Motorola Droid X2 (Daytona) Pre-release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting, that would counter balance the loss in battery life from the 1500 battery in the Droid X

I agree hands down. Is there info on the proposed DX2 having a dual core processor?

I agree hands down. Is there info on the proposed DX2 having a dual core processor?

Yeah, It's rumored to have the same tegra 2 processor as the bionic just downclocked to 800Mhz

Wish they made a DX-Global... Any idea if any of the 4"+ phones w/o physical keyboards are going to be GSM-capable?

The Motorola Atrix is 4 inches and it's got the same dual core, and Samsung is making a 4.5 inch AT&T phone with a 1 Ghz processor that looks really good I think it's called the Infuse or something

also HTC is making a 4.3 incher for AT&T as well, basically a Thunderbolt for AT&T

I should have been more clear.. I meant Verizon phones that will have GSM capabilities like the D2-Global... Thanks for the responses...

nqs2ko.jpg

rrm6nt.jpg

In the first pic, the only thing different looks to be the UI.

British Turbo mentioned only one noticeable physical difference and it appears the camera button is indeed gone.

British Turbo mentioned only one noticeable physical difference and it appears the camera button is indeed gone.

Yeah, but you'll read in here that it might get a new designed camera button on the side by the time it is released.

Does anyone here actually use a front facing camera? or know someone who has a front facing camera that they use often?

Does anyone here actually use a front facing camera? or know someone who has a front facing camera that they use often?

I have one on my iPod touch, and I use it all the time. I'd use one on my phone even more often (especially with Skype support). The fact that this doesn't have one is a deal breaker for me. It's becoming a fairly standard feature on higher-end phones, so it's quite surprising to me that Motorola didn't add one. I'm glad that they're sticking with the original styling though.

If my Droid had one, yes I would use it. Once Skype support is available you'll be able to talk to people other than people with phones. I believe oovoo is also working on an app too. Plus, people need to think about the fact that unless they opt for a 1 year contract they're going to be stuck with the same phone for 20 months. That's a long time in the tech world, by then probably almost all phones will have a ffc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Engadget is reporting that their sources say it's not quite the phone everyone thinks it might be:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/16/motorola-droid-x-2-leaks-more-details-emerge/

They're saying:

- No LTE (which we already knew)
- Release in Q2 (already rumored)
- The same 4.3-inch WVGA (854 x 480) display that's on the existing X (no 960 x 540 qHD)
- a 1.2GHz single-core CPU (no 1GHz Tegra 2 dual-core CPU)
- 768MB of RAM

It will be interesting to see how this phone actually turns out. The above specs from Engadget might actually make more sense since it's supposedly coming out around the same time as the Bionic. No need to create too much in-house competition that close to each other.

Either way, the lack of a front facing camera kills it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back