 3g.
If you can't get the update, you might want to bring the phone in.

THe update is done the same way as when on 3g using "system updates" on the phone.

As Humpa states above, if a re-boot doesn't work.... you might want to take the phone in.

(The only other thing I can think of is if you are rooted on 2.1 and maybe deleted something that is preventing the update. Just being rooted will not prevent the update. (mine was rooted when I updated to 2.2 Of course updating to 2.2, you will loose root and need to re-root.(That is if you want to be rooted.))

My Droid X is about 3 months old and has not been rooted or otherwise tampered with. I've added a couple of popular apps, nothing more.

Is it possible that Verizon is not allowing firmware updates in my area?

Thanks for the responses.

My Droid X is about 3 months old and has not been rooted or otherwise tampered with. I've added a couple of popular apps, nothing more.

Is it possible that Verizon is not allowing firmware updates in my area?

Thanks for the responses.
There is something wrong. Go to Verizon and fix it.

OKay, I went into the Settings/Applications and found "Unknown sources, allow install of non-Market applications". I had turned it off because I thought it was designed to stop adware, spyware, etc.

I have turned it back on and the update is now proceeding on wifi. It has been downloading for about 19 minutes. My roadrunner connection is pretty fast. I just ran a benchmark and it showed my connection at 4.8 mb. I suspect that maybe it is not actually downloading, but I will give it more time to see.

Thanks again, I'll post the results.

Back