Verizon Motorola DROID X2 MB870 Release Thread

FAUguy

22 Year HoFo Member!
Carrier(s)
AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
Device(s)
Samsung S22 Ultra 512GB, Note 10 Plus, Note 9, Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, V9m, VX8000
Please use this thread for the Motorola DROID X2.

It is now listed on the Verizon site:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...etail&selectedPhoneId=5658&deviceCategoryId=1

Motorola product page:
http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...ices/Mobile-Phones/DROID-X2-by-MOTOROLA-US-EN

To answer the other person's question from the pre-release thread, it says it comes with 8GB internal memory and an 8GB microSDHC memory card, but doesn't say how much RAM & ROM are on the device. My guess would be that the X2 will have 512MB of RAM, just like the X, but the first post in the pre-release thread it was rumored to come with 1GB. Once the X2 is listed on the developer.motorola.com site, we should know for sure.

can anyone who has played/used the phone comment on its battery life? i know the droid x had great battery life, but the dual core may change things..

I love my droid x and would love to have the x 2, but I know when I get a lot of stuff happening on the phone, I can feel the slowness. I wonder how much a better cpu, but same amount of ram solves this?

Also, verizon lists the same talk/stand by time for the X and X2. That can't be right.

is verizon still considering us eligible for a Ne2 rebate? (been waiting since Sept.- aaaand if we buy from wiref/amaz/bb/whatever-- do we still get it? $50 is 50 bucks...

Has anyone gotten one yet? I heard people were getting them. I am curious what everyone will think.

Two items to jump ahead of...

The "no 4G" comments. Remember this phone was suppose to be on the shelves with Bionic so you would have a 4G and non-4G option. The non-4G were for those that didn't have 4G coverage, or didn't want to pay extra for it. So should this phone have been delayed just because Bionic didn't come out?

And of course, it looks like the Droid X. Duh. The Droid X did really well, so people like the form factor. There is only so much you can do with a 4.3" screen with minimal bezel, why leave what works? That strategy obviously worked for Apple through multiple generations.
The problem with the RAZR wasn't that Motorola did newer versions that looked the same, it was that that is all they came out with.

Okay done with my rant, just one of those Fridays.

Looking for a way to bypass the activation. Anyone have any ideas? 4 corners is not working.

The version of Blur on it appears consistent with the GB leaks that have been floating around. I'm excited to mess with it but cant get past the touch to activate screen.

Has anyone gotten one yet? I heard people were getting them. I am curious what everyone will think.

Two items to jump ahead of...

The "no 4G" comments. Remember this phone was suppose to be on the shelves with Bionic so you would have a 4G and non-4G option. The non-4G were for those that didn't have 4G coverage, or didn't want to pay extra for it. So should this phone have been delayed just because Bionic didn't come out?

And of course, it looks like the Droid X. Duh. The Droid X did really well, so people like the form factor. There is only so much you can do with a 4.3" screen with minimal bezel, why leave what works? That strategy obviously worked for Apple through multiple generations.
The problem with the RAZR wasn't that Motorola did newer versions that looked the same, it was that that is all they came out with.

Okay done with my rant, just one of those Fridays.

THANK YOU. I see this all the time and it drives me insane. Who would've thunk there'd be different phones for different target audiences!
I have one, and so far love it here in Montana (4G Dead zone). Just trying now to get my gameloft games back on it :p

I wont be doing the X2 review (no time next week). One of the other guys will and he's got the hands-on pics and videos of it posted:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-DROID-X2-Hands-on---Unboxing_id18997

I did get to try another one out earlier today for a few minutes at a store, and the 4 lower buttons are much better designed and don't wiggle around any more. The qHD screen looks really nice. The updated version of (Blur) is also better, but wish it was Gingerbread. The menus were smooth and phone seems fast, but couldn't try any benchmarks as it was a store unit. Call quality is good and sounds identical between the X and X2.

The only thing I don't like is that the camera shutter key is now gone. When you use the camera, it keeps trying to autofocus all the time, like on the HTC phones, or you can tap the screen to focus on an area. But you then have to tap the shutter icon to take the picture. This is why I like a real 2-stop camera shutter key, press half way to focus, then all the way to take the pic.

Might be off topic, but it would be nice if this was part of single forum for Droid X/X2, similarly if all the Droid 1/2/3 threads were part of a single forum for the Droids. I really liked the Droid X forum where one could post or look for information regarding just that phone.

Might be off topic, but it would be nice if this was part of single forum for Droid X/X2, similarly if all the Droid 1/2/3 threads were part of a single forum for the Droids. I really liked the Droid X forum where one could post or look for information regarding just that phone.

I've asked the other Mods about changing the "DROID X" subforum to "DROID X and X2".

Looking for a way to bypass the activation. Anyone have any ideas? 4 corners is not working.

The version of Blur on it appears consistent with the GB leaks that have been floating around. I'm excited to mess with it but cant get past the touch to activate screen.

For those curious, pull the battery out and then power then phone back on. The moment the android appears, touch it.

Just posted my review of the phone: http://cellphoneforums.net/cell-phone-reviews/t327754-motorola-droid-x2-review.html

To me it just seems like a filler phone to show that Motorola/Verizon have a dual core phone. meh
Both the X and X2 have 8GB of internal memory. It just depends on how much of that is reserved (hidden). If you go into the settings menu, it should say how much is actually available. The X has about 6GB visible.

Also, if you recall the X did come with a 16GB card at launch, but about 6-7 months later they replaced it. Now it only has a 2GB card.

Both the X and X2 have 8GB of internal memory. It just depends on how much of that is reserved (hidden). If you go into the settings menu, it should say how much is actually available. The X has about 6GB visible.

Also, if you recall the X did come with a 16GB card at launch, but about 6-7 months later they replaced it. Now it only has a 2GB card.

That's the strange thing - I got the 4.3gb figure from the settings menu.

I didn't know that about the X - I got mine a couple months ago and it came with 16gb card.

my box came today with what was supposed to be the X2.. they sent me a droid X.
i paid extra for overnight on a friday-saturday and they are still making me pay for the overnight even though they sent me the wrong phone.. so pretty much i paid $20 for overnight shipping for an incorrect phone and now I wont get the phone I want until tuesday or wednesday

Back